Webcomic: Scarred

134 posts / 0 new
Last post

Behold children! The continuing adventure of Koth and his magic rocks!
As always, drop your ideas, comments, and thoughts all around in this thread.

Well, immediately I look at the art and... I feel underwhelmed. The technique is interesting, but the linework really suffers for their experimentation. It does sort of remind me of some of the french comics from twenty or thirty years ago, but I'm not sure if that's a look that Magic should really be striving for.

The narration is pretty decent to start with, though Mirrodin's description is... kind of needlessly cheesy "Koth feels at home with the metallic tang in the air, etc." Just doesn't work for me.

HA! Elspeth getting down to business, putting the boys in their place. Also, shut up Venser. (I know I'll be saying that a lot)

Okay, BLOOOOOOOOOOOAR has to be among the most amusing sound effects I have run across. Never mind, I scrolled down and found the mighty PUM. Oh lord this is funny. At this point, I can honestly say the art is getting to be more about brushwork than sequential exposition, and it really doesn't work. Aside from that, the colors are poor, and the palette is really dull.

And then... AND THEN! ELSPETH RUNS AWAY!? Are you kidding me!? Did she learn NOTHING!?!

THe art is really washed out to me.

Venser still seems, boring. Koth is back to being a poet, and is so easily forgiven. Elspeth kicking butt like never...oh wait there's the Elspeth I remember. Shame I was hoping she'd be kicking butt. We'll see where all this is going, but none of them impressed me, well other than Elspeth in the first half.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
Art is muddy and dull. Difficult to follow action at times. Bad guys all look identical. Why does it feel like I'm reviewing X-Force?

At least the storyline is decent. Predictable, but that's fine. It does what it needs to well enough. Venser's lines are bad, but there's always the possibility that's on purpose.

I don't believe Elspeth is really going to run away. It's just an end-of-comic cliffhanger that will be reversed in the next comic. It happens too often in comics.
Evil doesn't always triumph. - Ajani Goldmane

Is my memeory fading.... i don't recall Karn ever taking Venser to Mirrodin. (Maybe i've just repressed most of Time spiral).

The art's a bit odd, and Koth looks completely different yet again, but otherwise it's fine.

I was hoping we'd get a hint at Karn since they brought him up (randomly) in the first couple of pages. (Well technically Memnarch transformed the lastcape and should get credit for making Mirrodin look awesome, not Karn).

~~~~~~~~~~

Elspeth kind of saddens me. We don't have all that many female planeswalkers, it would be nice if the ones we had didn't spazz out every time something happens.

* Yeah i get it's part of her character developement, but really? She gets covered in Nim guts and gets a flashback? I now understand why she picked Bant to live in.

… and then, the squirrels came.

I don't believe Elspeth is really going to run away. It's just an end-of-comic cliffhanger that will be reversed in the next comic. It happens too often in comics.

Well pretty much everyone expects that, but I just can't believe they'd leave it at that. I mean damn, that girl just had such major emotional switch in the SAME COMIC that she should suffer whiplash.
I just realised - no thought bubbles! Perhaps someone's been listening to me. Cool  Instead of Elpeth thinking 'Oh, no, this is like my homeworld all over again! I must run away!', we have Venser's speechbubble fading out to an image of Elspeth chained in her cell. Well done. I applaud this.
Evil doesn't always triumph. - Ajani Goldmane

Well pretty much everyone expects that, but I just can't believe they'd leave it at that. I mean damn, that girl just had such major emotional switch in the SAME COMIC that she should suffer whiplash.

Hey, so did Venser.

I don't wanna be here, I don't wanna be here, I'm being held hostage, eh bad guys? ok, I'm in.

Things I wanna see:
Elspeth comes back with holy vengeance
Tezzeret and Karn
Venser kill a guy by teleporting half of that creature elsewhere.
New Planeswalker?

I have no problems, I could just use a bit of time.
I think something is wrong... why can't I find this webcomic? Gathering Forces is the last one on the webcomics part of the Wizards site. Where are all of you finding this? I cleared my cache and that didn't help.

Will somebody post a link, pretty please?
Please note: unless I'm trying to be sarcastic or humorous, most of my posts are very literal. Don't try to "read between the lines" because there is usually nothing there. I try not to imply anything when I write.
I think something is wrong... why can't I find this webcomic? Gathering Forces is the last one on the webcomics part of the Wizards site. Where are all of you finding this? I cleared my cache and that didn't help.

Will somebody post a link, pretty please?

Its on the front page, but here:
www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.a...
I have no problems, I could just use a bit of time.
Thank you. I have the column archive and forums bookmarked, but I don't think I've ever seen "Daily MTG."

I don't like the art style -- Venser and Koth's faces are difficult to tell apart, despite the fact that one's a Vulshok.

It surprised me to see Venser mention he's been here before, I thought that in the previous comic he mentioned that he "always wanted" to visit Mirrodin. But he must have, or he wouldn't know where it is precisely enough to get there (except arriving randomly, by accident). He must have visited during Time Spiral block, after Fifth Dawn and therefore after the "Vanishing."

Elspeth running again (or planning to) is disappointing but remember, she's been horrifically traumatized at a young age by Phyrexians (I can't imagine them keeping her as a live prisoner except to experiment on her), and I doubt she ever got counselling. I think she deserves a little break and some time to get her stuff together.

Venser's turnaround is a bit weird, but it would make sense if he rephrased it to something more like "OK, if Phyrexians really are polluting Karn's world then I will help you drive them out, but only on my own terms. No more abduction or strangling."

I like how Venser uses his teleportation in battle.

Looking farward to Venser telling Koth he knew Karn, and seeing Koth's reaction.

Things I wanna see:

Elspeth comes back with holy vengeance
Tezzeret and Karn
Venser kill a guy by teleporting half of that creature elsewhere.
New Planeswalker?

I want to see Elspeth finally get her courage up and chop some Phyrexians in little pieces. Venser teleporting Phyrexians in half would be awesome. And I, too, am eager to see Tezzeret and Karn, though I suspect the latter meeting will be saved for the novel. And I'm not really expecting yet another planeswalker so soon.

It's good to get more of the story. Even though I want Phyrexia to win for the sake of future story potential, seeing the planeswalkers kicking their repulsive, oily cyborg butts would be so satisfying.

Please note: unless I'm trying to be sarcastic or humorous, most of my posts are very literal. Don't try to "read between the lines" because there is usually nothing there. I try not to imply anything when I write.
Page two where they are walking on the first panel I feel perfectly exemplifies the differences in attitudes between Red and White/Blue. Knowing how Koth recruited Venser and reading that panel made me giddy. Everything about it, from the stance each takes walking, to the color scheme is perfectly in tune with the contrast that is the attitudes of Red and White/Blue.
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.
I like that Koth waxes poetic sometimes. It shows off a little of a face of Red that isn't frequently explored: the artistic side, as opposed to the violent and elemental sides.
I enjoyed the fight scene (PUM).
The art doesn't bother me that much, since I'm more of a word-guy and not really a pictures-guy.
And if Elspeth really is going to run away, I'm going to be really, really dissapointed.

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

didnt like it to be honest. art is not my style. koth is ok but venser and elspeth is just boring. moreover the story does not say anything.
How does Venser know it's called the Mephidross?
I guess we must assume that sometime during Time Spiral, Karn not only took him there but gave him enough of a tour to meet some of the non-Vanished Mirrans, and to find out it's called Mirrodin now instead of Argentum.
erdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">4 Stars
Karn was an excellent guide.
I appreciated how he moved briskly across the surface of Argentum, (Now Mirrodin, he's up to date on the tour too!) and was very informative on my tour.
I definitely recommend Karn as a tour guide and would love to have him be my guide again.

- Venser

I really hope we're going to get a surprise out of Elspeth, I really, really do.  before fighting the nim, she was eager to exterminate the phyrexian taint.  I hardly think she means she's leaving the plane.

The more I think about it, the more I think Arcades might be onto something about Elspeth.  we know
1) Her home is/was controlled by the Phyrexians
2) Elspeth is alive
3) Elspeth was held prisoner by the phyrexians until she escaped via planeswalk.
The big problem with this is that Phyrexians don't take prisoners.  Phyrexian minions like Volrath?  maybe, but even then look how Tahngarth came out of a brief captivity at the hands of the Evincar.  In flashbacks, we've seen her held in a big, lonely cell by a simple ankle chain, looking scared and dressed in rags (or not at all, last page of this comic), but otherwise healthy when the other people around her looked like zombies.  Twice, in different flashbacks, we see shots of a terrifying, complex machine that looks something like a boiler.  She's being led to it, for some reason.
The more I think about it, the more I think Elspeth is a new breed of sleeper agent: a normal human (well, a human with the planeswalker spark), at least partially compleated, but with no evidence of compleation above the skin.
If you think about it, it makes sense.  in the old days the Phyrexians tried to make their own kind more human, and while Kerrick was a rousing success, Xantcha was probably only unique in that she got away, and I think it was established that a phyrexian newt could NEVER have the planeswalker spark.  But work from the other end, and make a human more phyrexian instead of a phyrexian more human?  then they can get the spark.
Elspeth focused interestingly on being covered in ichor, and it caused her to flashback.  It's possible that she's a failure, like Xantcha, but the nature of the corruption on mirrodin is messing with her head.
In older comics, she expresses the opinion that somethign is only pure once, and can never be made whole once it's corrupted... it would make sense if she knew it from personal experience: she was a little human girl once, but now there's phyrexian taint lurking just under her skin, waiting to get out.
Now, if I'm right and Elspeth has already undergone compleation (at least partially), there are two ways that she could go with this
1) Elspeth's Phyrexian-ness puts her in tune with the Mirrodin taint, but she manages to retain her self.  in this way, Elspeth is able to turn the tables on the Phyrexians: probably be ignored as not a threat by rank and file.  Possibly reach Karn.  It might cost her what she has in the way of outward humanity, but she keeps a human heart, ending up like Xantcha (Or the Dalek Sec hybrid, for you Doctor Who fans out there)
2) Elspeth's phyrexian-ness makes her suceptable to corruption when the other planeswalkers aren't.  remember, Karn's spark supposedly protected him.  the more they interact with Phyrexia, the more Elspeth's inner humanity slips through her fingers until, by the end of the arc, she seems thuroughly corrupted.  Elspeth starts looking a lot like Planeshift/Apocalypse Urza (Or perhaps Professor Yana, to use a Doctor Who comparison again)

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

I really hope we're going to get a surprise out of Elspeth, I really, really do.  before fighting the nim, she was eager to exterminate the phyrexian taint.  I hardly think she means she's leaving the plane.

The more I think about it, the more I think Arcades might be onto something about Elspeth.  we know
1) Her home is/was controlled by the Phyrexians
2) Elspeth is alive
3) Elspeth was held prisoner by the phyrexians until she escaped via planeswalk.
The big problem with this is that Phyrexians don't take prisoners.  Phyrexian minions like Volrath?  maybe, but even then look how Tahngarth came out of a brief captivity at the hands of the Evincar.  In flashbacks, we've seen her held in a big, lonely cell by a simple ankle chain, looking scared and dressed in rags (or not at all, last page of this comic), but otherwise healthy when the other people around her looked like zombies.  Twice, in different flashbacks, we see shots of a terrifying, complex machine that looks something like a boiler.  She's being led to it, for some reason.
The more I think about it, the more I think Elspeth is a new breed of sleeper agent: a normal human (well, a human with the planeswalker spark), at least partially compleated, but with no evidence of compleation above the skin.
If you think about it, it makes sense.  in the old days the Phyrexians tried to make their own kind more human, and while Kerrick was a rousing success, Xantcha was probably only unique in that she got away, and I think it was established that a phyrexian newt could NEVER have the planeswalker spark.  But work from the other end, and make a human more phyrexian instead of a phyrexian more human?  then they can get the spark.
Elspeth focused interestingly on being covered in ichor, and it caused her to flashback.  It's possible that she's a failure, like Xantcha, but the nature of the corruption on mirrodin is messing with her head.
In older comics, she expresses the opinion that somethign is only pure once, and can never be made whole once it's corrupted... it would make sense if she knew it from personal experience: she was a little human girl once, but now there's phyrexian taint lurking just under her skin, waiting to get out.
Now, if I'm right and Elspeth has already undergone compleation (at least partially), there are two ways that she could go with this
1) Elspeth's Phyrexian-ness puts her in tune with the Mirrodin taint, but she manages to retain her self.  in this way, Elspeth is able to turn the tables on the Phyrexians: probably be ignored as not a threat by rank and file.  Possibly reach Karn.  It might cost her what she has in the way of outward humanity, but she keeps a human heart, ending up like Xantcha (Or the Dalek Sec hybrid, for you Doctor Who fans out there)
2) Elspeth's phyrexian-ness makes her suceptable to corruption when the other planeswalkers aren't.  remember, Karn's spark supposedly protected him.  the more they interact with Phyrexia, the more Elspeth's inner humanity slips through her fingers until, by the end of the arc, she seems thuroughly corrupted.  Elspeth starts looking a lot like Planeshift/Apocalypse Urza (Or perhaps Professor Yana, to use a Doctor Who comparison again)

That be crazy talk.

oh, yeah, totally insane.  I admit it's a Wild Mass Guessing level theory.  most likeley Elspeth's backstory involves being alive and mostly intact as a child in phyrexian custody for no apparent reason, resulting in major psychological trauma.

And i'm not being sarcastic there.  I know it sounds like it, but I'm really not: Elspeth probably is what she appears to be, not what I speculated she is last post.

Still, I think it would be interesting.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

Szat, you know what happens to those who Wild Mass Guess around here. Just ask Keeper's twisted broken form.

... but you admit it... so I'll spare you the torture. But you're on notice!
*puts on Stephen Colbert-esque glasses*
Elspeth has a Phyrexian passport but because military service is still compulsory in Phyrexia, she has to join the amy if they figure out she is in Mirrodin. This is why she wants to get out.
you're on notice!

Hey Colbert, why is Phyrexia not one of the topics?

Anyway, when I suggest she was experimented upon by Phyrexians trying to learn more about organic life, I'm also grasping at straws. Creative wanted Elspeth to have this traumatic Phyrexian backstory, but it appears as if it wasn't thought through in detail. Phyrexians have taken live prisoners in the past and altered them without their knowing or outwardly showing it (Selenia), but Selenia and Xantcha were at least black. However, we could suppose that on every plane infected with the oil, the new Phyrexian generations turn out with somewhat different behavior from their "ancestors." Still, Phyrexians on Mirrodin don't take prisoners without at least infecting them.

Ultimately, I think it would have made more sense if she was not a prisoner but one of a community of Vithian analogues, hold-out rebels on a plane almost wholly colonized, her spark flaring when the horrors killed or compleated her family and then (her family?) came for her. Plenty traumatizing, but less bizarre.
The nice thing about Szat's idea is that it's informed speculation rather than just "She has tentacles... she's an Eldrazi!" And it's actually a path that would be interesting to explore. I wouldn't mind that sort of twist. Do I expect it? Not really. I've decided to just be pessimistic about the storyline. It's much easier to occasionally have pleasant surprises than to frequently be disappointed.

GLOOOOOOOM.

That said, they're clearly learning what they're doing with the Comics medium, although they still can't shut up for two panels and let the art do the talking. (Although, this is another one where I like the art itself but I can't help but feel that it doesn't work as comic art... it's too much itself, and doesn't work as a unified whole with the text.) And really... this isn't a webcomic. It's a print comic that they're putting on the web in advance. Maybe if it took some sort of advantage from it's place on The Internet I could call it that, but... it's just a print comic that they put online. [grumble grumble]

And what I'm really saying with all of this is that I don't have anything in particular to say about this episode because I really need to see it as a completed work to judge, but I'm an opinionated blow-hard and I can't pass up the opportunity to blather.

Magic: The Blathering.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
I'm an opinionated blow-hard and I can't pass up the opportunity to blather.

She's clearly afraid.
Her home world was taken over by a dark presence, spark ignites, leaves.
Bant attacked by a dark presence, flees.

Weird world she goes to with Venser has a dark presence, she wants to peace out.

Makes sense to me.
Hmmm... did Elspeth say she's covered in "ichor"?

If that's Phyrexian oil on her (not sure if those nim were Contagious Nim or the regular sort) then there's one thing Koth can say to her that ought to stop her in her tracks:

"Elspeth, you can't leave Mirrodin now. You have the oil on you, you'll spread it to whatever plane you planeswalk to, and infect that plane as well. You must stay, until we can find a way to purify Mirrodin." (Or purify her, if Koth thinks there's a possibility.)

No idea if that'll happen, though. If it did, I'd expect (read: hope) Venser to be doubly angry at Koth for abducting him and not warning him of this oil issue.
Yeah, no clue.

I'm an opinionated blow-hard and I can't pass up the opportunity to blather.

She's clearly afraid.
Her home world was taken over by a dark presence, spark ignites, leaves.
Bant attacked by a dark presence, flees.

Weird world she goes to with Venser has a dark presence, she wants to peace out.

Makes sense to me.

Um...except last story she knew she was going to mirrodin, because Koth told her. And she was hanging with Koth because she recognized the mark he put on his arm, and was told phyrexia was taking over. She knew what she was getting into.

And we aren't haters: We're just disappointed that it looked like she was making some growth as a character and now seems to be back pedaling. Will she? Probably not. I'm expecting her to step up soon. It's just a back slide that I would have rather seen, but we may get good character drama out of it.

IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
Elspeth won't really back out; she's just undergoing DRAMA. Like Jedi said, she knew what she was getting into every step of the way. Seeing it with her own eyes just made her queasy. Besides, she still has to fight Tezzeret for some reason.

Fiber, where do you get all these obscure Hater jokes?
"The truth resists simplicity."
Some memorable quotes
57461258 wrote:
I know, as a good liberal scholar, that I'm supposed to respect every other belief and culture and what have you that comes along but... at the end of the day, when all is said and done, some things are just plain wrong.
92481331 wrote:
Venser "Ah, Hello Myr. This is the King. Long Time no see. We thought today would be a good day for rolling. The Myr Battlesphere. The Myr. Where the first rolls and the second follows. Roll, roll, roll. For that purpose we went to the bother, the bother of fixing up Mirrodin. The King of the Multiverse going to the bother just for rolling a Myr Battlephere, just for that, we went to the bother."
92126575 wrote:
Heard a joke once: Mare goes to doctor. Says she's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says she feels all alone in a threatening world where even ponies you thought were your friends can't be trusted. Doctor says "Treatment is simple. Go to one of Pinkie Pie's great parties tonight. Party hard. That should pick you up." Mare bursts into tears. Says "But, doctor...I am Pinkie Pie." Good joke. Everypony laughs. Roll on snare drum. Curtains. Fade to black.
69511863 wrote:
Sure, "the average person" might go see Transformers 3 if s/he wants a good story, but that doesn't stop people from making decent movies. Hell, they even managed to make Batman into a respectable movie. "The average" person might like American Idol or Jersey Shore, but people still made The Wire.
57722938 wrote:
I think the people who would sit down and listen to a minstrel reciting Homer, or thought that novels were art, or read poetry were always a minority. It's a common viewpoint that art was better in the past because everyone's forgotten the bad stuff, while we haven't had time to forget the awful stuff that is current.
56738148 wrote:
For almost all Magic fans, the "story" of Ravnica, for example, is that it's a city world with ten guilds -- yes, for most, that's a "story." All but a tiny fraction of the fan base are entirely unaware of an elaborate plot perpetrated by Augustin IV to trick Agrus Kos and Szadek into breaking the Guildpact, thereby enabling the Azorius to take control. Likewise, the vast majority of Magic players don't know who Harbin is, or Nivea, or Al-Hayat, or Feather, or Jared Carthalion, or Rebbec, or Zagorka ... the list goes on and on.
57916198 wrote:
I'm pulling this out of nowhere and it has nothing like fact attached to it, but it cannot be disproven without breaking the fourth wall, and this is going to be my headcanon because it makes perfect sense. I posit [Tamiyo, the Moon Sage] writes the Planeswalker's Guides to planes.
And one more thing...
CANON is the collected events and details of a fictional work that come directly from its author or someone with equal authority to the author. CANNON is a weapon that fires metal balls at a target, usually a structure or a crowd of enemy combatants. Every time you confuse the two, I'm forced to break one of my own fingers.
@Everyone:That was the worst thing that I have ever seen! MtG guys went racist again! Everyone looked white, when Koth was clearly made to at least look black! OMG Do NOT get me started on the horrendeous artwork! I wish that they had some originality left in them, instead of greed. Yes, yes, I know. I will be crucified for saying this stuff, but the only original thing I have seen from MtG recently is the Savor the Flavor columns by Doug Beyer! Mirrodin is pretty cool and all, and Phyrexia was a boss in Dominaria. They went well together in the early stages, and even now, the assault is great, but all of the small details are being sucked dry of emotion and originality. I do appreciate that they at least TRIED to make Koth sound poetic (Displaying what someone said was the rarely seen Artisic side of :r, but they just murdered it! I mean, the sound effects were terrible/hilarious, the actual dialogue(VENSER!!!!) is terrible, and I will not get into the artwork. I am disappointed with them.

(MtG, You are grounded! Go to your room and think about what you have done!)
http://community.wizards.com/thesecretplace If you want to know true power, come to the city. We will show you the way. Insomnium-At the Gates of Sleep. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-6YTW427Io&feature=related
erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:9px; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none">erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none" href="http://abmp3.com/download/7360065-mp3.html" rel="nofollow">Gorillaz - Feel good inc.
erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:9px; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none">
erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:9px; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none">Powered by erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:9px; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:underline" href="http://abmp3.com" rel="nofollow">abmp3 search engine
erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none">erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none" href="http://abmp3.com/download/1808424-track-6.html" rel="nofollow">DETHKLOK - The Dethalbum - Track 6
erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none">
erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none">Found at erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:underline" href="http://abmp3.com" rel="nofollow">abmp3 search engine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nPeTfeFALk&NR=1
@Fiber: You rock!
http://community.wizards.com/thesecretplace If you want to know true power, come to the city. We will show you the way. Insomnium-At the Gates of Sleep. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-6YTW427Io&feature=related
erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:9px; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none">erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none" href="http://abmp3.com/download/7360065-mp3.html" rel="nofollow">Gorillaz - Feel good inc.
erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:9px; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none">
erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:9px; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none">Powered by erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:9px; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:underline" href="http://abmp3.com" rel="nofollow">abmp3 search engine
erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none">erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none" href="http://abmp3.com/download/1808424-track-6.html" rel="nofollow">DETHKLOK - The Dethalbum - Track 6
erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none">
erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none">Found at erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:underline" href="http://abmp3.com" rel="nofollow">abmp3 search engine
I mean, the sound effects were terrible/hilarious

What, BLLOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR doesn't fill you with gut-churning terror of the living dead?

I think that *Teehee* in tiny letters fills me with more dread(especially if it comes from the undead) then "BLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!" I would even feel better about it if it had a GGGGG at the end of it.

That is quite possibly the nerdiest, most awesome Haters image ever. Kudos, sir.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

Fiber, where do you get all these obscure Hater jokes?

Haters gonna hate is one of the internet's oldest memes.

As anonymity rises, fringe opinions are able to bubble to the surface. The most common visceral reaction is distaste, and to a degree, hatred.

And Vorthos is a hater. He doesn't like most things.
It's on the wall at WotC.

Vorthos: Hater. Will hate at any opportunity. Also hates America.

Not sure where I've found things. I went to college and we were all on message boards for different communities? I'm clever? Muppets kick ass? Dunno.. 
Right, wanting good flavor makes you a hater. Riiiiight.

(Granted, I AM a hater, but that doesn't mean the two are connected... And I AM gonna hate! Foshizzle. Or. Something.)

Emrakulpunk, I might be inclined to agree with you if I could make sense of half of what you're saying. How is this comic racist? As far as I can see, the artist is simply working with a medium choice that doesn't allow for a massive range of brown tones, and is using a fairly desaturated pallet on top of that. Even with that, I don't see any evidence of whitewashing in the art of this comic. Where are you getting this from?

And uh, I'm trying to figure out how this is unoriginal, but I'm also baffled as to how Savor the Flavor can be held as a paragon of creative success, so it's possible I'm just not getting any aspect of your perspective on this.

Incidentally, I just re-read the comic ignoring the text. As usual, it was noticeably better. I recommend giving it a try.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
I did that.It made it worlds better, lol. The racist point is just something I noticed about most every set(How everyone was white), but remembered that one Africa based set. Anywho, unoriginality because they are not gonna lean towards the Elspeth being altered unless they have some serious motivation, such as a smart guy. Not saying that they are stupid up there. Just to used to watching Smallville and crap like that, where the good guys always win. I am unsure of the medium he used, so I do apologize for not recognizing the lack of saturation. I do, however, notice the lack of consistency. Guy did not get the faces right from one moment to the next.
Yeah, it bugs me how elves, goblins, viashino, and leonin can differ so much from world to world that they often look like multiple separate species, but humans don't even have as much racial diversity as real humans on Earth. Jamuraa and Urborg are the only places in the Multiverse where humans aren't identically light-skinned.
Forget not Rabiah.
I absolutely agree with you that divesity is not Magic's strong suit, whether it comes to gender, race, sexuality, or whatever. I don't really see what the problem is here, though.
Sign In to post comments