GW Characters 10+ levels?

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
As the title states, are there any rules about this? For characters to reach levels above 10? I have yet to pick up famine expansion...
No rules for characters beyond 10th in the Famine in Far-Go expansion.
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
I don't actually expect there will be -- Gamma World seems to play just fine as a ten level game.

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Game Designer, The Queen's Cavaliers

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion

Notably, several players in the forum have come up with some homebrew solutions, but I don't have specific links.  The sticky might, though.
I'm fine with 1-10 since my characters rarely reach level 2.
This thread had a lot of the previous discussion on the matter and several proposals:

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
I'm fine with 1-10 since my characters rarely reach level 2.

Didn't Dave the Aardvark get to level 4 before being MAD'd to death by Robot Ronald Reagan?

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Yeah, when my players reach lvl 9 I'll worry about continuing the game past that point... maybe.

Our group kinda went thru this when we switched over from D&D to Starwars. That game ends at lvl 20. At 1st we didn't like this. But after playing for a while it didn't make sense to continue a game past that point. The theme and feel of the game is different from D&D despite the mechanics being similar.
I think it'll be the same way with GW.
Didn't Dave the Aardvark get to level 4 before being MAD'd to death by Robot Ronald Reagan?

That a line like this is perfectly reasonable in this game setting is possibly the biggest argument for playing it.
Thanks guy, maybe I am worrying to soon, I guess I am just trying to always be prepared. While we are on the subject of levels, is the level progression standard?

Like 4th and 8th  levels you get a +1 to two different scores?

And of course there are no feats...
Nope, you never get ability score increases in D&D Gamma World, and of course you don't get feats. The level progression chart is entirely different from the D&D chart.

Caoimhe Ora Snow

is the level progression standard?
Like 4th and 8th  levels you get a +1 to two different scores?
And of course there are no feats...

No. No. and No.

Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
If you have a PC make it to 10th level they should become an NPC and rule over large areas of Gamma Earth!
If you start each new character at level 1, the rate of character death in Gamma World will probably keep anyone but the very lucky from reaching level 10, let alone surpassing it.

We have vocations now which act like feat from Legion of Gold. I ran the Robot Regan adventure last night, had foyr players down to half. One of the victims was my wife's yeti character that  failed her death save quickly.
If you have a PC make it to 10th level they should become an NPC and rule over large areas of Gamma Earth!

Thats the best idea Ive read on here.

Ive yet to even hear of a PC making it above 4th.

We should start a new entry under the rules questions at the top of this forum, like a "Hall of Fame" for those who make it to 10th... then they can be used as NPCs by all...
Why did the hoop cross the road?
No feats? yes there are. Vocation feats in Legion of Gold.
No feats? yes there are. Vocation feats in Legion of Gold.

Note the dates.  And the previous posts.  
oh okay :p sorry
Personally, based on the fact that most every d20 game I've played falls apart or never makes is above level 9 anyway, I don't see the need. 
No one wins in the Edition Wars. The whole hobby loses. Wizards did not lose me as a DDI subscriber with the Online CB, they lost me long before that. And I have let my Herald Level GM Status lapse after 8 years. Wizards lack of support and the Edition Wars Trolls that are poorly moderated just managed to take all the fun out of public events. ~~ KT
Sign In to post comments