How do these two feats interact? If at all..

7 posts / 0 new
Last post

Risky Charge
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Warlord, Bravura Presence class feature
Benefit: When you charge, you can choose to use this feat. If the charge attack hits, you also knock the enemy prone. If the attack misses, the enemy can make a melee basic attack against you as a free action.

Quote:

Surprising Charge
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Dex 17, fighter or rogue
Benefit: When you make a charge attack against a target that is granting combat advantage to you, the attack deals 1[W] extra damage if you hit with a light blade or a spear.

First off, lets assume I am some sort of Fighter/Warlord multiclass hybrid thingy and can take both feats...

I charge an enemy with a spear. Prior to my charge action, he was not prone nor was he giving me combat advantage. Lets say I hit, and Risky Charge kicks in, which now knocks him prone. Prone gives combat advantage. Obviously I already made the attack roll, so its too late for the +2 to hit from CA to kick in.

1) Do I still deal the extra 1[W] damage with the spear?
2) Does the damage get rolled prior to the charge attacking knocking the target prone, or after?

Well worth taking both though anyway, for a super charger.
Take Cunning Stalker if you can. If the target is not adjacent to anyone then he grants CA to you and those 2 feats you mentioned in the OP will both work.
Take Cunning Stalker if you can. If the target is not adjacent to anyone then he grants CA to you and those 2 feats you mentioned in the OP will both work.

Where can I find Cunning Stalker?  This a feat or power?  What book or class has it?  Can't seem t ofind in the compendium
hofk isn't in the compendium yet, it's a feat.
Interestingly enough this works exceptionally well with the Gouge.

Half-Orc Hybrid Barbarian-Fighter, level 4, Hybrid talent: Fighter Combat Style (Arena Fighting), (Gauntlet Axe for +1 shielding, Gouge for 2d6 brutal one spear), Surprising Charge for the damage, Hewing Charge for alot *MORE* damage, and Badge of the berserker for consistancy and the ability to not die.

Huzzah for fun!
Sign In to post comments