Famine in Far-Go: Death Saucer Token

35 posts / 0 new
Last post

I made a token for the monster. It should print out at 4x4. Use cardstock and/or glue it to something.

Enjoy!
astralArchivist.com - 4e D&D house rules, homebrew, and story hours - now featuring ENWorld's Zeitgeist adventure path! Will Thibault is a winged, feathered serpent rarely found anywhere except in warm, jungle-like regions or flying through the ether. Due to his intelligence and powers he is regarded with awe by the inhabitants of his homelands and is considered to be divine.
Greatly awesome, thank you
Very awesome! I'm almost certain to use this. I don't suppose, however, that there's a chance of getting a reverse-side bloodied version of the token?

Ask and ye shall recieve.
astralArchivist.com - 4e D&D house rules, homebrew, and story hours - now featuring ENWorld's Zeitgeist adventure path! Will Thibault is a winged, feathered serpent rarely found anywhere except in warm, jungle-like regions or flying through the ether. Due to his intelligence and powers he is regarded with awe by the inhabitants of his homelands and is considered to be divine.
Nicely chosen artwork, as well.  

It's really too bad the actual mini is only large. 
Yeah, inorite. Monsterpocalypse is fun, I just wish more people around here played. Then I could justify investing in it.

Finding a good-sized version of that artwork was hard, though. And by hard I mean took a little longer than a google image search normally takes. 
Yeah, inorite. Monsterpocalypse is fun, I just wish more people around here played. Then I could justify investing in it.

Agreed.  As evidenced by this very forum, the word "collectible" is often a dirty word.

I've used quite a few on my figs as D&D monsters before, but their bases are just slightly larger than 2x2, which makes multiple creatures on the same map slightly annoying.

Maybe the movie will pump some interest into it.

Nicely chosen artwork, as well.  

It's really too bad the actual mini is only large. 

I ordered the mini (getting the Alpha and Hyper form together), and was disappointed that they're only large. It was very difficult to find reference photos that would show their proper size. They were only $6 for the pair, though, so not so much. I think I might just use them as Death Machines instead, and use this token for the Death Saucer.
Notably, there's TONS of minis in Monsterpocalypse that seem appropriate for Gamma Terra, so I'll just link the gallery in case.

The presence of hyper forms just screams "MULTI-STAGE SOLO BATTLE" to me.   
The presence of hyper forms just screams "MULTI-STAGE SOLO BATTLE" to me.   

Definitely!

I also ordered two Vice Pincers, to stand in for orange herps, and I was hoping that the Chompers would be large enough to use as Seps, but unfortunately no (again, problem with lack of size references). They can easily be Sep whelps, though... just need to get something for the Sep itself. Bulette would work fine, but they're a bit pricey.
I was hoping that the Chompers would be large enough to use as Seps, but unfortunately no (again, problem with lack of size references). They can easily be Sep whelps, though... just need to get something for the Sep itself. Bulette would work fine, but they're a bit pricey.

Interestingly: the original (suitably sized) plastic toy used by Gary Gygax as a Bulette/Sep is still being sold (in Rite-Aid) in an ironically named "Realistic Dinosaurs" playset. The set also contains a Roc and a Dragon. Unfortunately, the creature Gygax used as a rust monster is no longer part of the set.

Some other options include Star Wars Houjix and the 1Monk Landshark paper model.

I also ordered two Vice Pincers, to stand in for orange herps, and I was hoping that the Chompers would be large enough to use as Seps, but unfortunately no (again, problem with lack of size references). They can easily be Sep whelps, though... just need to get something for the Sep itself. Bulette would work fine, but they're a bit pricey.

My vote for Soul Besh is the Monsterpocalypse Dire Ant:

For Orb, the Squix:

For Terl, the Psi-Eel (with some wings added):

Interestingly: the original (suitably sized) plastic toy used by Gary Gygax as a Bulette/Sep is still being sold (in Rite-Aid) in an ironically named "Realistic Dinosaurs" playset. The set also contains a Roc and a Dragon. Unfortunately, the creature Gygax used as a rust monster is no longer part of the set.

Really? Cool. I've been wondering about those old toys lately. I'll have a look next time I'm in a Rite-Aid.

My vote for Soul Besh is the Monsterpocalypse Dire Ant:

Yeah, I'd considered that one.

For Orb, the Squix:

I bought two of those, expressly for that purpose.

For Terl, the Psi-Eel (with some wings added):

Oh! I hadn't thought of that one. Nice. I even have plastic wings from a cheap set of plastic bugs I bought.

Returning to the topic of the thread, though (Yeah, I know, I caused the drift, but I'll try to fix it now. heh)...

I don't think there are any miniatures that can properly represent the death saucer, but there are some models.

www.amazon.com/Triangular-Gravity-Atlant...
This one would be around 4.5 inches wide, which would work nicely if mounted on a 4" base.

www.amazon.com/Flying-Saucer-Model-Atlan...
Peronally I like this one, though. It's about 3" wide, which you could still put on a 4" base to bring it up to gargantuan without it looking weird.

www.amazon.com/Pegasus-Hobby-9100-Area-5...
This one is really nice, but it's too big... about 8" in diameter. Honestly, though, given the scale of the saucer on the maps in FiFG, it might work the best. I'm working under the assumption that the death saucer is the saucer that the visitors are on, which is crashed, but I might be wrong about that.

The death saucer doesn't actually make an appearance in FIFG - the stats are just there for GM use. Plus, Gargantuan is technically 4x4 or LARGER. Give it a base and you're good to go.

I just might buy two of those - mount one on a six-inch pole colored green, and do the second one up as if it had crashed, for bloodied and non-bloodied.
The death saucer doesn't actually make an appearance in FIFG - the stats are just there for GM use.

Thanks for the clarification there. I'd skimmed through the adventure, but I didn't look close enough to tell if the saucer was used in one of the encounters.

Plus, Gargantuan is technically 4x4 or LARGER. Give it a base and you're good to go.

There's Colossal at 6x6, though. There's only one miniature that size, though, and very few monsters, so it would still be very easy to just hand-wave it and go with the 8" saucer anyway.

I just might buy two of those - mount one on a six-inch pole colored green, and do the second one up as if it had crashed, for bloodied and non-bloodied.

That's a cool idea.
There's no colossal in 4e, so if you want your gargantuan space ship to be 6x6 or 8x8, it is.
Oh, did they remove colossal? Well, that explains it then. heh. Thanks.
Siberys, Your Token is awesome. I will be using it for sure. Have you thought of making any others? If I may I request a token for Ghengis Tangh, the warthog porker in a space suit. He was the main villian in the Games Day adventure Trouble in Freesboro.

I ask for selfish reasons slightly, because of my plan to run the Games Day adventure at my local shop in Feb.

Thanks!
I snagged the token for my game.

May I make a suggestion for the bloodied / flip side? Rather than making the token "sky" content red, could you make the green border red instead? (My image manipulation skills are in the toilet, or I would do it myself.)
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
I may be able to do Tangh. It might be a bit before I get to it, though.

I did the bloodied mark as a bleed effect because I thought it looked better than the solid circle, and I was designing it after the official FiFG stuff. I could do the border red - it's just a simple colorization - but I don't know if I might have to re-make the token to do it - I don't remember if I kept the component pieces or not.
Great, I'll keep an eye out. In the meantime I'm gonna try to cut a shrunk down pic of Tangh and blue-tac it to a token see how that goes...

maybe we'll get lucky and they will use his pic for a token in Legion of Gold.
I don't know how busy the other gentleman is but here is a quick token I cooked up.  It should print out exactly as a 1x1 inch token if you just have it print as is.

IMAGE(http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i302/MiniatureGeek/Gamma%20World%20Miniatures/GanghisTanghToken.png)
IMAGE(http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i302/MiniatureGeek/Gamma%20World%20Miniatures/GanghisTanghTokenBloodied.png)

I tried a little bit closer shot don't know if these are better
IMAGE(http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i302/MiniatureGeek/Gamma%20World%20Miniatures/GammaTokenredo2.jpg)
IMAGE(http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i302/MiniatureGeek/Gamma%20World%20Miniatures/GammaTokenredo2bloodied.jpg)
These Boards could use a "Like" button so we could just click it on those posts where we have nothing worthwhile to add but wish to acknowledge the awesomeness of someone else's contribution.
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
I "like" both of the above posts.
I bloodied up Siberys's Death Saucer the other way around. Hope this works.
Bloody Death Saucer
Beautilicious!
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
Miniaturegeek, thanks they are both great!
No biggie they aren't nearly as nice as that saucer token but I hope they work well enough for you, any other tokens you need proxies of.Smile
Thanks, no others right now. I just really wanted to have one of Tangh for the Game day Event I'm doing.
These Boards could use a "Like" button so we could just click it on those posts where we have nothing worthwhile to add but wish to acknowledge the awesomeness of someone else's contribution.

Anyone notice we have a rating system, a tweet button, a Facebook Like button, and the standard share/fav/email icons now?
I'm totally making my PCs fight the Death Saucer instead of Encounter 16 in FiFG now. Great token!
Anyone notice we have a rating system, a tweet button, a Facebook Like button, and the standard share/fav/email icons now?

Not until I just read this post, but I only see the Like button myself. Still, very cool.
Hmmm.. everything except the Like button seems to have vanished!

I just noticed earlier today as well....

any live link to the non-bloodied death saucer? original link appears to be dead
Achievements: 06/28/10 - MODERAT0WND!!11 06/30/10 - A Friendly Nod 07/04/10 - Troll Infiltrators 11/16/10 - RIP CB (What you are paying for should work; is it?) 12/20/10 - "No Way! That's Great...*chuckle*...WE'VE RERELEASED GAMMA WORLD!" Scapegoat of the Month for November: Pirates
Sign In to post comments