The Contest Unto Perpetuity

123 posts / 0 new
Last post
Don't you just hate when things end? I know I do. That's why I've designed this contest, one that will never end!*

It's simple. I'll post a criteria, you make a card that follows it. I'll rate cards on a scale of 1 to 5 (with comments if you're lucky), pick a winner, then start it all over again. Rinse and repeat... forever! Players may come and go as they please, and rounds will end when I grade them. I'll even keep track of the winners for as long as the contest goes on (i.e. forever!) Don't you want to make your mark here, to be echoes throughout the ages?

General Rating Scheme
1/5: Card has serious wording/balance/flavor/something problems
2/5: Not great, but has a kernel of goodness somewhere
3/5: Average
4/5: Very good, just missing that special something
5/5: Great!

*Note: Contest subject to ending eventually
Gridmaster Official Denizen of YmtC || My Lair Diraden, a set by me
Current Round: Round 6

Round 6: Create a card that prefers group work as opposed to solo affairs. (Interpret freely)
Round 5: Create a card with the flavor of celebration.
Round 4: Make a card that is Snow, Snow related, or winter-flavored (no licking of fantasy fantasy cards, please!)
Round 3: Take the mechanics of a Magic 2011 common card and show what that card would be with the mechanics of a hypothetical custom set with the mechanics of your chocie. (i.e. Pretend you were making a set, now make that set's Naturalize or Lightning Bolt variant)
Round 2: Create a card that is young. As always with criteria like this, feel free to interpret loosly.
Round 1: Make a card that is green! It can be more than green, but it needs to be at least green.

Winners
Round 1: Silly_Dragons
Round 2: LunaStik
Round 3: Imidazoline
Round 4: chinkeeyong
Round 5: chinkeeyong

Danor the Tavern Master
Legendary Creature - Human Bard
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on Danor.
Remove X +1/+1 counters from Danor: Search your library for a creature card of converted mana cost X or less, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
"After retiring from adventurering, Danor could always gather people with his tales"
1/1
You can't spell necromancer without a little romance.
Ancient Moss
Enchantment
All lands have ": Add to your mana pool." 
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
Duality |
Instant
Choose up to two creatures. For each of those creatures, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that creature.

------

Singularity |
Sorcery
Each player chooses a creature he or she controls and sacrifices the rest.

It's a split card, of course.
Pack Perpetuity :3mana::G:
Enchantment
Whenever one or more creature you control attacks, you may put a creature card with converted mana cost no higher than the number of attacking creatures from your hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.
I used the contest name as a card. Do I get bonus point?

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
I'm looking forward to seeing how long this lasts.

It's Not Easy Being Green |
Tribal Enchantment - Frog
Frog creatures you control get +3/+3.
Frog creatures you control get -1/-1 for each color among creatures on the battlefield other than green.
Wait, isn't this just like Fake's contest then?

Tal Terig Trailblazers
Creature - Human Scout Ally
, : For each Ally you control, search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. Then, shuffle your library.
"Come brothers and sisters! Perilous as this land may be, untold accolades await us!"
2/3
My Resume
57106328 wrote:

And the trophy for the round goes to:
trophy.png DrJWilson - I really like how all the abilities worked together to create a really sweet card. This will be a popular pick for sure.

57718868 wrote:
1) DrJWilson 2) Silly Dragons 3) Libe
58325628 wrote:
Excellent design. Always loved Doubling Season and this card is an awesome variation on that.
58234648 wrote:
As for the card itself, it is quite possible the best use of mono-red vigilance I've ever seen on the boards. Well done.
58234648 wrote:
Love it.
58234648 wrote:
Very good design.
58025228 wrote:
I love it. Just find a good deck to use it against.
58025228 wrote:
i like it. I can imagine a bear eating a land or something then farting out the land's essence.
58325628 wrote:
Reminds me of a card I was working on earlier. I love the flavor and mechanics of this card. Great design and brilliant concept.
93144081 wrote:
I don't care if the white zombies are off, I just really like this card. Also seems likes its got a backstory I'd like to hear about. Like how I was interested in Anowon, the Ruin Sage before I realized he came from a web comic.
[quote author=64133868 post=462195821]
83237429 wrote:
88993869 wrote:
<3
58021268 wrote:
<4
<5 XD
I am a nonconformist.

Emerald Powerstone :sym2g::sym2g:
Artifact
Whenever you cast a spell, you may put a charge counter on ~.
Remove a charge counter from ~: Target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Certain gems can absorb traces of mana from their surroundings. Over time, they grow to become powerful batteries of mana.
A little bit of courage is the real magic.

Overgrowth Trap

Instant- Trap

If an opponent had 2 or more lands enter the battlefield under his or her control this turn, you may pay rather than pay Overgrowth Trap's mana cost.

Search target opponent's library for any number of lands and put them onto the battlefield tapped. Until the beginning of your opponent's next upkeep, all lands that opponent controls are Forests.

Viridian Kobolds
:0mana:
Creature – Kobold
0/1

Viridian Kobolds is green.

No more dangerous than their erstwhile mountainous cousins.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Llanowar Steed

Creature- Beast
Use only mana from Elf permanents to cast Llanowar Steed.
Only one word can summon the beasts, learned through a haze of immortality.
2/3
Don't you just hate when things end? I know I do. That's why I've designed this contest, one that will never end!*

I wish Sparkwar Heroes would end.

Life Channeling
Sorcery
Search target player's library or graveyard for a creature card and put it onto the battlefield under your control, then that player shuffles his or her library if you searched it.
Life is not just now. It exists even before birth and after death.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Lasting Growth
Instant
Target creatures gets +1/+1 until end of turn. Put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Don't crush just today if you can crush all week long.
About what one can not speak, one must remain silent.

Llanowar Poachers 

Creature- Elf Hunter

: Add one mana of a color that your opponents can produce.

"Nothing tastes better than roasted bird of paradise."

1/1

When I said it wasn't sarcasm, that was probably sarcasm. ~Thor665

Mafia Record

Mafia Games

Mana Symbols

Combat Step

Formatting?- What's that?- http://community.wizards.com/filter/tips

I wish Sparkwar Heroes would end.

I hate you.

But seriously, I don't think it's gonna come back. I'm saving the idea, and will probably restart it in the summer or something. That's why the icon's now greyed out. :P
Timerk -
Creature - Frog
, Sacrifice Timerk: Put target attacking creature on top of it's owner's library. Then, if that creature's controller controls more creatures than you, prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to you this turn.
Famously protective, the tiny timerk hops on top of much larger predators to allow its family time to escape.
1/1

With the long-standing tradition of frogs getting fog effects.
Timerk -
Creature - Frog
, Sacrifice Timerk: Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to you this turn. Put target attacking creature on top of it's owner's library. 
1/1

With the long-standing tradition of frogs getting fog effects. 

I was so hoping someone else would go frogs.
I was so hoping someone else would go frogs.

How could I refuse to use the best green creature type ever?
(Er, aside from Kavu of course. )

Also, I'm bad at designing cards so I changed mine so that it works at least a little better now. 
I'm thinking I'll end this tonight, so if you're himming and hawing about entering, stop himming and start hawing!

Edit: And then post a card!
And then search dictionary.com for what himming and hawing mean.
About what one can not speak, one must remain silent.
Teilen Research (URG)
Instant {C}
Hypothesize (When you play this spell, choose land or nonland and reveal the top card of your library. If it’s the chosen kind, put it into your hand.)
Hypothesize.
Hypothesize.

-(URG) is for tribrid incidentally (Because nobody has ever thought of that before >_>).

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
And then search dictionary.com for what himming and hawing mean.

It might be hemming and hawing, or humming and hawing.
I'ma squeeze in!

Slippery Ooze :2mana::G:
Creature - Ooze
~ is unblockable as long as defending player has three or less creatures.
2/3
Why would you planeswalk when you can planesrun?
58437558 wrote:
Planeswalker, I love you. That's so perfect.
Ego Stroke:
Show
56967648 wrote:
We <3 you, Planesrunner. You're a cool guy.
57545518 wrote:
93497008 wrote:
Rootglave :2mana: Artifact - Equipment Equipped creature gets +1/+1 and has trample :G:: Equipped creature gains Reach until end of turn Equip :1mana:
Ah, the Rootglave. A weapon of power, brimming with the essence of the plants you so adore. With a weapon such as this, one could make every beast tremble as they walked past. They could strike down mountains, and make the flowers sing with the glory. They could make the whole world tremble with their might!
57253798 wrote:
Is it fair that I already am familiar with Vallendar from your other posts? Just to let you know, my girlfriend absolutely ADORES the concept of that set... because she loves music. I think your set could attract a much wider demographic than a magic set normally hits, which is always a good thing. This doesn't impact your score at all, but it is partially what designing a set is about - how much $$$ would that set make? The more people buy, the more you'll make.
Me too!

Recreate - :G::G:
Sorcery
Destroy target land. That land's controller may then search their library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle their library.
Because CKY told me to...
91893448 wrote:
88993869 wrote:
Make a Christmas-themed variant on Mindless Null and sig it.
Loving Null - :2mana::B: Creature - Zombie Loving Null can't block unless an opponent controls a permanent you own. Mindless though it may be, it still understands kindness. 2/2
Overwhelm
Sorcery
Creatures you control gain +3/+3 and trample until end of turn. Then they get +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the highest converted mana cost among permanents your opponents control.
56965458 wrote:
As long as it's random, I really can't see where's the problem. Anyway, there's already a few standard ways for doing this. We listed them in this thread. If someone does the bogey-bogey, eats the cards, waits until they come out, look out the approximate order, place replacements in the same order, calls the president to ask him to give him a string of numbers, puts the card in the given order, then pick the cards in the order given by taking the date of birth of his opponent, reversed, and taking only every other number, then a judge can clearly declare that he's random enough.
56874518 wrote:
The beauty of sarcasm is that when the person using it is totally incorrect, you can just remove the sarcasm and end up with a post that is actually correct.
Overwhelm
Sorcery
Creatures you control gain +3/+3 and trample until end of turn. Then they get +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the highest converted mana cost among permanents your opponents control.

Overwhelm :/
Overwhelm
Sorcery

Don't go criticizing my lack of name creativity xP
That's the hardest part for me. Pretend I gave it another more interesting name that fits xD
56965458 wrote:
As long as it's random, I really can't see where's the problem. Anyway, there's already a few standard ways for doing this. We listed them in this thread. If someone does the bogey-bogey, eats the cards, waits until they come out, look out the approximate order, place replacements in the same order, calls the president to ask him to give him a string of numbers, puts the card in the given order, then pick the cards in the order given by taking the date of birth of his opponent, reversed, and taking only every other number, then a judge can clearly declare that he's random enough.
56874518 wrote:
The beauty of sarcasm is that when the person using it is totally incorrect, you can just remove the sarcasm and end up with a post that is actually correct.
Overwhelm
Sorcery

That's the hardest part for me. Pretend I gave it another more interesting name that fits xD

How about calling it "Trample"? Surprisingly that name isn't taken yet. And it fits.
91893448 wrote:
88993869 wrote:
Loving Null - :2mana::B: Creature - Zombie Loving Null can't block unless an opponent controls a permanent you own. Mindless though it may be, it still understands kindness. 2/2
Overwhelm
Sorcery

How about calling it "Trample"? Surprisingly that name isn't taken yet. And it fits.

LOL :rolf:
overwhelming trample

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Overwhelm
Sorcery

LOL
overwhelming trample

91893448 wrote:
88993869 wrote:
Grades!
jordhard: Maybe a little good, but flavor/legendaryness/power creep can probably let it slide.
4/5

Fallingman: An alright, if simple, variation on the Vernal Bloom/Heartbeat of Spring family.
3/5

Hippie: Hard to gauge the power of the green part, but the wrath seems quite good at only 1 colored mana when it can leave you with your best dude.
2/5

theatog: What terrible flavor text ;). "Less than or equal to"? Seems balanced.
3/5

Imidazoline: Omnibian can has 6/6? Hard to judge due to the semi-seriousness.
2/5

DrJWilson: Compare Frontier Guide. This blows that out of the water even with no other allies.
2/5

Silly_Dragons: Flavor text a tad weak, but otherwise a very nice card. I'd like to see the cycle.
5/5

FiveMinuteCatNap: Under whose control? If yours, way too good, as you lock them out. If theirs (which I suspect was meant), it's too costly to be a significant combo piece (which is all it can do).
2/5

chinkeeyong: Ha, Ha. But, Memnite?
2/5

turnip_song: Neato Bandito.
4/5

Mown: Oh man my Nath EDHCommander deck wants this so bad.
5/5

Zannad: I think I thought of this as well in one of my unposted sets. On one hand, Battlegrowth. On the other, Battlegrowth is bad.
3/5

PeregrineV: I'm not so sure if the wording quite works, but I get the idea. Could probably be 1G to match the converted cost of Fellwar Stone.
3/5

Gardevior: "Time-Erk" or "Tim-Erk"? The pronunciation is bothering me... Oh, the card? Quite good, but the opponent can see it coming, makes for interesting combat.
4/5

RPJesus: Statistically, you can choose nonland all three times and usually get 2 cards. For 1 mana, especially in three colors, a little too good. Also, you dont say what happens with the card if you're wrong. It goes back to the top and you guarantee getting it right on the second try?
3/5

Planesrunner: For some reason, the mechanic feels right, even when I don't think it should.
3/5

Test-Subject_217601: The double green hurts it if you want to use it on yourself for color fixing (which is the only reason to use it on yourself), but it's a good card.
4/5

LunaStik: The second part just seems tacked on and doesn't really jive with the first. Why +3, then +X? Why not lower the cost and just the X part? Or, let the opponent tutor up a creature, then the X part?
2/5

Winnar
Round 1 goes to Silly_Dragons, with Emerald Powerstone!

Round 2: Create a card that is young. As always with criteria like this, feel free to interpret loosly.
Also, you dont say what happens with the card if you're wrong. It goes back to the top and you guarantee getting it right on the second try?

Well, it never actually leaves the top of the library, so yeah, pretty much.
*schemes r2 entry* 

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Magician's Apprentice
Creature - Human Wizard
Whenever an instant or sorcery card is put into the graveyard from the stack, you may pay :3mana:. If you do, exile it.
:xmana:, :symtap:: Copy target card exiled with ~ with convert mana cost X or less. You may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.
A blank slate holds infinite potential.
2/2
Youth |
Creature - Incarnation
At the beginning of each end step, remove all counters from among creatures you control.
2/2
Reckless Daredevil :2mana::R:
Creature - Goblin 
~ attacks each turn if able.
Whenever ~ is dealt damage, put a token that's a copy of ~ onto the battlefield.
Being young and reckless knows no bound.
4/1

I hope i got the color right: Red justify self copy and Green justify the pseudo-indestructible effect.

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Lion Cub

Creature – Cat
2/2

"O the lion, cat of kings! How its roar gives the dragon pause, and how its mane makes the sun weep."
–Bellor

(You can tell I'm not really trying.)

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Early Results :U::U:
Sorcery
Draw three cards. Skip your next draw step.
"We have to get in, while the dig site is still young. Otherwise, who knows what might happen?"
- Darren, Riptide Scientist
Why would you planeswalk when you can planesrun?
58437558 wrote:
Planeswalker, I love you. That's so perfect.
Ego Stroke:
Show
56967648 wrote:
We <3 you, Planesrunner. You're a cool guy.
57545518 wrote:
93497008 wrote:
Rootglave :2mana: Artifact - Equipment Equipped creature gets +1/+1 and has trample :G:: Equipped creature gains Reach until end of turn Equip :1mana:
Ah, the Rootglave. A weapon of power, brimming with the essence of the plants you so adore. With a weapon such as this, one could make every beast tremble as they walked past. They could strike down mountains, and make the flowers sing with the glory. They could make the whole world tremble with their might!
57253798 wrote:
Is it fair that I already am familiar with Vallendar from your other posts? Just to let you know, my girlfriend absolutely ADORES the concept of that set... because she loves music. I think your set could attract a much wider demographic than a magic set normally hits, which is always a good thing. This doesn't impact your score at all, but it is partially what designing a set is about - how much $$$ would that set make? The more people buy, the more you'll make.

Aspiring Recruit |
Creature
- Human Solider
Aspiring Recruit gets +1/+0 and haste if it has the lowest converted mana cost among nonland permanents you control. 
1/2

The wave of seemingly endless goblins washed ever closer. He checked his sword, then gripped his spear tightly. He grinned. This was his day.

(You can tell I'm not really trying.)

Funny, looks to me like you're trying your hardest. (Oh snap! ;))
I never really try. I'm just in for the fun xD

Memstruct :0mana:
Artifact Creature - Construct
At the beginning of the end step, return ~ to your hand.
The little thing is afraid to leave the protection of home. We shall fix that in time.
0/1
56965458 wrote:
56874518 wrote: