Yet another custom character sheet....

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spent some time last night messing around in Pages - part of the iWork suite on Mac OSX. Was very easy to put together a good looking character sheet in only a couple of hours. 

I know we don't exactly need any more.. but in my defense, it was fun.  

UPDATE:

Here they all are, so you dont need to scroll through the thread.

Original full-colour: db.tt/AFxge14

Printer-friendly version: db.tt/N7VD4nV

Electronic Form version: db.tt/E6QIZQ6

Electronic form isnt perfect, but eh, first attempt

I like it a lot!

What I am looking for is a character sheet that is combat ready. By that I mean has everything  I need in combat right in front of me. That includes origin powers.
Yeah, thats my plan for Page 2! Laughing
That's a great looking sheet!

Gamma World Downloads: Character sheets, GM screen, adventures, monsters, house rules, cards, and more! You can usually find my posts at the Gamma World forum.

Okay, here's my update for the evening.

Added the second page stuff - any ideas for the bit in the middle?

where's Stealth?

hidden, for sure :p

btw, great sheet, can we have a printable PDF? cheers!

PS: for the middle... mh... character portrait!

My RPG Campaigns

I joke that D&D Next is what happens when, A Christmas Carol-like, 3rd & 4th edition's ghosts travel back in time to an evening near the end of AD&D 2E's life, and say "this is what is coming" and so AD&D 2E heads off in a different direction. So, it's like alt-reality AD&D 3rd, maybe?Cam Banks

I like it!
where's Stealth?

hidden, for sure :p

btw, great sheet, can we have a printable PDF? cheers!

OMG i cant believe i missed that! xD

And as for a printable PDF... well, here you go!

Charactersheet in Google Docs

Form-fillable version coming soon!

Black and White version for easy printing, pwetty pwease?

My RPG Campaigns

I joke that D&D Next is what happens when, A Christmas Carol-like, 3rd & 4th edition's ghosts travel back in time to an evening near the end of AD&D 2E's life, and say "this is what is coming" and so AD&D 2E heads off in a different direction. So, it's like alt-reality AD&D 3rd, maybe?Cam Banks

Yeah, you need a character portrait.

I am a very, very strong believer in character portraits on Gamma World sheets! I require all my players to draw their characters.

Gamma World Downloads: Character sheets, GM screen, adventures, monsters, house rules, cards, and more! You can usually find my posts at the Gamma World forum.

I'll see what i can do.

Yeah, you need a character portrait.

I am a very, very strong believer in character portraits on Gamma World sheets! I require all my players to draw their characters.

Working on it!
Love it! Thanks!
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
I was searching for a GW character sheet I actually liked, and yours fit the bill quite well. I (and my players tonight) thank you!

Its not black and white (cuz thats just dull xD), but its a lot lighter, and should be a lot easier to print.

If you want it in black and white, you can just fudge the print settings to get the same effect.

docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B52h3SaNBsXENjk...

Wow! I normally don't use custom character sheets--unless I just really hate the standard sheets I make do. However, these are awesome. We'll be using these, thanks!! Laughing
I really like this character sheet!

If I had my wish, there is only one thing I would change.

I would move gear to the back of the sheet and give some room under "weapons" for players to list additional attacks or combat powers from their origins (or salvage) so that all combat actions (including charge or other universal abilities) were listed in one area for new players to find.

I think that change would not interfere with any other functionality and would make it more universal for new players.

Can't wait for the fillable form version!!!
Keep up the great work!
I can't seem to open the 2nd link.
I really like this character sheet!

If I had my wish, there is only one thing I would change.

I would move gear to the back of the sheet and give some room under "weapons" for players to list additional attacks or combat powers from their origins (or salvage) so that all combat actions (including charge or other universal abilities) were listed in one area for new players to find.

I think that change would not interfere with any other functionality and would make it more universal for new players.

Can't wait for the fillable form version!!!
Keep up the great work!

So the second sheet would be the two origins and the gear / junk list, with character information being relegated to a third sheet? (Which is in production, btw )

I can't seem to open the 2nd link.

Here, give it another try:
docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B52h3SaNBsXENjk...
That link doesn't seem to work either. At least not for me.

I think you could do it all with 2 sheets. 1st sheet has all pertenent combat information with the right third being open for different attack types or combat manuevers. Just move the gear and items to the back middle or even make room in the origin areas since the combat manuevers have been moved to the front.

Just a thought. That is what my "ULTIMATE" Gamma World character sheet would have.
OK, nuts to google docs - I've put them up on Dropbox.

Full colour: db.tt/AFxge14

Printer friendly: db.tt/N7VD4nV 
Updated the first post with links to all three, including the finished PDF form!

Still planning on making a third page, dedicated entirely to biographical stuff and a picture and whatnot  
Brilliant Sheet! I was working on a Form type one also, and it is offical... I am dumping working on mine yours looks better! :D

I think I noticed, your form does not auto calculate the Modifiers. Here is the script code I used in my sheet:

var f = this.getField("STR");
g = f.value;
h = ((g - (g % 2)) - 10) / 2;
if (h > 0) { h = "+" + h };
event.value = h;

The "STR" would be whatever the fieldname of the Ability you are calulating in that field.
Brilliant Sheet! I was working on a Form type one also, and it is offical... I am dumping working on mine yours looks better! :D

I think I noticed, your form does not auto calculate the Modifiers. Here is the script code I used in my sheet

Sheet has been updated accordingly. Thank you!

I think your Bonuses in the Skills are not working now.

EDIT: Disregard. I let it sit and moved around on the form and it eventually fixed them. This is the same thing that happened on my old 3.5 form... and possibly could be because of my old version of Acrobat.

I think your Bonuses in the Skills are not working now.

EDIT: Disregard. I let it sit and moved around on the form and it eventually fixed them. This is the same thing that happened accationally on my old 3.5 form... and possibly could be because of my old version of Acrobat.

Its probably the custom Javascript stuff I had to put in so that it showed the numbers with + or - values in front.
Yeah, if the bonuses don't show right away, all you have to do is something that forces it to recalculate, like change level temporality. It recalculates, then you can change it back.

Once again, my Acrobat for Mac is like 2 versions old. No one else might have this issue.

Also FYI, I had a script also for a check box that would change which ability bonus it used on a stat.

In 3.5 I used it for base attack two swap to Dexterity when a character had Finesse. This could be used also to automate the choices for FORT, REF and WILL.

If it was used, people could click the checkbox for "INT" for example and it would use INT in the Reflex bonus... actually, it could also use the same box to automate the AC bonus too. Since you do not have a checkbox already in place, this might be more of a pain than it is worth.

If you are intestested, I would have to look through an external hard drive at home. I think it is on the backup from from my old laptop last year.
Yah, i'm not looking to go that nuts with it - especially since I can only work on the pdf form at work, and only work on the actual sheet graphics at home
Yeah, I hear ya. I might do some playing around with it over the next couple weeks. If I get it working sweet, I might PM you and show it to you in a link to see what you think. Might be easier to just leave it manual.