Dungeon 185 - Exploring Q'barra: Part 2, Poison Dusk, Black Sun

13 posts / 0 new
Last post

Dungeon 185
Exploring Q'barra: Part 2, Poison Dusk, Black Sun

by Keith Baker

Every miner in Q'barra knows a story of a caravan or village destroyed by raiders.

Talk about this Article here.

See the Discussion Thread for Part 1 here: community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

AsmodeusLore D&D Insider News Guide Follow Me

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

Even the article is late , this great pic telling it will come when the sun rises high above the jungle.

Great idea and a good way dealing with such delays.

I  love it , and its fantasy.
I think it funny that Lizardfolk use English punctuation, but I like it, too!

Maybe English uses Lizardfolk punctuation.

I heard all the drugstores in Renton are running out of pregnancy tests, on account of Wotc being late so often!!Wink
Is there supposed to be something more than just the picture? It's a nice picture, but I'm confused if that's the entirety of the article.
If you look past the plot and the voice acting, Metroid: Other M was an okay game. Not a great game, but an adequate one. Not using the Metroid item collect jingle though? That, was a mistake.
Is there supposed to be something more than just the picture? It's a nice picture, but I'm confused if that's the entirety of the article.

The picture is a place-holder for the article.  The joke is that lizardfolk have been delayed, and thats why the article is late.

This article is from Dungeon btw.

It's an alright article, but I am a little disappointed there were no new monsters or stat blocks within it.
I agree that some monster blocks would have been nice. Maybe instead of/alongside suggesting a Savage Berserker Lizardfolk, make a statblock for a unique "Bloodrage Lizardfolk" or something.

Other than that, I thought the article was more than a mere "alright". This is the kind of inspiring fluff I want from every Dungeon article. It took a relatively un-addressed section of Eberron and actually has me plotting adventure hooks and ideas for my campaign. Couldn't ask for more (well, except maybe unique monster statblocks :P)
Planes Wanderer

Maybe English uses Lizardfolk punctuation.

You, sir, just blew my mind!

As an Eberron player/DM, I really liked this article to begin with.

But then I start reading it, and it covers an area I've never really looked at seriously in a way I've not thought before and utilizes races I've largely forgotten about?

I loved this article! Even though it didn't include new monster statblocks, it gave me ideas on how to make custom monsters and it was enough to seriously get me considering how I should stat them up.

I definitely know I need to send my players to Q'Barra when they get back from Xen'drik.

Keith continues to do good work.
This article is from Dungeon btw.

It's an alright article, but I am a little disappointed there were no new monsters or stat blocks within it.

This is a fantastic article, I'm going to find more stuff by Keith Baker if this is a good represenation of his work.
Sign In to post comments