Dungeon 185 - Save My Game: Holiday Giving, D&D Style

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
DnDi_Large.pngDungeon 185
Save My Game: Holiday Giving, D&D Style

by Stephen Radney-MacFarland

Don't forget to give something back to the DM who gives you a great campaign.

Talk about this Article here.
Good giift ideas.  (And I'm not just saying that because I know some of my players read the forums and our next session is on Christmas Day... though I know some of my players read the forums and our next session is on Christmas Day.)

And also very good advice.  When I was a new DM I had a player who chronicled everything about his character, which was great, and then proceeded to tell me every little detail he had written, which was annoying.  And this was in the days before email, so it all happened in person.  Fortunately, this was summer camp, so I knew it would all come to an end by Labor Day!
I was at first worried that this would just turn into a sales pitch, but the various non-WotC items managed to reassure me - along with the recommendation of what, as a DM, I would say is the best gift of all: Getting to play.

That, more than anything, is simply great advice. Try your hand at DMing, organize a board game day, etc - whatever it takes to give the regular DM of the group a chance to relax and join in the fun as just another one of the gang.
Sign In to post comments