I roll 20's: A Char Op Anthem

40 posts / 0 new
Last post

This is for you.  My dawgs in Char Op.  The only reason I'm putting it here is because I owe you everything and I wanted you to hear it first.  This is my tribute to you.  Forgive the no video but I just finished this in the studio.  Video to follow.  Enjoy.

Lyrics

It's evident when the die leaves my hand
from any gaming table ya I'm gonna be banned
Rolling more 20's than the DM can stand
Controlling Team Monster ya you better disband

I bring death to the table like the bubonic plague
I'm willing and able I don't mean to be vague
roll up and eat a bagle then steal your nest egg
you best believe son I'm abouts to be payed

Cause your mind flayer posse don't mean nothing to me
all your troglodyte mobs will fear my 20
cause when it rolls that's the number you'll see
and endless stream of crits this aint make believe

Like a fantasy adventure with a TPK
indulge the DM?  HAH no way
cause I came to loot mobs and outright slay
any foolish chump that dont get out of my way

I ROLL 20'S

I roll 20's like Tycho DM'ing Dark Sun
If I get a chance to roll then then the battle is done
from the second I arrive the encounter is won
Not fun for you?  WHAT A CONUNDRUM

I hate to break it to you but we can't be friends
If you choose to DM then our friendship ends
I'm gonna tear your Dragon up I'm not making amends
you chose you role, that's what your choice portends

So let me reiterate what we're working towards
your Demon Lord falling to my bastard sword
giving up your XP and your golden hoard
and over your domain I shall be the lord

I ROLL 20'S

Be it Ranger, be it Warlock, or even Ardent
my capacity for 20's will never be spent
Are you confused?  let me give you a hint
In your perfect defense I'm gonna make a dent

You should have known better to test me see
It don't matter that you memorized your DMG
or that you rolled a 12 or a 15
cause I'm a CHAR OP dude and your weaker than me

Your Lich is brittle and your giants are slow
they can't measure up to my nimble flow
so when your done exercising a futile show
let me educate you, EVERYBODY KNOWS

I ROLL 20'S

And it aint like I don't feel sorry for them
all your Gnolls, Drow Priests, and Goblins
to their righteous reward I gladly send them
kicking and screaming to meet their end

Cause the Raven Queen is calling and she don't play
with Disciples of Orcus or Zombie decay
I'm her servant son and I'm ready to flay
the flesh from your bones if you disobey

To recap I'M STRAIGHT UP INVINCIBLE
nothing can defeat me at your table
I represent death, like Cain and Able
a Nightmare, in the stable

I ROLL 20'S

I really liked the sound and you are quite talented, but i think i need some kind of written text to understand it better :D

Chauntea/Lathander/Torm Cleric since 1995 My husband married a DM - καλὸς καὶ ἀγαθός

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/14.jpg)

I really liked the sound and you are quite talented, but i think i need some kind of written text to understand it better :D

You got it.  Lyrics to follow.  Thanks Naus!

Dude, that is damn funny.  Props.
Must have taken a while to mix together, good job! Getting all the right lyrics also must have taken a while to think up

Might not be an anthem, but more like a "warcry". When the DM rolled anything, all the players started chanting "Botch, Botch, Botch,...", hoping for a string of 1's. The first, and only time we did, the DM indeed rolled 4 1's in a row. He then banned all players from saying Botch at the same time.
Hahahaha! Good job :-) 
Lyrics are up.   Thanks guys.
good work once again drowbane.  got my anthem for tomorrow's session.

Cry Havoc!  And let slip the hogs of war!

Not my taste in musical style, but certainly amusing nonetheless.
A Beginners Primer to CharOp. Archmage's Ascension - The Wizard's Handbook. Let the Hammer Fall: Dwarf Warpriest/Tactical Warpriest/Indomitable Champion, a Defending Leader. Requiem for Dissent: Cleric/Fighter/Paragon of Victory Melee Leader Ko te manu e kai i te miro, nona te ngahere. Ko te manu e kai i te matauranga e, nano te ao katoa. It's the proliferation of people who think the rules are more important than what the rules are meant to accomplish. - Dedekine
hahahahaha this is definitely right up my alley.
Hahaha FTW!

I always thought in CharOp it's more like: "I ROLL TWOS (but still pwnz j00)" Laughing
+20    AWESOME !!! 
Woot!
Good stuff again bro Wink
Epic win!

I for some reason have the image in my head, of a guy in a cheap troll costume krumping to it.
A friend of mine actually made a character named Eyeroll Twinte.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Critical Hit. 
This is the BPR (Beats per round) King of the Forums.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
That was good. You have a Site or CD people can buy?

*edit* or I can just use your sig.

+20

Thank you everyone for all of your kind words and support.  It means everything.
Props for dropping a rhyme with conundrum.
Wow... I love it. I really commend the effort you put into this for us, and it's quite good too. Thanks for letting me avoid the awkward "its... iiinteresting!"
Currently Playing: lvl 6 Pixie Skald in Home Campaign lvl 2 Human Bard in Forgotten Realms ---
HOLY MC! Freakin' awesome!
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Others had said everything I would have and more eloquently as well, I just wanted to chime in and say "Thank you, and well done!"
@MC_Drowbane,

No sound on my end (I'm a turtle and use dial-up) but the lyrics are GREAT !

Are you endeavoring to earn your title? Wink

Well done.

Best complements I have yet received

Making it up as I go along:

{BRJN} If I was writing the Tome of Lore, I would let Auppenser sleep. But I also would have him dream. In his dreaming he re-activates the innate powers of (some) mortal minds. Or his dreaming changes the nature of reality - currently very malleable thanks to Spellplague &c. Or whatever really cool flavor text and pseudo-science explanation people react positively to.

{Lord_Karsus} You know, I like that better than the explanations for the Spellplague.

{BRJN} If Bhaal approves of The Joker, does he approve of Jack Nicholson's portrayal or Heath Ledger's protrayal more?

{Stigger} That question is utterly classic, and completely on target.

Prepped ahead of time:

I started the 4e thread "1001 Failed Interrogation Results" (now lost in that great electronic goodnight, alas)

{ADHadh} These are all good and make sense! I just can't come up with something that's not covered here and is not completely ridiculous.

(News bulletin: Updated thread to be posted after I review the 5e DMG)

My 5e characters

Active:

Erevyn Meliamne, Wood Elf Rogue1/Monk2, AL, inspired by "Radar O'Reilly" from M*A*S*H: Perception(max)

Alavos of Kirauma, Half-elf Ancients Paladin8, HotDQ / Tiamat, Warlord themed - now an NPC because I was voted DM for our group !

Characters Ready-to-go:

none at present; gotta work on somebody from below !

Concepts I'm kicking around:

Tiefling Bard - party "face", skillful, future business master (using 3e FRCS background material) and patron to beginning adventurers.

Barbarian w/Tough feat, to be nearly indestructible

"Truenamer" cleric - all spells are Verbal

"Buggy" Wizard - insect flavor on everything.  His DMPC / BBEG version is going to become a beetle version of a Worm That Walks.  (See the 4e MM picture of a Lamia.)  Because lichdom is so cliche.

Good stuff!!  Made me wanna slay monsters!
@MC_Drowbane,

No sound on my end (I'm a turtle and use dial-up) but the lyrics are GREAT !

Are you endeavoring to earn your title?

Well done.

Surprised

Please give me more info so that I may rectify this horrible, terrible, and other big words for bad fate which you have found yourself.

Endeavoring?  Always.

I want nerd metal MC
  Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
The Non-combatant Adventurer (aka Princess build Warlord or LazyLord)
Reality is unrealistic - and even monkeys protest unfairness
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

At full hit points and still wounded to incapacitation? you are playing 1e.
By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."

I want nerd metal MC

And so it shall be.
I second the request for nerd metal.
3rded. Hmm, slightly surprised there isn't a +1 or /signed smiley, given the variety already on hand.
A Beginners Primer to CharOp. Archmage's Ascension - The Wizard's Handbook. Let the Hammer Fall: Dwarf Warpriest/Tactical Warpriest/Indomitable Champion, a Defending Leader. Requiem for Dissent: Cleric/Fighter/Paragon of Victory Melee Leader Ko te manu e kai i te miro, nona te ngahere. Ko te manu e kai i te matauranga e, nano te ao katoa. It's the proliferation of people who think the rules are more important than what the rules are meant to accomplish. - Dedekine
Bump Time.
Have I mentioned I can listen to this for hours (literally, I'll put it in my queue on Youtube and l hit replay).
Have I mentioned I can listen to this for hours (literally, I'll put it in my queue on Youtube and l hit replay).

lol sweet!
Honesty requires me to admit that after watching the same dvd 3 times in one night at work (security guard), I need something to break the monotony, so I Roll 20s, Here Comes the High Stepper, Seperate Ways, and When Your Evil became a play list.
I have figured out why your music is so awsome. You are the d&d hollywood undead. Before they became famous hollywood undead. Which in my book is killing Orcus in a suprise round level of win.
Show
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
Thanks man.  That really means alot.  Hook up with me on my new facebook page everybody and I'll friend you.  There's two pages, one is a band page so hop over and give me some "likee" to help make this thing as reality!

Thanks again guys.

Much more to come, and I take requests ;)
Nice.
Kyla Kon owner of the glorious FAMILIAR Super Chicken cHecK ouT pRiZMaliTY aT http://www.prizmal.com get your Fantasy Horoscope at http://www.rydia.com/raven.html
I like this rap. Good work!
Sign In to post comments