Far-go Thoughts....

45 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just wondering what people thought of the first Gamma World expansion.  Personally I liked all the new origins and the Dah-Ko-Tah gamma terra description. The new monsters were nice...lol we got more minions. The hidden addition of skill challenges and the adventure looks fun. But was a little disappointed that there were no Vehicle rules...have to stick with the house rules. I also was not really thrilled with the alliances, I guess they add a consistent set of  factions to deal with....

What are your thoughts? 
First off: The box mentioning on the opening that mutant chickens were inside was a nice touch and got an honest laugh out of me.

The new origins are all pretty spiffy and offer a lot of new potential character options (and only a few look really bad or good).  The monster section was overall pleasing, with a hodge-podge selection of classic GW critters (including most of the classic mounts), repurposed D&D monsters, and some fun new entries like the Visitors and Neep Neeps (though I wish they could have used the Brubba space for something more interesting).  The setting info looks detailed enough to work with in a creative pinch, and the adventure is relative big (though I haven't looked that section to much so far).

The Cryptic Alliance information was solid enough.  Other then some of the minor alliances they are all just the classic ones from previous editions so its all familiar to me.  I didn't really see the need for cards though: They could have just included the power in the book instead of the sample alliance member, and had a random table to roll.  Then they could have justified powers for the "Dangerous" alliances in there to be used by enemies or in villainous campaigns.  Information on joining the groups in play rather then just drawing a card would have also been nice: Most of these alliances (even the "Nice" ones) are supposed to be dangerous hardcore societies that wouldn't let some rank nobody in as they started their adventures...

The big problem area in my opinion is organization: The skill challenge rules should have been in a rules section, not adventure notes.  15+ new monster stat blocks (including some good ones for use in home brewed adventures) are spread through the adventure (along with filler reprints of some critters from the core book).  They have an additional Starting Gear tabke after the new Junk table, but don't mention it can actually be used (sure its obvious enough, but still).

The lack of vehicle rules is annoying, but I find the lack of riding rules far worse, considering they included 4-5 mounts (counting Thornies) in the monster list.  Several of the mounts have rider triggered abilities, but clarity on what natural attacks they can use when ridden, how much of the rider's attention must be spent on control, etc would be nice.  Without busting out the non-GW D&D books of course.  Speaking of which, this was a missed chance to put in some brief rules on common moves like Charge that should be available but you have to reference other books for: A few pages gained by skipping the minor alliances and a monster or so could have probably provided enough space for the added rules pages.

And what is with the recycled art on page 30?   If desperate there are decades worth of classic GW art they can dredge up for filler...
Is the new Famine-in-Fargo adventure similar to the original?  Or is it different enough to make it interesting.  I've been playing GW for a long time & my players have already gone through the original Famine-in-Fargo.  Is the new adventure different enough or could it be modified sufficiently to run again for players who have already gone through the original scenario?
@Santakas it is mostly similar with enough differences that you could definitely spin it a different direction.

Lots and lots new monsters.

The new Far-go module has twice as many encounters as the Iron King module from the base set.

Detailed descriptions of major/minor cryptic alliances are mostly for the DM so that the players can be introduced to them little by little through creative adding them into the story and the new CA cards. The fluff on them is great; the cards' actual use is a little ambiguous so explaining how the party members 'get hired' by the cryptic alliances is something the dm has to work into the story; potential to be good.

New origins are good, additional junk tables are welcome.

Gallus gallus have two eyes, but still have vision difficulties at range...
Achievements: 06/28/10 - MODERAT0WND!!11 06/30/10 - A Friendly Nod 07/04/10 - Troll Infiltrators 11/16/10 - RIP CB (What you are paying for should work; is it?) 12/20/10 - "No Way! That's Great...*chuckle*...WE'VE RERELEASED GAMMA WORLD!" Scapegoat of the Month for November: Pirates

First off, let me say that I am a degenerate completionist, so if the set had contained nothing more than 4 Far-Go encounters printed on napkins, I would've bought it. 

That said, I guess I expected more. I'll cover the individual elements below, but specifically, I think that even a couple of Alpha or Omega cards would've been called for in a game expansion for a game whose distinguishing innovation is the collectible card 'innovation.'

COMPONENTS:

MAPS (2 Double Sided)

• Actually 5 maps here and I'm glad to have them. 3 are full side 21x15 maps and one side is split 10x15 maps. 3 outdoor locations and 2 interiors. They are generic enough to use for home-brewed adventures.  

You may be asking yourself, "how can the conduct 16 encounters on 5 maps?"  The Answer: by recycling the maps from the core set in many of the encounters at Far-Go. So you will be using the core maps for the encounters in that set, for Far-Go, and for home-brew adventures. Frankly I would like more maps. 

CRYPTIC ALLIANCE CARDS (10)

• These are for use with the new (and discardible) Cryptic Alliance rules. I continue to be unimpressed with the lack of effort put into the cards in this game. The card backs are the same as the Alpha/Omega cards which will lead to mix-ups and I don't think it's too much to ask to have the CA icons printed on the cards. More on the rules below. 

POGS (a bunch)

• I don't use them. I have spent a fair amount of time tracking down and moding figures to use as proxies. I understand that lacking figure support, they needed to provide something for players to use as board markers, but using these checkers is not for me. 

EMPTY SPACE AND CARDBOARD SPACERS

• The other half of the box is taken up with cardboard spacers and empty space, presumably as insulation from the HOT-HOT contents inside.

RULEBOOK (158 Pages)

• Blessedly, the same size as the original RULEBOOK, but same seemingly cheap binding (although I've put the first one through it's paces and it's held up so far.)

CHARACTER OPTIONS

EXPANDED ORIGINS

• 20 new origins. I still haven't used the first 20. I think it's a matter of personal taste whether you'll like these or not. My opinion is that some of them take the game from spoofy to goofy. 

NEW GEAR

• 50 new entries of Ancient Junk.    .

• Starting Gear. 19 items with descriptions. Pretty cool.

CRYPTIC ALLIANCES

• 20 pages for a system that I predict 90% of players will not use. It takes the game closer to ParanoiaTM than many people will probably be comfortable with, but it is optional, and if you run for the kind of gaming group that will dig this, then it might give Gamma World a whole new level of play.  I will be interested in hearing how it goes from those that do use it. 

MONSTERS

• Excepting the module, this is probably the meat of the expansion. 39 new monsters (not including the module variants,) with full color illustrations (with the curious exception of the Brubba's.) I'm glad to have them, but now I have to start a whole new search for figures and another 50 hours or so to mod them. 

I agree with earlier posters that it is inexcusable to include mounts but no rules on how to use them. Also, it feels like the section on Zombies could've been 'fleshed out' a bit more. One (2?) of the new zombies has no explanation at all.

Fond memories of the Froghemoth.

FAR-GO 

• This section is background on the setting for the module. Fairly complete information and good reading. 

FAMINE IN FAR-GO

• 16 encounters which I will not review until I've absorbed it all, but the initial skim-through has me encouraged. 

That concludes my initial thoughts on the expansion. In summary, I think that GM's will want this expansion, but I see no reason for most players to buy and in fact, their access to the module makes this set one that most GM's will dissuade their players from buying. Perhaps it is advisable for WotC to keep adventures separate from new rules and components for this reason. 

Since all of the origin 1st power are at-wills, I am houseruling that all 1st powers of origins are at-wills.
Since all of the origin 1st power are at-wills, I am houseruling that all 1st powers of origins are at-wills.

Agreed. I am also house-ruling that all the expert and utility powers are encounter powers. The lone daily power which is weak compared to others in the same book seemd rather stupid to me.

Agreed. I am also house-ruling that all the expert and utility powers are encounter powers. The lone daily power which is weak compared to others in the same book seemd rather stupid to me.

+1

At-Will for damage, Teleport 4 AND Daze, or At-Will Area Burst 1 within 10 for damage + Immobilize are not less powerful than Encounter Close Burst 2 for damage and Push.

The Novice powers should all be At-Will, and the other powers should all be Encounter.
I am houseruling that all 1st powers of origins are at-wills.

Out of curiousity (since I'm leaning towards the all at-will thing to), are you declaring the Yeti novice a standard action rather then minor as well or just allowing them to double tap attacks?
I am houseruling that all 1st powers of origins are at-wills.

Out of curiousity (since I'm leaning towards the all at-will thing to), are you declaring the Yeti novice a standard action rather then minor as well or just allowing them to double tap attacks?

Good call.  Yeah, the Yeti's would be an at-will standard action.
Agreed, Yeti is At-Will Standard.

I wonder what's going on with the inconsistencies. I mean, yeah, it's WotC, but this is getting a bit much...
Could one of you lucky americans who already has the set confirm what approach they've taken to combining the new origins with the old ones during character creation, and if they've changed the rules for generating Engineered Humans?
Could one of you lucky americans who already has the set confirm what approach they've taken to combining the new origins with the old ones during character creation, and if they've changed the rules for generating Engineered Humans?

The suggestion is to dice for which book you'll take origins from.  Basically, a 50/50 chance of base game origins or FiF.

I'm going to do that but for roll for which book for each origin separately.  That is, your first origin could come from base game and your second one could come from the FiF book.
The suggestion is to dice for which book you'll take origins from.  Basically, a 50/50 chance of base game origins or FiF.

As in, choose a book first, then roll both origins from that book? I guess it addresses the EH question nicely, but it does reduce the randomness a bit.

it says if you roll the same origin twice, then you are engineered human. with more origins, chances of engineered human would be even less...so...

what im going to have our group do is make an expansion roll (1d6, 1-3 base set, 4-6 fargo) for both their primary and secondary origins.

then they 2d20 for the origins and if the d20 rolls match, then engineered human is the secondary origin, regardless of whether the origins came from the same book or not.
Achievements: 06/28/10 - MODERAT0WND!!11 06/30/10 - A Friendly Nod 07/04/10 - Troll Infiltrators 11/16/10 - RIP CB (What you are paying for should work; is it?) 12/20/10 - "No Way! That's Great...*chuckle*...WE'VE RERELEASED GAMMA WORLD!" Scapegoat of the Month for November: Pirates
My plan is to have them roll a d6 and a d20 for each origin. 1-3 = core rules, 4-6 = FiF. When Legion of Gold comes, it'll be 1-2 = Core, 3-4 = FiF, and 5-6 = LoG.

If the same origin comes up, then they're Engineered Human. That means that they have to roll the same results on the d6 and d20 (well, the d6 as a range). If someone rolls Yeti and Wheeled, they may be the same origin number (I'm guessing here, books are not in front of me) but they are not the same origin. Therefore a wheeled yeti...hmm Big Foot as a Roller Derby player? *ponder*
Hmmm... so it sounds like, as somewhat expected, the rules are fairly vague and everyone will have their own interpretations/house rules...

My plan is to have them roll a d6 and a d20 for each origin. 1-3 = core rules, 4-6 = FiF. When Legion of Gold comes, it'll be 1-2 = Core, 3-4 = FiF, and 5-6 = LoG.

You'll probably want to make that a d12: 1-5 = Core, 6-10 = FiF, 11-12 = LoG, as LoG only has 8 new origins...

Hmmm... so it sounds like, as somewhat expected, the rules are fairly vague and everyone will have their own interpretations/house rules...

You'll probably want to make that a d12: 1-5 = Core, 6-10 = FiF, 11-12 = LoG, as LoG only has 8 new origins...

Ah, well, it really doesn't matter I could easily rewrite the tables to do d% instead, with 48 total official origins then, it's almost a good thing. Throw in Engineered Human as a possible roll and you have 49. Set everything at 2% and EH at 3% and you've got a good table.
I like the mistake they made on the death saucer.
Neutron bomb rechares when bloodied but when bloodied "sudden landing" and "grounded" trigger so that it can't use neutron bomb.

The wheeled yeti was obvious to me. Big Foot was THE monster truck when I was a kid.
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
I like the mistake they made on the death saucer.
Neutron bomb rechares when bloodied but when bloodied "sudden landing" and "grounded" trigger so that it can't use neutron bomb.

I assumed, when the preview was published, that the recharges on "neutron bomb" and "deliver troops" were mixed up somewhere along the line - i.e.: neutron bomb should be a 5 or 6 recharge, and deliver troops should recharge when bloodied.

At least, that's probably the way I'll run it. Very cool monster BTW.

Interesting.  I suppose you could try to justify a workaround  since Immobilized just means you can't move from your square, and Fly allows you to move up and down freely without leaving the square (and without costing movement): You just use a movement action to change altitude without exiting the square and you are no longer grounded and thus not subject to the limitation.  The Essentials definition of Immobilized doesn't seem to disagree with this interpretation either since you aren't repositioning it on the battlegrid if you just go up and down...

Interesting.  I suppose you could try to justify a workaround  since Immobilized just means you can't move from your square, and Fly allows you to move up and down freely without leaving the square (and without costing movement): You just use a movement action to change altitude without exiting the square and you are no longer grounded and thus not subject to the limitation.  The Essentials definition of Immobilized doesn't seem to disagree with this interpretation either since you aren't repositioning it on the battlegrid if you just go up and down...

Neutron bomb recharges when bloodied. That happens regardless of anything else. Recharged just means that you can use it again, it does not mean that it is used immediately.
Now that I've had time to read through the book I have now formed an opinion on the matter.

The book is more consistent than the core rules and offers some house ruling for the core rules.

First off, with every single origin in FiF having At-Will Novice Powers, I am going to house rule that all origins have At-Will Novice Powers. Additionally, the Alien origin is the only one with a Daily and it's power title bar background is reddish like an Encounter power. Thus, the Alien's Expert Power is also an Encounter power. This makes the Yeti's At-Will a Standard Action rather than a Minor Action as well (all house rules).

In terms of content, FiF does a good job of bringing back the classic module. I will end up running this at some point, most definitely.

In terms of rules, giving us Skill Challenges helps. Cryptic Alliances are OK but another set of cards to pass around (how I pine for the cyrptic alliances booster packs! *rolleyes*). The only thing the cards help with is giving a fun twist to the game. Now do you switch it up every encounter? Every session? Or make the alliance permanent? 10 cards that are 2 sets of 5 was OK. Putting them as cards makes it easier and keeps the book from being passed around...Will I use it? Hmm, maybe once or twice, we'll see. I might be more inclined to assign the Cryptic Alliances points based on character actions in the game and treat them as a faction system (like in Daggerfall or Oblivion).

There are plenty of new monsters though it's frustrating that some of the entries seem to be missing descriptive text and other parts. It feels really rushed to me in parts.

Origins, gotta love em. The ones here are OK and will probably end up being fun.

The tokens are wonderful! Why? BECAUSE THEY HAVE BLOODIED VERSIONS OF THE MONSTERS ON THE FLIP SIDE OF THE TOKEN!

Organization of the book is kinda screwy. I would have put all the monsters in the monster section and made references to them from the adventure (heck, they're all in the same book). And the placement of skill challenges leaves little to be desired. I'd gotten into the monster section thinking there were no rules additions or clarifications.

My feeling is that the game is being put together sloppily just to get GW out there and no real thought is going into what should be in the books. I see that a LOT of 4e rules are not being published in the books because they just don't want multiple sources for the rules. I think WotC expects players to pick up the D&D Essentials Rules Compendium to get things like Charge, Crawl, etc.

More cards are OK in my book. Just stop with the CCG aspect of it all. As it stands, I'm trying to get the cash together to get cards individually. But thankfully people are really hiking the prices up for "rares" and "uncommons" because they think the game is like M:TG...*sigh*

All-in-all, I'm glad I got the expansion. I get some new origins, desciriptions of the cryptic alliances, more monsters, an adventure, and more tokens. The skill challenge rules were ill-placed in the book and I have the essentials books so I don't really care.

I am looking forward to Legion of Gold and more origins, monsters, maps, tokens, and an adventure.

I *do* wish they'd convert all the old Gamma World material for use with this game, but that's wishful thinking

Oh, and the new maps in FiF are good. It helps with fleshing out delves, unless the rules for delves won't include FiF material.
Two things caught me off guard as I was reading this on the train yesterday.

One: The novice power for the Magnetic origin is ridiculously powerful.  It must be an error that it's a minor action. 

Two:  The cryptic alliance cards are doubled up and there seem to be major alliances missing from the cards.  Animal Liberation Front is not represented, for example.   I don't know if this is intentional or I got a messed up pack. 

Two:  The cryptic alliance cards are doubled up and there seem to be major alliances missing from the cards.  Animal Liberation Front is not represented, for example.   I don't know if this is intentional or I got a messed up pack. 

You get 2 each of the Cryptic Alliance cards. The Dangerous Cryptic Alliances (including the Animal Liberation Front) are stated to be for the GM only.

So I've had the box since last Friday, and here are a few quick thoughts:

1) Good call making all the novice powers at-will. I imagine we'll see some errata soon to bring the base origins in line.

2) Love that the tokens have a bloodied side, but I wish they would have done that with the tokens from the first set. It's going to be a pain using monsters from both books at the same time.

3) I agree that the cryptic alliances are take-them-or-leave-them, but they're a great addtion. I don't think I'll be using the cards, but the groups are good hooks and NPC motivators nonetheless. They remind me of some of the great organizations for d20 Modern.

4) Re-using the maps? Lame.

5) Some really sloppy writing here. Remember when D&D books introduced new concepts, and defined how those worked? Schwalb didn't get the memo on that one. No definition of daily powers (see GW p. 24), attacks with double damage types without explaining how resistances work (also GW p. 24). WotC is trying to have it both ways: they refuse to tell us to use D&D as a backdrop (so GW won't seem like a money grab to sell more D&D), yet they won't explain how the game works. This needs to be addressed, because as written, it's getting harder and harder to make the case that GW is a stand-alone game. It's either the "Gamma World Roleplaying Game" or the "Gamma World Campaign Setting"; it can't be both.
Gamma World Origins Half-Sheets: Horizontal (FiFG) Vertical (GW) FiFG coming soon
..,, it's getting harder and harder to make the case that GW is a stand-alone game. It's either the "Gamma World Roleplaying Game" or the "Gamma World Campaign Setting"; it can't be both.

It is the "D&D Gamma World Role Playing Game"  But dig deeper into the rules, D&D 4e and D&D Gamma World are different game with radically different character creation rules and incompatible advancement scales. 

My big complaint is that it was written with the assumption that the reader knows the D&D 4e rules.  I would guess, players who never played 4e would have many questions.  But on the side of the open ended rules especially regarding Character creation and card play, it allows Gms to just make stuff up.  For someone like me that is a breath of fresh air from games so solidly ruled you can't just "make stuff up."
But dig deeper into the rules, D&D 4e and D&D Gamma World are different game with radically different character creation rules and incompatible advancement scales.

That came as a shock to me. They keep billing it as though it can be fully intergrated. Superficially I suppose with monster stats, but between the cards and the d&d/gamma unique damage types it's not the simple drag and drop conversion they've been claiming.

The game's quirkiness makes it stand out, it definitely isn't in its quality.
I'm honestly kind of shocked that not only did they not print missing rules that were left out of the first box, but they actually missed several more, with no errata / rules downloads in sight.
But dig deeper into the rules, D&D 4e and D&D Gamma World are different game with radically different character creation rules and incompatible advancement scales.

That came as a shock to me. They keep billing it as though it can be fully intergrated. Superficially I suppose with monster stats, but between the cards and the d&d/gamma unique damage types it's not the simple drag and drop conversion they've been claiming.

I think one could have a group of GW Pcs drop into a D&D 4e campaign and a group of D&D4e Pc drop into a GW campaign.  But you cannot have a campaign with a mix of D&D 4e and GW Pcs, without a lot of work and house rules.  I think that is where people get disappointed.  I think? 

I think one could have a group of GW Pcs drop into a D&D 4e campaign and a group of D&D4e Pc drop into a GW campaign.  But you cannot have a campaign with a mix of D&D 4e and GW Pcs, without a lot of work and house rules.  I think that is where people get disappointed.  I think? 

No, people are disappointed that WotC has dropped the ball on Gamma World, claiming it is a standalone game yet not providing all the rules needed to play it properly. Apparently they believe that anyone who has Gamma World *must* have D&D 4e/Essentials and therefore assume that the rules are covered.

Well, let me tell you something, don't assume it makes an @$$ out of you and me...
No, people are disappointed that WotC has dropped the ball on Gamma World, claiming it is a standalone game yet not providing all the rules needed to play it properly. Apparently they believe that anyone who has Gamma World *must* have D&D 4e/Essentials and therefore assume that the rules are covered.

+Infinity

With charging, there were basically two options: either (1) they forgot to put in the charging rules; or (2) they forgot to take the charging entry off the felinoid power. I've been in the second camp, and in a discussion about the charging rules at my FLGS, I made what has come to be known as the "Amazon Tribe" argument—that, absent text to the contrary, Gamma World is a stand-alone game, and it should not be assumed that D&D 4E rules loom in the background (otherwise, an Amazon tribe would not be able to play). Using that logic, we have resolved most rules discrepancies against the interpretation that requires D&D rules, out of respect for our fellow gamers in the Amazon.

With the release of Famine in Far-Go, the "Amazon Tribe" argument is losing ground quickly. At this point, the cause is either dishonesty (they won't tell us to use 4E as a backdrop because it'll seem like a money grab) or inattention to detail (I won't say laziness, although it's a pattern we see time and time again). I'm hoping that one day, one shining day, we'll get an answer, but I'm not holding my breath.

Gamma World Origins Half-Sheets: Horizontal (FiFG) Vertical (GW) FiFG coming soon
I suppose you could try to justify a workaround  since Immobilized just means you can't move from your square, and Fly allows you to move up and down freely without leaving the square (and without costing movement)

That would have to ignore a whole lot of D&D clarifications about 3D movement (and could set a bad precedence for say, Hawkoid PC's)

When terrain goes 3d, I'd start refering to the squares as cubes, and under normal conditions, immobilized would keep a target from moving from one cube to another. This way grounded immobilized mobs that have a fly speed cannot take off until the immobilized condition ends.
That would have to ignore a whole lot of D&D clarifications about 3D movement (and could set a bad precedence for say, Hawkoid PC's)

So there is a clarification to D&D that says Immobilized characters can't change altitude even if they don't leave the square?  I'm not surprised if that is the case of course, but could you indicate where it is so I can review it?  Anyway, I was just going by the GW and Compendium stuff, grasping at straws to allow the recharged power to still function.  I've always found Immobilized to be a really wierd status considering you can still be slid around...
is a clarification to D&D that says Immobilized characters can't change altitude even if they don't leave the square?

From the Rules Q&A forum FAQ (if desired):
"How do area effects function in a 3-D environment?: Since vertical distances are measured the same as horizontal distances, they take on a cube shape. Discussed in the 5/10/10 podcast."

"What area do creatures occupy in a 3-D environment? A cube. RC p.200 says "A creature's space is the area, measured in squares, that the creature  occupies on the battle grid. This area represents the three-dimensional space that the creature needs to take part in an encounter, allowing it to turn around attack, fall prone, and so on. Despite the cubic shape of its space, a creature is not actually a cube (unless it's a gelatinous cube)".  Also, the 5/10/10 podcast states that medium (and small) characters occupy a 5'x5'x5' square regardless of their actual height"

(under 'Commonly misused terms') "Square: a standard unit of measurement in D&D. Not necessarily an actual 2-D object."

Well, let me tell you something, don't assume it makes an @$$ out of you and me...

So its worse than I assumed.  Rage on! rage on!
we have a running joke at my local game store... wizards is just 5 guys in a basement. well the D&D half anyway.

plus i want to see if wizards reads these. 
My take on integrating new origins is to print them up on 'cards' (actually, stickers, so they can be pasted right onto a character sheet), and let players pick them at random.  'Out of a hat,' as it were.  No need to worry about dice rolls or having a number of origins that can fit in a dice-based chart (if I make up an origin - and I have, a number of them - I can just add it to the 'hat'), no need to treat EH any differently from any other origin (and you can get EH primary), and no duplicate origins, every character in the group is completely different.

As for the novice powers, I really think they should all be at-will, and should all be standard actions.  Just for the sake of consistency, and all characters having some decent options readily available.

The Cryptic Alliances, as presented, aren't worth the page count devoted to them.  A mechanic that works once per campaign?  Also don't care for the changes to some of the alliances.  The Brotherhood of Thought, in particular - it was nice having some genuine 'good guys' on Gamma Terra. 

It was nice to see classic monsters like the Ark and the various mounts return.  It'd've been nicer if the mounts had the mount keyword, mount powers, and there were rules for mounts. 

Gamma World is definitely suffering from incomplete rules coverage.  Heck, at this point, I'd accept references to the Rules Compendium. 

Want to see the best of 4e included in 5e?  Join the Old Guard of 4e.

5e really needs something like Wrecan's SARN-FU to support "Theatre of the Mind."

"You want The Tooth?  You can't handle The Tooth!"  - Dahlver-Nar.

"If magic is unrestrained in the campaign, D&D quickly degenerates into a weird wizard show where players get bored quickly"  - E. Gary Gygax

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

My take on integrating new origins is to print them up on 'cards' (actually, stickers, so they can be pasted right onto a character sheet), and let players pick them at random.  'Out of a hat,' as it were.

That is a great Idea.  Thanks.
plus i want to see if wizards reads these. 

"No Way! That's Great...*chuckle*...WE'VE RERELEASED GAMMA WORLD!"