GW "delves" available?

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Okay, I admit it...I am a bad person. I've got a nascent GW group, and I've promised to run a game this Saturday. Never mind that I've got nothing prepared and far too much on my plate at work. (I had been hoping that "Famine in Far-Go" would have been available by now, but no. This is where the lack of GW product support really sucks.) They've done "Freesboro," and enough of them have the rulebook that I assume they've read the sample adventure.

Are there any GW "delves" available in the fan community? I know that there are plenty of adventures from previous editions, but if I had time to convert one of them, I'd have time to make my own from scratch. Not looking for anything fancy, just three linked encounters that I can lift.

You have until Saturday, right? 

I will try to hook you up.

Full color maps I can't do, but I can get you something.

What level characters and how many for budgeting purposes? 
I'm no expert in GMing, but I have also started my own GW campaign. What I've done is put the players together in an arena run by slavers. The first two sessions were combat-driven, getting the players used to Gamma World vs regular D&D 4e and to start working as a group. You don't have to worry about how the players know each other since they were all captured and forced to fight in the arena.

Ancient junk can be thrown down like flowers as a reward, you can hide Omega Tech in the arena to see which PC can get to it first, etc.

The good thing about arena fights is that you can choose an appropriate number of monsters to fight based on your party's level and composition. The fight can take up an entire session and you're golden.

What I'm doing is setting up 2-3 fights to take the group to level 2 then they're given the quest of breaking out of captivity.

For my first game, I used a heroclix arena. The second game, I pulled out my heroscape terrain. I called this Terrain Flux. The next game will be another paper map for their cages/cells and heroscape terrain for the escape route.

That's my idea. You could always look at the D&D 4e redbox for a quick adventure idea.
They've done "Freesboro," and enough of them have the rulebook that I assume they've read the sample adventure.

Are there any GW "delves" available

Have they already done the 'Pax Extraterrestria' adventure?

Thanks, all. Not familiar with Pax Extraterrestria; where can that be found? The arena idea is also a good one.

Not sure how many I'll have. These are people who showed up for the Freesboro event I ran at my FLGS, and they've expressed interest in forming a group. I figure that I can plan for four, and add or subtract creatures as needed. All they've done is Freesboro, which I don't have in front of me at the moment; not sure if that's enough XP to get them to 2nd level.

You could always take a 4E D&D module and file off the serial numbers.  Kobolds become mutated chihuahua men, fireball wands become flamethrowers, magic becomes mutant powers (change the special effects), a dungeon becomes the ruins of a mall, or the subterranean passages under an office complex.  Change some things to robots, mutated plants, irradiated zombies and a random encounter with a knight of purity and you are golden.

Okay, I will see what I can do about getting you something Friday-ish. 
Not familiar with Pax Extraterrestria; where can that be found?

'Gamma World Pax Extraterrestria.pdf' is a special adventure usually only available in the convention special packet via the WPN scheduling tool (so I guess it might be difficult to get).

'Gamma World Pax Extraterrestria.pdf' is a special adventure usually only available in the convention special packet via the WPN scheduling tool (so I guess it might be difficult to get).

Charming. It's one of only three published adventures--one of which is pretty much unusable if more than one person in the group has the rulebook--available for their spiffy new RPG and it's locked inside a gated community? Yay.

(And the Internet has let me down on this one. Nothing about "Pax Extraterrestria" turning up on a web search other than about 100 links to the same article about someone running the adventure.)

BTW, Caz_Granberg, I don't expect anyone to actually write a scenario for me! I was just hoping that the community might have a clearinghouse for fan-created delves!
i think if they read the adventure in the back of the book, and know they are a player, then that is their problem. if they say i've read this all ready, say well you are not a DM(and/or planned on running this adventure).

and if i plan to be in that adventure, i will not read it. it is their problem if the spoil it for themselves. 
Ask and ye shall receive...

This thread got me to get off my rear and finish something I'd been meaning to work on before but hadn't taken the time yet.

Here's the first Gamma Delve I've written, "Scales and Salvage", a three-encounter mini-adventure for level 1 characters in PDF format:

boldpueblo.com/downloads/gammaworld/GW-d...

Enjoy!

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Game Designer, The Queen's Cavaliers

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion

This thread got me to get off my rear and finish something I'd been meaning to work on before but hadn't taken the time yet.

Here's the first Gamma Delve I've written, "Scales and Salvage", a three-encounter mini-adventure for level 1 characters in PDF format:
Enjoy!

OK, you're officially awesome!

Very nice! I can't wait to give it a go!

Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playing 5E D&D and liking it! OD&D player since 1975

Enjoy!

Random Q: how did you put in extradimensional for the creature origin or laser for keywords in Adventure Tools?  Did you just edit it later or something?
I edited the origin after I pasted the rich text into OpenOffice, but it was easy to add the laser keyword -- the dropdown box for keywords (on both creature type and power) accepts arbitrary keywords typed into it, so you can just fill in whatever you want there to add your own keywords.

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Game Designer, The Queen's Cavaliers

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion

Perfect, thanks.  

Here's hoping the web-based monster builder gets to be a little more open-ended. 

Enjoy!

OK, you're officially awesome!

I SECOND THAT.