How many attackers can one defender defend? My friend had some creature, and used an instant so it would have +X/+X depending on how many lands he tapped. I don't remember it's strength and toughness was, but it was enough to kill all my attackers an

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
How many attackers can one defender defend? My friend had some creature, and used an instant so it would have +X/+X depending on how many lands he tapped. I don't remember it's strength and toughness was, but it was enough to kill all my attackers and live. Can he do this?
How many attackers can one defender defend? My friend had some creature, and used an instant so it would have +X/+X depending on how many lands he tapped. I don't remember it's strength and toughness was, but it was enough to kill all my attackers and live. Can he do this?

Creatures can only normally block one attacker; to block more than one you generally have to do something special, though there are creatures that can do this on their own.

Of course, multiple creatures can always block a single attacking creature, but that's a different situation.
ΦΦΦΦΦ

Unless stated, a creature can only block one attacker.

If you're talking about the Defender ability, it doesn't change how many creatures it can block - only one, in most cases.

There's something saying his creature can block any number of attackers? If not, then it can block only one.

[<o>]

Normally, one blocking creature may BLOCK one attacker,
but one attacker MAY BE BLOCKED by multiple blocking creatures.

So, the normal situation is:

ATTACKERS are «lone sharks»
BLOCKERS may «regroup»

It's not Logic, it's Magic!

ringingrage wrote:

The only card i know who can block more than one creature is the Hundred-Handed One

ringingrage wrote:

The only card i know who can block more than one creature is the Hundred-Handed One

there are many more cards that do that

but please don't respond to a 3 year old thread

proud member of the 2011 community team