[CRL] Why is there no official support for this game - did it sell too bad?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
We have the D&D Insider a source for "additional content" for "premium members" - so wizards could even make money out of this.

There are no new official adventures. (The contest seems to have faded unnoticed)
There are no villian cards for the new Beholder collectors set.
There is no new insider class or similar.
There are no new monster cards for D&D Minis (I admit that is very hard to balance and well wishing)

This puzzles me. Allthough the game is balanced quite ok, it is not as if the game doesn't involve any luck or is "perfectly balanced no matter which characters you choose and how many" - so the reason for not putting out new stuff shouldn't be balance issues.

As for additional villian cards for the beholders - I couldn't care less if they are well "balanced" or not - it's a single use adventure, so if one of them wouldn't work out perfect - whatever.

Having seen the tons of character options and monsters for D&D 4th I really would have hoped for some stuff for Ravenloft too

Wrath of Ashardalon is coming out in a few months.  It will have campaign rules (likely just carrying something between adventures).

As for DDI, why should they put stuff for the boardgame in a subscriber-only service.  Boardgamers, don't subscribe to DDI.  And the game already has 16 scenarios, more than any other similar game out of the box.

They will likely post up the contest scenario sometime in the next month.

They will likely have 3 more bonus scenarios for Ashardalon as well.

They said they are taking a wait and see approach on these games.  They also have Conquest of Nerrath (war game using minis) as well.

I'm sure we will see at at least one or two more of these games and hopefully, one set in the Underdark.
I recently bought it a a gift.  Thoughthammer was sold out.  TrollandToad had it listed as their #1 selling boardgame.   I've heard that European distributors are sold out.  Wizards is hiring 2to fill a boardgame manager position.  I think it's doing just fine.

There were two additional scenarios posted before the game hit the shelves.

Frog: 16 scenarios?  Did I miss one somewhere?
I recently bought it a a gift.  Thoughthammer was sold out.  TrollandToad had it listed as their #1 selling boardgame.   I've heard that European distributors are sold out.  Wizards is hiring 2to fill a boardgame manager position.  I think it's doing just fine.

There were two additional scenarios posted before the game hit the shelves.

Frog: 16 scenarios?  Did I miss one somewhere?

Nope, I was using amphibian mathematics.  It's hard to count when you have webbed hands!

Sign In to post comments