Michael Buffer: Prescient Buff Machine Extraordinaire

9 posts / 0 new
Last post

Michael Buffer: A Prescient Buff Machine

Human, Prescient Bard, MC Warlord, Karmic Shaper, Legendary Sovereign

Let's Get Ready to Ruuuuuummmmmmmbbbbbble !

Michael Buffer brings the noise.  He’s not here to do the monster punching, he’s here to buff you up and make you look good! 

Let us look at the ways Michael Buffer will BUFF YOU UP!

Utilizing Virtue of Prescience and Prescient Aid, Michael Buffer will be delivering hefty buffs (+6) to allies who miss in his presence.  Being that Michael Buffer rolls with the Vistani crowd, he's gonna be utilizing this buff feature 3 times a day!

Guiding Strike At Will allows Michael Buffer to deliver a -2 to a defense of his choice.

Rhyme of the Blood Seeking Blade: a serious defensive de-buff on the Interrupt if your ally misses.

Insightful Riposte:  Hey Michael Buffer needs to self buff too once in a while!

Balance of Fortune: Roll a 1d6 and add it to an allies attack against a target until Michael Buffer's EONT.

Sword of the Sovereign:  When Michael Buffer Crits (and yes he can auto crit!) or reduces an enemy to 0 all allies in 1 burst 10 gain temp HP's and a whopping +9 to basic attacks and At Wills until the end of the encounter!  Now that's a Daily.

Reverberating Shot/Sword of Kings: This is Michael Buffer's big gun.  With the Legendary Sovereign capstone power Sword of Kings, as long as Michael Buffer hits a target, Reverberating Shot is not expended and each ally within 5 squares of the target gets either a +7 to Attack or AC until the EONT.  As long as Michael Buffer doesn't miss the target, Reverberating Shot is not expended!  Rinse, repeat, profit!

Michael Buffer is also a De-Buffer!

Vicious Mockery: At Will -2 to attack until EONT.

Psychic Lock: Vicious Mockery has the psychic keyword.  That's -4.

Balance of Fortune: Roll a 1d6 and subtract it from the targets attack until Michael Buffer's EONT.

In addition to the above goodies Michael Buffer has bad guy neutering tactics like the Karmic Shaper Daily End of Luck which makes the target roll a 1 (save ends) on all it's attacks, and Whispers of the Dream King which knocks the poor sucker Unconscious (save ends).  Remember that auto crit part?

Then there's the vicious Arrow of Destiny which turns all allies' normal hits into crits (save ends).

To make sure these nasty conditions stick, Michael Buffer's Virtuoso of Misfortune (-5 to all saves (save ends)), and Sharp Retort (an Encounter Immediate Interrupt -7 save penalty) is sure to bend the odds in his favor.

Combine all this with excellent healing which grants saving throws, and Attack Enabling each time Michael Buffer uses his Virtue of Prescience and you have yourself a sure fire recipe for Team Hero win!

And now.... Let's Get Ready To Ruuuuuuummmmmmbbbbble!

Michael Buffer Level 30

Human, Bard, Karmic Shaper, Legendary Sovereign
Build: Prescient Bard
Bardic Virtue: Virtue of Prescience
Arcane Implement Proficiency: Arcane Implement Proficiency (Dagger)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Light Blade)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Wand)
Soul of Sorcery - Fire (5 DR)
Human Power Selection: Heroic Effort
Sword of Kings: Reverberating Shot

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 15
Con 14
Dex 15
Int 10
Wis 22
Cha 28.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 12, Dex 13, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 16.

AC: 47 - 49 until bloodied - 51 until bloodied/with concealment - 55 Ranged attacks 5 squares away
Fort: 45 - 47 until bloodied - 49 until bloodied/with concealment - 53 Ranged attacks 5 squares away 
Reflex: 46 - 48 with concealment - 54 Ranged attacks 5 squares away
Will: 49 - 51 with concelament - 57 Ranged attacks 5 squares away

HP: 171 
Surges: 9
Surge Value: 42

Initiative: +32

TRAINED SKILLS
Streetwise +29, Arcana +20, Acrobatics +20, Heal +26, Perception +26, Insight +26

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Bluff +25, Diplomacy +25, Dungeoneering +22, Endurance +16, History +16, Intimidate +25, Nature +22, Religion +16, Stealth +16, Thievery +16, Athletics +16

FEATS
Bard: Ritual Caster
Human: Soul of Sorcery
Level 1: Versatile Expertise
Level 2: Improved Majestic Word
Level 4: Improved Defenses
Level 6: Improved Initiative (retrained to Superior Initiative at Level 21)
Level 8: Superior Implement Training (Accurate dagger)
Level 10: Vistani Heritage
Level 11: Prescient Aid
Level 12: Psychic Lock
Level 14: Distant Shot (retrained to Hidden Sniper at Level 28)
Level 16: Majestic Rescue
Level 18: Armor Proficiency: Scale
Level 20: Student of Battle
Level 21: Prescient Resurgence
Level 22: Vistani Foresight
Level 24: Epic Fortitude
Level 26: Epic Reflexes
Level 28: Shield Proficiency: Heavy
Level 30: Armor Specialization (Scale)

POWERS
Bard at-will 1: Vicious Mockery
Bard at-will 1: Guiding Strike
Bard encounter 1: Blunder
Bard daily 1: Stirring Shout
Bard utility 2: Anticipate Maneuver
Bard encounter 3: Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade
Bard daily 5: Compulsion
Bard utility 6: Chord of Resilience
Bard encounter 7: Unluck
Bard daily 9: Counterpoint
Bard utility 10: Chant of Accuracy
Bard encounter 13: Sharp Retort (replaces Blunder)
Bard daily 15: Whispers of the Dream King (replaces Stirring Shout)
Bard utility 16: Insightful Riposte
Bard encounter 17: Balance of Fortune (replaces Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade)
Bard daily 19: Satire of Prowess (replaces Counterpoint)
Bard utility 22: Cherub's Song
Bard encounter 23: Reverberating Shot (replaces Unluck)
Bard daily 25: Virtuoso of Misfortune (replaces Compulsion)
Bard daily 29: Arrow of Destiny (replaces Satire of Prowess)

ITEMS

Distance Accurate dagger +6
Boots of Quickness (paragon tier)
Eye of Awareness (epic tier)
Belt of Vim (paragon tier)
Shadow Band (epic tier)
Golden Ring of Teros (epic tier)
Many-Fingered Gloves (paragon tier)
Ring of Free Time (epic tier)
Stone of Wind (paragon tier)
Dice of Auspicious Fortune (paragon tier)
Cloak of Distortion +6
Shield of Ultimate Protection Heavy Shield (epic tier)
Veteran's Elderscale Armor +6

Impliment attacks: +36 with CA
Weapon Attacks: +38 with CA

Michael Buffer has several different options to buff these numbers even higher if the case warrants it.
Reserved for Rumbling

Less Fumble more Rumble

Ok you may post.
Ok, right off the bat.

Arcane impliment proficency -> MC Swordmage.  Straight upgrade. Edit: not enough Int, but MC sorcerer would do the same.

Also, i'm tempted to tell you to use a githyanki silver longsword (or drow heavy blade) instead of a dagger, so you get Psy-lock every time.

5e houserules and tweaks.

Celestial Link Evoking Radiance into Creation

A Party Without Music is Lame: A Bard

Level Dip Guide

4e stuff

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Ok, right off the bat.

Arcane impliment proficency -> MC Swordmage.  Straight upgrade. Edit: not enough Int

Also, i'm tempted to tell you to use a githyanki silver longsword (or drow heavy blade) instead of a dagger, so you get Psy-lock every time.

Hehe ya you beat me to the no INT, I need the Warlord for Legendary Sovereign but I could have done both I suppose if i had the INT. 

I kind of need the Distant Weapon.  I guess I could alternate between the two, but ya trust me I debated over the Githyanki Silver Weapon.  I rationalized that Psilock wasn't my main De-buff mechanic and would only be used primarily when I'm spamming At Wills.

I will look into the MC Sorcerer.  Thanks dude.

EDIT: Ya your right, might as well pick up the Feat support and free DR (even tho not choosing any Sorc feats).  Good looking out.

Looks interesting, can't wait to get more info about the build as you continue to flesh out the write up. I am not as familar with the bard as other classes so can't comment to much off the top of my head, but I will be looking into it more closely.

Michael Buffer is Cry.

Now he is Michael "Bumper"

Very nice MC, you're always a source of inspiration.

I'm redoing that old Rogue concept from back when I was gonna be in your game, although I went a slightly different route. I think I've got something decent now.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Sign In to post comments