Origins Half-Sheets (Famine in Far-Go Included)

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
The update is done! My Origins Half-Sheets now include the new origins from Famine in Far-Go. And as an added bonus, the fonts have been embedded, so no additional download is needed (thanks again to DevoDog for the suggestion).

Gamma World Origins Half-Sheets (H) (FiFG)

My next task is converting the new origins to the vertical format. It shouldn't take too long, but it involves adding additional information. In the meantime, here's a new version of the original vertical sheets with embedded fonts:

Gamma World Origins Half-Sheets (V)
Gamma World Origins Half-Sheets (V) (FiFG) coming soon

Enjoy the sheets, and feel free to provide feedback!
Gamma World Origins Half-Sheets: Horizontal (FiFG) Vertical (GW) FiFG coming soon
Awesome! Thanks so much for your hard work, battles! Time to print a few for next week's game.
I used your first set of half sheets in my Gamma World game already, and I just got Fargo. You rock dude! Now I just need to wait for a time my boss isn't around to print these bad boys out for free. 
Thanks for the catch, Zero. I try to edit these as closely as possible, but it's tough to catch every mistake.

I've updated the file.
Gamma World Origins Half-Sheets: Horizontal (FiFG) Vertical (GW) FiFG coming soon
These are very nice. I would even go so far as to call them "spiffy". Laughing
Sweet! Making power cards for my players just became significantly less time-consuming.

Yar har fiddle-dee-dee!
I like. A lot.
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
I'm 2/3 of the way through converting the horizontal sheets to vertical sheets. Hopefully I'll be able to get them up in the next few days. I'll bump the thread when I do.
The update is done! My Origins Half-Sheets now include the new origins from Famine in Far-Go. And as an added bonus, the fonts have been embedded, so no additional download is needed (thanks again to DevoDog for the suggestion).

battles,

Unfortunately, the UnitedStates font isn't embedded (at least in the horizontal version).  If you can choose PDF/A as an option when you create PDF file, it should embed the fonts (that's part of the PDF/A specification).
Unfortunately, the UnitedStates font isn't embedded (at least in the horizontal version).  If you can choose PDF/A as an option when you create PDF file, it should embed the fonts (that's part of the PDF/A specification).

Thanks for the heads up. The font issue has (FINALLY!) been fixed. InDesign wasn't embedding the font when I used the "Export" feature, but when I created a .pdf using "Print," it worked just fine.

The links to the horizontal half-sheets in this thread's OP and my sig will take you to the new version of the file, which at long last has embedded fonts. I'll make the change to the vertical sheets when I upload the FiFG version soon.

If you've downloaded my horizontal sheets and there's a "3" where the radioactive symbol should be, be sure to grab the new version.

Do you intend to put these out for the Legion of Gold origins? These are a great tool that solves the issues I had with character creation grinding to a halt with multiple people being forced to copy from one book.
Yes. I will update these for Legion of Gold. I'm going to wait to buy it until street date to save a little money, but they will definitely get an update.

The vertical sheets have been updated for Famine in Far-Go, and I just have to give them one last read through before posting. I'll try to get them up before the end of the week.
Yah Battles these half sheets rock. It makes character gen so much easier. I have my players roll twice and pick one for there primary origin so they have an option, and just handing them a half sheet with each origin is much easier then lettin them use the book. that way i can also have multiple people making a character at the same time. Also they dont start to wander thru the other origins and going oooo that guy looks cool hehe.
Hey I have a set of your original half-sheets printed out and used several times. I created an account so I could thank you for the effort you put into these. I started some half-sheets for Famine but never finished them due to time constraints so I really appreciate these! Its a lifesaver since I have a convention game this weekend.
Hey I have a set of your original half-sheets printed out and used several times. I created an account so I could thank you for the effort you put into these. I started some half-sheets for Famine but never finished them due to time constraints so I really appreciate these! Its a lifesaver since I have a convention game this weekend.

Sniper - thanks for taking the effort to get in touch with me. I'm glad so many people are appreciating these.

Just an update—FiFG vertical sheets are coming out ASAP, and I may have a beat on the info from LoG so I can start working on the sheets again before street date.

Battles,

If you can ge the LoG half-sheets up by Thursday, I will really owe you one!  My game's start date ended up being pushed up two weeks...

Thanks for all of your work!
Battles,

If you can ge the LoG half-sheets up by Thursday, I will really owe you one!  My game's start date ended up being pushed up two weeks...

Thanks for all of your work!

That's a tall order. Law school always takes precedence for me, and it's a perpetual feeling like my head's under water. I'll try to get them out as quickly as I can.

I'll live.  Family and school first!

Wow, awesome. Thanks. That will save a lot of time at the table when I start playing or running this game. 
No one wins in the Edition Wars. The whole hobby loses. Wizards did not lose me as a DDI subscriber with the Online CB, they lost me long before that. And I have let my Herald Level GM Status lapse after 8 years. Wizards lack of support and the Edition Wars Trolls that are poorly moderated just managed to take all the fun out of public events. ~~ KT
Hey just wondering how progress is going on the LoG sheets? These are amazing, and I'm starting a game this weekend, would be great if I had LoG ones as well to hand out to my players.

Thanks for your effort, Battles!
I'm also doing a game this weekend, but didn't want to say anything Smile

Your sheets are super useful, and missing a useful referance for even 8 of them would be unfortunate.
I've written up the LoG ones, but I don't really know how to get them formatted how battles has done them, and I don't have the time to fiddle around and find out. I figured that someone could take these and fix em up, and throw them back up. At least we have *something* until then anyway.

www.mediafire.com/?lvy3t1y90wr1f7d

Cheers to Battles for doing the originals, and cheers in advance to whoever reformats these ones :D
They seem to be up in this thread?

GW origins half sheet landscape

Sign In to post comments