Infinite Combos?

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
     I'd like to have a list of all the infinite combos in extended, regardless of how hard they are to play etc.  I want to build a fun deck or two based on them to play with a casual group I just joined, but almost my entire collection is in extended so I would like to keep it in this format just for comfort and easy access.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. How to Create
Show
replace {} with [] {sblock} at the beginning and {/sblock} at the end.
I borrowed this from blood77. All credit goes to him. Great idea for a signature and I'm tired of people not autocarding decks. How to Auto Card
Show
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
Show
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck Auto Deck
Show
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4 Halimar Depths 4 Unstable Frontier 8 Island 4 Swamp Creatures 12 4 Hedron Crab 4 Nemesis of Reason 4 Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4 Spreading Seas 4 Suffer the Past 4 Mind Funeral 4 Archive Trap 4 Ponder 4 Into the Roil 4 Soul Manipulation {/deck}
Result
I'll start it off with Pestermite/Fatestitcher+Splinter Twin.  I want any alternatives, even if they are weaker options.  Fatestitcher can't attack that same turn for the finish, but it's another option if I go for enters the battlefield triggers.

Devoted Druid+Ezuri, Renegade Leader

Grand Architect+Pili-Pala
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Show
I borrowed this from blood77. All credit goes to him. Great idea for a signature and I'm tired of people not autocarding decks. How to Auto Card
Show
Show
Show
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4 Halimar Depths 4 Unstable Frontier 8 Island 4 Swamp Creatures 12 4 Hedron Crab 4 Nemesis of Reason 4 Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4 Spreading Seas 4 Suffer the Past 4 Mind Funeral 4 Archive Trap 4 Ponder 4 Into the Roil 4 Soul Manipulation {/deck}
Result
I just remembered the Myr Galvanizer with any mana myr combo.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Show
Show
Show
Show
Result
I'll start it off with Pestermite/Fatestitcher+Splinter Twin.  I want any alternatives, even if they are weaker options.  Fatestitcher can't attack that same turn for the finish, but it's another option if I go for enters the battlefield triggers.

Devoted Druid+Ezuri, Renegade Leader

Grand Architect+Pili-Pala

Would you mind explaining how the Devoted Druid+Ezuri, Renegade Leader combo works?
Would you mind explaining how the Devoted Druid+Ezuri, Renegade Leader combo works?

You'd need at least 2 of them, and some mana to start you off.
Activate Ezuri, Renegade Leader's second ability. Now, both of your Devoted Druids can tap for a , and then put a -1/-1 counter on itself to untap (do this three times per druid). If you have at least 2 of the druids, that's enough mana to use Ezuri's ability again, which boosts your druids' toughness enough for them to generate enough mana to do the cycle again. And so on.

Standard Answer to all 5E rules questions: "Ask your DM."

You'd need at least 2 of them, and some mana to start you off.
Activate Ezuri, Renegade Leader's second ability. Now, both of your Devoted Druids can tap for a , and then put a -1/-1 counter on itself to untap (do this three times per druid). If you have at least 2 of the druids, that's enough mana to use Ezuri's ability again, which boosts your druids' toughness enough for them to generate enough mana to do the cycle again. And so on.

Ohhhhhhhh....spectacular.  Thank you.  I thought it had to do with the regenerate effect.  Thanks for the explanation. 
Mana:
1   everflowing chalice, voltaic key, and rings of brighthearth if chalice has 4 or more counters.
2   everflowing chalice or Dreamstone Hedron, fatestitcher, and Rings of Brighthearth
3   Filigree Sages, training grounds, Khalni Gem

Creatures:
1   Prototype Portal exiling a Sphinx's Herald, Fatestitcher,Rings of Brighthearth and Grand Architect ok this is more of a doubling combo but given enough turns...and it produces handy artifact mana yay
2   Golem Foundry, Leyline of Anticipation, Glen Elendra Pranksters, 2 x Memnite or Ornithopter
3   Thousand-Year Elixir, Master Transmuter, 2 x Silver Myr, 2 x Myr Galvanizer Golem Foundry <-- works with the sages + gem combo and Architect + pila-pala one too.  Just keep on casting and recasting Master Transmuter and sending her back up and hard casting her because of that annoying may.

Draw:
1   Platinum angel, Ad Nauseam
2   Diviner's Wand + infinate mana combo <-- works with Mind Spring also.

Turns:
1   Time Sieve, Sharding Sphinx , 5 plus artifact creatures who can get through to damage opponent.
2   Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, Eldrazi Monument - library and graveyard <-- basically you have to be milled or mill yourself then drop a Bojoka Bog on yourself or use one of the infinate draws discard then bog.
3    Time Sieve, 5x artifact creatures, Nim Deathmantle + infinate mana combo
4    Time Sieve, Prototype portal exiling Precursor Golem, Rings of Brighthearth, voltaic key

Damage:
1   Golem Artisan + infinate mana combo. Applies to Fireball, Banefire, and Exsanguinate
2   Echo Mage, lightning bolt, Fatestitcher, Rings of Brighthearth, blue producing infinate mana combo.

Mill:
1   Echo Mage, Tome Scour, Fatestitcher, Rings of Brighthearth, blue producing infinate mana combo.
2   Keening stone, Rings of brighthearth, voltaic key, + infinate mana combo

Some of my combos may not work but Im tired and ready to go to bed so sorry if thier not applicable.
more damage:
3   Wake Thrasher + 2x fatestitcher
4   Electropotence + infinate creature combo

Life:
1   Leyline of Vitality + Infinate creature combo
Turns cont:
5   Cast through time, 2 x Call to Mind, Time warp
6   Echo Mage, Time Warp, Fatestitcher, Rings of Brighthearth, Blue Producing infinate mana combo.
7   Fatestitcher, Magosi, the Waterveil, Rings of Brighthearth, 1 blue mana + 6 others.

Creature/Mana/Turns Hybrid:
1   Kicked Rite of Replication on a Silver Myr, Fatestitcher, Echo Mage, Rings of Brighthearth, Thousand-Year Elixir and Time Sieve <-- If you want the turns you just sack the Silver Myr after taping them for mana and when you think youve got enough turns just start making an army of myr to show those stinking elves who's boss.  Also works really well with Leyline of vitality and Electropotence. and you dont even need to level up Echo Mage all the way.   Even better if you use Wind Zendicon but you cant get extra turns that way.  

Creatures cont:
Guile 4 x Lullmage Mentor, 3 x Clone targeting Lullmage Mentor

Note: Most of these revolve around being able to untap things then untap whatever makes the untap and doing it over again.  Just try to have fun with them.   Also, you can probably tell I like blue and artifacts so I kind of focus on them.  Anyways that should be enough for now I'll wait til someone adds thier own before I come up with more.
Mana:
1   everflowing chalice, voltaic key, and rings of brighthearth if chalice has 4 or more counters.
2   everflowing chalice or Dreamstone Hedron, fatestitcher, and Rings of Brighthearth
3   Filigree Sages, training grounds, Khalni Gem

Creatures:
1   Prototype Portal exiling a Sphinx's Herald, Fatestitcher,Rings of Brighthearth and Grand Architect ok this is more of a doubling combo but given enough turns...and it produces handy artifact mana yay
2   Golem Foundry, Leyline of Anticipation, Glen Elendra Pranksters, 2 x Memnite or Ornithopter
3   Thousand-Year Elixir, Master Transmuter, 2 x Silver Myr, 2 x Myr Galvanizer Golem Foundry <-- works with the sages + gem combo and Architect + pila-pala one too.  Just keep on casting and recasting Master Transmuter and sending her back up and hard casting her because of that annoying may.

Draw:
1   Platinum angel, Ad Nauseam
2   Diviner's Wand + infinate mana combo <-- works with Mind Spring also.

Turns:
1   Time Sieve, Sharding Sphinx , 5 plus artifact creatures who can get through to damage opponent.
2   Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, Eldrazi Monument - library and graveyard <-- basically you have to be milled or mill yourself then drop a Bojoka Bog on yourself or use one of the infinate draws discard then bog.
3    Time Sieve, 5x artifact creatures, Nim Deathmantle + infinate mana combo
4    Time Sieve, Prototype portal exiling Precursor Golem, Rings of Brighthearth, voltaic key

Damage:
1   Golem Artisan + infinate mana combo. Applies to Fireball, Banefire, and Exsanguinate
2   Echo Mage, lightning bolt, Fatestitcher, Rings of Brighthearth, blue producing infinate mana combo.

Mill:
1   Echo Mage, Tome Scour, Fatestitcher, Rings of Brighthearth, blue producing infinate mana combo.
2   Keening stone, Rings of brighthearth, voltaic key, + infinate mana combo

Mana 2 requires two Fatestitchers.

Creatures 1 Doesn't qualify as an infinite combo and I can't think of a way to make it work.

Creatures 3 must have an infinite mana combo in place in order to start.  If we counted those, I would have to list every card you can pour any amount of mana into.

I don't consider draw infinite because there are not infinite cards on the planet, therefore you cannot draw infinite cards.  I don't like infinite Turns because it doesn't feel the same.  I can't put it on my tongue exactly, but they don't seem like infinite combos.

I'm Basically looking for infinite creatures, mana, damage, life, etc.

Turns cont:
Creature/Mana/Turns Hybrid:
1   Kicked Rite of Replication on a Silver Myr, Fatestitcher, Echo Mage, Rings of Brighthearth, Thousand-Year Elixir and Time Sieve <-- If you want the turns you just sack the Silver Myr after taping them for mana and when you think youve got enough turns just start making an army of myr to show those stinking elves who's boss.  Also works really well with Leyline of vitality and Electropotence. and you dont even need to level up Echo Mage all the way.   Even better if you use Wind Zendicon but you cant get extra turns that way.  

What?  Can someone walk me through this?  I'm not seeing how this is infinite.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Show
Show
Show
Show
Result
Mana 2:
   If everflowing chalice has 3 or more charge counters you can tap it for the mana, then tap fatestitcher then pay 2 to copy fatestitchers ability with rings of brighthearth and untap FatestitcherDreamstone hedron works the same as Everflowing Chalice and it can be sacked for 3 draw but its less playable as proliferation can help out with the charge counters.  Having multiple Fatestitchers on the field wouldnt do anything other than give you one more tap.  This way its alot easier to use a combo.

Creature 1:
   Like I said, its more of a doubling thing but heres how it workds.  tap grand architect for 2 colorless.  use 1 to create a copy of sphinx's herald. tap the copy to create 2 more mana. use fatestitcher to untap prototype portal.  untap fatestitcher with rings of brighthearth. make another sphinx's herald with the last remaining mana.  3 creatures on the first go.  If you just do that again the next turn it will increase them again by following the same cycle.

So I just realized about that this may not work but heres how it would have went.

Hybrid.
   You need to have Echo Mage leveled up to level 2 at least and have fatestitcher, rings of brighthearth, thousand-year elixir, and silver myr + 13 mana 4 of which must be blue.  With those out of the way here we go.
    1. Play kicked rite of replication targeting a silver myr for 6 myr, copy it with echo mage for 11 myr, untap echo mage with fatestitcher and fatestitcher with rings of brighthearth tap 4 myr for the extra mana to copy rite of replication and use rings of brighthearth again over and over until your finished.  Now i'm not sure if Echo Mage can copy rite of replication after its left the stack but if so it would be infinate creatures and mana

Well you did say regardless of how hard they are to play and I did make 18 of those listed up myself but i havent been playing that long and I did this for fun.
     First off, I want to say I haven't been trying to put you down.  this thread has been a little dead and I appreciate the replies.  I am only trying to offer constructive criticism because then you know not to use the combos ina real game and if I'm wrong then I can put the combo on the list.  I'm socially awkward and people take me wrong all the time.  I never mean any harm.

Fatestitcher reads "You may tap or untap another target permanent."  Unless I'm mistaken because you are copying the ability with Rings of Brighthearth, which could mean that rings is using the ability therefore could target Fatestitcher.

I understand how you got confused, but you cannot copy a spell after it has resolved.  It can only be copied while it is waiting on the stack. 
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Show
Show
Show
Show
Result
lol.  Its no problem.  Like I said it was just fun for me to do. I was searching google for activated abilities after learning about the rings and basically it says to look for the : leading into the effect.  Also plainswalkers abilities are supposed to be able to be activated abilitites also.  So basically by tapping fatestitcher your using an activated abilitity which can be copied by rings of brighthearths ability and any mana or activated abilities can be activated at instant speed from my understanding. 
    I'm new to the game but still trying to get it all working out.  Most of these combos fail pretty hard to a control deck and especially to removal so i wouldn't use anymore than a 3 card combo and that would only be if im feeling brave or playing a control deck based only on making the combo work. Most of these are things i've stumbled into with my deck ideas either by accident or by facing opponents or reading about them.
    Anyways i'm not offended or anything and I didnt take it like you were putting me down.  Was just bored and figured I'd have some fun with it. some of these are easy, like the chalice ones and others are hard, but all in all I looked at it as an exercise to improve my gameplay and combo ability.
    See, its more fun for me to make unique decks rather than tribes or combo or control.  Its more of how I play rather than what I play that makes the game fun and stuff like this is an aspect I can appriciate.  Anyways thats kinda how I roll.  Im sure theres lots more that I missed but from what I can tell the easiest way to counter an infinate combo user is to look for abilities which allow untapping and copying and destroy those key things and to look to see how many "tap : do something awesome" cards they play.
Sign In to post comments