11/30/2010 SF: "A Forge Well Stoked"

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Serious Fun, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Strata Scythe is pretty much just worse than Nightmare Lash in that shadow deck.

Also, Ashnod's Altar seems better than Culling Dais for the Ula's Temple deck. Get some mana going to hardcast those Leviathans, yeah?
And if I suspect right, resident combo constructor Jacob Van Lunen will have some more treats withMimic Vat Thursday.

Looks like someone has his columns mixed up.
For the deck contest... is it a requirement to use imprint in the deck?

I hope he wasn't suggesting using Extraplanar Lens with Cloudpost, considering that it would have exactly the same effect as leaving the cloudpost in play, but with one less post to tap. Eh, he was probably just talking about it's awesome combo with Vesuva.

So how do we email the decklist for the contest?  The article gives no email address.
-------------------------------------------------------------- "TAKE EVERYONE'S KEYS. Things are about to get awesome." -Steve Argyle
For the deck contest... is it a requirement to use imprint in the deck?

No. Use anything you like!
So how do we email the decklist for the contest?  The article gives no email address.

There is a link at the bottom "Respond Via Email" and when you click it you are prompted with a box with descriptive blanks to fill in.  Your deck list can go right there!
And if I suspect right, resident combo constructor Jacob Van Lunen will have some more treats with Mimic Vat Thursday.

Looks like someone has his columns mixed up.

My brain crossed wires.  From the Lab is on Thursday, written by Noel deCordova, and definitely produces combo-riffic good stuff.  However I know with 99% certainty that Jacob Van Lunen, who definitely writes Building on a Budget on Wednesdays, is doing something more provocative with Mimic Vat tomorrow.
Adam Styborski Writer for Serious Fun Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/the_stybs
Quick Mimic Vat combo:  Imprint a Cathodion, have a Dross Scorpion in play, add any sacrifice engine, profit.
My New Phyrexia Writing Credits My M12 Writing Credits
As far as the benefit of the rest of Magic is concerned, gold cards in Legends were executed perfectly. They got all the excitement a designer could hope out of a splashy new mechanic without using up any of the valuable design space. Truly amazing. --Aaron Forsythe's Random Card Comment on Kei Takahashi
Sign In to post comments