Monster stats: Killer cars!

24 posts / 0 new
Last post

KILLER CARS!

“Beep beep!”

No one knows what evil intelligences possessed these seemingly normal Ancient vehicles, but everyone on the roads of Gamma Terra fears the deadly hum of their malevolent engines. Stats for three killer cars here: compact cars (level 4 skirmishers), SUVs (level 5 soldiers), and Fire-Belching, Car-Devouring Monster Truck!!!s (level 6 brutes).

Download the killer cars here! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

Inspired by a twitter discussion with @battlejack.

Update: Here's a bonus monster, an elite killer car:

Download the Knave Automotives 9000

Gamma World Downloads: Character sheets, GM screen, adventures, monsters, house rules, cards, and more! You can usually find my posts at the Gamma World forum.
I will be adding these to my GW Monster Manual!

(but the figures.....[sigh])
Guess we'll have to hunt through our kids' matchbox collections for these awesome add
Thanks Oraibi.  Your contribution is appreciated.  I would make the monster truck huge.
I thought about that but the problem is that huge creatures are really hard to deal with, logistically speaking. They're not as fun as you might expect, and in fact are kind of anti-fun compared to large creatures.

Feel free to make them huge if you use them, though!
Gamma World Downloads: Character sheets, GM screen, adventures, monsters, house rules, cards, and more! You can usually find my posts at the Gamma World forum.
Oraibi - I was trying to work out how to stat a sentient monster truck at work literally 4 hours ago. Thanks to you, my prescient / telepathic friend, I no longer have to do the math... just print out and play. Thanks!
Encounters DM, Season 4 & Season 5 - Amorous Armadillo Game Shoppe - Oviedo, FL
I thought about that but the problem is that huge creatures are really hard to deal with, logistically speaking. They're not as fun as you might expect, and in fact are kind of anti-fun compared to large creatures.

I disagree.  Used sparingly they are quite fun.

Done.  Thanks for the great ideas and sharing.
Hey thanks! My group is just About done with the adventure in the book and I'm gonna run FIFG next. This will give'em something to do on the way up there besides look at all the pretty radiation scared trees.
Just updated the post to include K.A.N.T., a well-spoken psychotic elite killer car.
Have them transform and you'll have a whole other game again :P
So could K.a.n.t. be allied with an evil human Knight of Genetic purity named Michael?

Michael the Knight," K.A.N.T., clear those mutants off the road!"

"Yes, Michael."
Have them transform and you'll have a whole other game again :P

I rolled a Shapeshifter/Wheeled the other day ... does that count? Laughing

Also, should K.A.N.T.'s Elite Action ability really be an at-will? He gets to use two of his already crazy attacks or moves every turn? That seems pretty mean to me ... although totally within the "everything wants to kill you really badly" spirit of Gamma World.

Also, should K.A.N.T.'s Elite Action ability really be an at-will? He gets to use two of his already crazy attacks or moves every turn? That seems pretty mean to me ... although totally within the "everything wants to kill you really badly" spirit of Gamma World.

Oh, no that's a typo, probably from the Monster Builder. I'll fix that. It should be an Encounter power.

Update: Yeah, fixed that now. I'll update the version in the compilation soon too.

KANT - A detractor of absolute beauty with a penchant for Maximum Overdrive....

LOL!
rather than be self-willed entities, I like the idea of Killer Cars being the host/shells of giant trans-dimensional Gastropods (i.e. snails)... get it GAStropods.... (car shell body, with a slug interior...)
Aw, the first joke was so good, and then the second joke came along and killed it... Tongue out
I will be yoinking the idea of the cars being giant slugs, though.  Fantastic.
I understand ChaoticGood... once you have to explain the comedy you lose the joke... but that's OK.

I felt like I had to explaing the concept in greater detail.

But these ideas are constantly mutating.
but wait... there was only one joke (pun) to begin with... what did you read as the second joke? Just curious...  (I may have inadvertantly created two jokes without realizing it....)
Yoinking: the process of acquiring an idea in order to facilitate its mutation.
First joke... (brilliant!)

Second joke... (boo!)

I like the idea of Killer Cars being the host/shells of giant trans-dimensional Gastropods (i.e. snails)... get it GAStropods

Third joke...

But these ideas are constantly mutating.

I see what you did you there... You're a sly one. Cool

Very nice, whole new meaning to Monster Truck going on in my head.

Stupid question: how do you get the monster blocks to look like the ones Wizards uses?

Did you use the Monster Builder?

I can't, alas, because it's PC only.

I can't, alas, because it's PC only.

Not for long!