Useful Links
Rule Questions
Miniature Proxies:
     Core
     Far-go
     Legion of Gold
Adventures
Maps/Tiles

In addition to being a FAQ, this thread is also a catch-all for minor questions.  Everyone is welcome to ask or answer simple questions here.

Rule Questions

How do you stabilize a dying character? It is a Science skill check (standard action, DC 15, similar to regular D&D, if desired). Also note that (per p.22) "If you are unable to take actions, another character can use a standard action to trigger your second wind."

Can you use mental push to make a monster attack himself? Yes.

How does ammo work? If you use gun ammunition more than once in an encounter, you will be out of ammo after the encounter (i.e. if you shoot twice in an encounter, you might as well keeping shooting). You cannot store extra ammo. Other players can give you their ammo, but then they will be out of ammo.

Can you crawl or charge in Gamma World? Although these options are not in the D&D Gamma World rulebook, some text (examples: the prone description or the Felinoid Killing Bite power) mentions them, so normal D&D rules can be applied if desired:
- Charge: Standard action:"The creature moves up to its speed toward the target. Each square of movement must bring the creature closer to the target, and the creature must end the move at least 2 squares away from its start-ing position."The creature either makes a melee basic attack against the target or uses bull rush against it. The creature gains a +1 bonus to the attack roll.""The creature can’t take any further actions during this turn, except free actions."
- Crawl: Move action: "Move up to half your speed." "You must be prone to crawl."

What overcharge bonuses do you get? Strictly by (most of) the rules, you only get the overcharge bonus of your primary origin. However, WotC's online character sheet lists the bonuses for both origins (and the designers previously mentioned that overcharging should be encouraged), so many groups allow overcharge bonuses from both origins.

Can a pyrokinetic turn off his Fiery Aura? Strictly as written, no. However, it is typical to allow a pyrokinetic to turn off its aura (as a minor action) according to the rules for monster auras on p.105. Discussed here.

How do mounts work? Gamma World mounted combat rules are provided in Legion of Gold, and are similar to normal D&D mounted combat rules.

How do vehicles work? Here is a WotC article on the subject.

Magnets, how do they work? This song by the Insane Clown Posse helps explain.

Is Lodestone Lure (Magnetic power) really an At-will, Minor action attack power? As written, yes. However, the concensus is that this is too powerful and possibly a typo (i.e. should instead be a standard action or encounter power). Discussed here and here.

Miniature Proxies

Monsters:

PC's:

Famine in Far-Go Miniature Proxies

Monsters:

Cryptic Alliances

Legion of Gold Miniature Proxies

• All: KJordan's paper Fegion of Gold standees
  • Bugaboo, death knell:
  • Buzzer:
  • Buzzer, swarm:
  • Cyborg, gold:
  • Cyborg, gold fusilier:
  • Demon, venom lord:
  • Forestal:
  • Gravorg:
  • Gren:
  • Haunt, gamma ray:
  • Klard nar (moonbeast):
  • Lornak, crawler:
  • Lornak, inkspitter:
  • Lornak, squidling:
  • Modo:
  • Robot, advanced:
  • Saurian:
  • Space eel:
  • Space eel, hatchling:
  • Star slime:
  • Thuu marth (gray invader):
  • Urd:
  • Urd, morgeth:
  • Webber:
  • Zombie (real deadun):
  • Zombie, slavering maw:

Adventures

Steading of the Iron King: lvl 1 from the Rulebook
Pax Extraterrestria: lvl 1 from the convention special packet in the WPN scheduling tool
Trouble in Freesboro: lvl 1 game day adventure
Famine in Far Go: lvl 2-6 expansion pack
Legion of Gold: lvl 6-10 expansion pack
Factory of Misfit Omega Tech: lvl 8-10 Dungeon magazine adventure

Third party:
Quest of the One-Armed Robot: lvl 1 delve by Kerry Jordan
Scales and Salvage: lvl 1 delve by Caoimhe Ora Snow
New Mexico campaign: lvl 1-3 Albuqerque Starport conversion by CoreyHaim8myDog
The Ray-Gun Revolution: lvl 4 scenario by Caoimhe Ora Snow
Underlord of the Roots: lvl 6 delve by Caoimhe Ora Snow

Previous editions:
1st Edition
: GW1-Legion of Gold, GW2-Famine in Far-Go
2nd Edition: GW3-The Cleansing War of Garik Blackhand, GW4-The Mind Masters, GW5-Rapture of the Deep, DM screen -Albuquerque Starport, Rulebook-Rite of Passage
3rd Edition: GW6-Alpha Factor, GW7-Beta Principle, GW8-Gamma Base, GW9-Delta Fragment, GW10-Epsilon Cyborgs, GW11-Omega Project, Adventure Book-Rite of Passage
4th Edition: GWA1-Treasures of the Ancients, GWA2-The Overlord of Bonparr, GWQ1-Mutant Master, GWQ2-All Animals Are Equal, GWQ3-Home Before the Sky Falls
Polyhedron magazine: #5-6 Gamma Mars, #15 Mas Day in New Hope, #79 Evansburg, #92 The Door Islands, #101 Empire of the Sun
Dragon Magazine: #86-87 Gamma World on the moon

Gamma World Inspiration

reserved
Thanks for starting this! We probably should see if we can get it stickied?

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Game Designer, The Queen's Cavaliers

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion

Thanks for starting this! We probably should see if we can get it stickied?

I've put in a request to Custserv, but I'm not sure if there's someone else that can be contacted. Last time I did this (for the Rules Q&A forum) I evidently had access to the right person to sticky it.

I'm pretty sure you can use the "report post" button to request a sticky.  And we most certainly should!

EDIT: Technically not, since the form states that the post violates the TOS.  I suppose it could still be used, buuuuuuuut... 

Can you crawl or charge in Gamma World? Yes. Although these are not in the rulebook, some powers or effects utilize them, so normal D&D rules can be applied.

Suggestion: elaborate on the specifics of this for the people who only bought GW.
Those nice origin cards could be added to the list of links: bit.ly/ftuTz5
Suggestion: elaborate on the specifics of this for the people who only bought GW.

Those nice origin cards could be added to the list of links: bit.ly/ftuTz5

Both excellent suggestions. Done.
Still no word on getting this thread stickied? Do we have any admins for the GW forum?
This is the best thread on the forums.

Any word on links for art? 
I'd like to submit my adventure, Quest of the One-Armed Robot, to the adventure list. You can download it from Google docs.

Kerry
I'd like to submit my adventure, Quest of the One-Armed Robot, to the adventure list. You can download it from Google docs.

Kerry

Awesome (as always). Done.

Since you have a previous editions section to the Adventures, you should probably include the fan-made GW5: Rapture of the Deep and GW11: Omega Project.

Kerry
I'm not clear on the shift rules.  How does shift work?  What are the advantages/disadvantages to shifting squares?

Thanks.
From my understanding (new to 4E) the limitation is that you can only move to one adjacent square. The bennefit is that it doesn't provoke an opportunity attack from an opponent.
What are the advantages/disadvantages to shifting squares?

yeah, like robotrock said, just a much more limited move action that doesn't provoke opportunity attacks. some powers increase the shift distance, but it's the same idea. don't think there are any inherent disadvantages. as for advantages, it's just battle field mobility. gives some strategic placing wiggle room to have attacks capitalize on how the enemy may be positioned in relation to the rest of your party or map traps/hazards.
The "disadvantage" is that you spend a Move action to move (typically) 1 square as opposed to moving your speed.  The advantage is as previously described.

You trade distance for safety. 
Since it keeps coming up as a lack we should have a summary of the D&D Compendium mount rules in this thread:

- - - - -

Mount Rules Summary
* Requirements: Mount must be larger then rider and willing.
* Mounting/Dismounting: Move action from/to an adjacent square.
* Positioning: Rider and mount are considered adjacent and fill same space.  But rider chooses which square within mount his attacks/powers originate from range wise.
* Initiative: Rider and mount share rider's, even after dismount.
* Actions: Rider and mount share just one set of actions and reactions to split between them.
* Mount attacks: -2 penalty while mounted.  Mount will not usual attack (barring self defense) when not ridden.
* Charge: Mount moves twice and rider attacks.
* Targetting: Enemies can target either.
* Opportunity Attacks: If provoked by mount movement, rider can attacked.
* Forced Movement of Mount: Of mount, the rider also moves.  If rider the mount can optionally move, or the rider falls prone at destination.
* Teleportation: If only mount teleports the rider falls prone.
* Falling Prone: If its the mount, the rider falls prone in adjacent square. If its the rider, they can make a save to stay mounted.

- - - - -

I am new to 4E and don't have the D&D 4E books. I am confused about movement as outlined in the illustration on page 21 of the core GW rulebook.  It shows two examples and the "points spend" is different for different parts of the move ( i.e. 1,2 for the first square, etc.) Would someone mind clarifying this for me? Much appreciated....
They are describing difficult terrain. They just don't really label it properly.
OK, so on normal terrain if you can move 4 squares, you move 4 squares....  Thankyou!
OK, so on normal terrain if you can move 4 squares, you move 4 squares....  Thankyou!

Yup! On normal terrain movement is 1-for-1. Difficult terrain makes movement cost double.
Thanks guys - got it :-)
Old School Gamma World Font:
members.fortunecity.com/vadvaro/gamma_wo...

(Bottom RH of page)

*Edited to fix link - Thanks FlashbackJon
Old School Gamma World Font:
members.fortunecity.com/vadvaro/gamma/ga...

File linking issue, but you can get it here: members.fortunecity.com/vadvaro/gamma_wo...

On the character sheet, it says you add your level to the ability modifers in the ability score section. Is that in the rule book? Is it a typo?

By a strict interpretation of that, you would add your level twice for skill checks, once because it adds to ability score bonuses, and again because it adds to the skill roll.
On the character sheet, it says you add your level to the ability modifers in the ability score section. Is that in the rule book? Is it a typo?

By a strict interpretation of that, you would add your level twice for skill checks, once because it adds to ability score bonuses, and again because it adds to the skill roll.

That's for the instances where you need to make, say, a Strength check. It's really Strength + Your Level.

Skill checks are Skill + Ability + Level, as opposed to Skill + (Ability + Level) + Level.
I nominate post #6 for "Gamma World Inspiration," and start with this: ArtOrder's Mutation Nation Challenge.  I know for a fact my players will run into a scuttling grizzly sometime whilst working to unravel the machinations of the Elephantron. 
Does anyone have or know of a list of all Alpha Mutations and Omega Tech (w/ descriptions), preferably in PDF or otherwise?
Does anyone have or know of a list of all Alpha Mutations and Omega Tech (w/ descriptions), preferably in PDF or otherwise?

tinyurl.com/35qln29 It is in the very first post. There is no PDF version as far as I'm aware.