12/16/2010 Feature: "2010 World Championships Metagame Breakdown"

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this Feature Article, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.
This article was very helpful. My group is trying to get ready for the Extended PTQ season and kept debating which decks would show up more. While not conclusive, this is a pretty good starting point for us.
Thanks for sharing the info.
MTG Rules Advisor Autocarding helps a lot -> [c]Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas[/c] = Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas "But keep in mind when the internet dies with the electrical system in 2012, you can still play paper magic, while digital cards will have gone the way of the dodo. In the post apocalyptic world, magic cards will be our currency!" - Samot, explaining to someone the ramifications of switching to MTGO!
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Thanks for the info, but personally I'd rather hear about Legacy.  With no Survival in the Top 2 Teams, only 2 in the Thursday event, and the Sunday event results not up on MTG.com (as of 2 am this morning), I'd like to know what happened in Japan.

The country results, sadly, dont' say much at all.  The high and low countries' results are skewed from a smaller sampling, whilst the two largest represented countries, JPN and USA, with almost 300 matches apiece, averaged out very close to 50%, which is to be expected -- as the sample size grows, statistics say that the percentage will come closer and closer to the middle point.

Though the statement that the USA is not dominant is correct, we can't derive it from this table of data.