11/19/2010 TWTW: "Meet the December Twelve"

6 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's The Week That Was, which goes live Friday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Haha, nice way to imply that Christopher O'Bryant started out with Yugioh. I like that the dailymtg guys can slip in sly references like that.
You do realize that L1X0, and not Bing Luke is the Modo player of the year, right?
Sene, Matsmatsmatsmatsmats and AkademikaRector on MtGO.
You do realize that L1X0, and not Bing Luke is the Modo player of the year, right?

Probably just that there's no better succinct way to say "Winner of the Magic Online Player of the Year Invitational".
With the possibility of being the first American Player of the Year in ten years

You are just the best. I mean, there are probably not a single non-american reading this column.
Go Jingo!

Haha, nice way to imply that Christopher O'Bryant started out with Yugioh. I like that the dailymtg guys can slip in sly references like that.

I just read this article now, and that jumped out at me too.

O'Bryant came to Magic after getting his start playing a children's card game.  "I would see other players with cards from a different game and they got me interested in Magic."

Yes, who among us can't relate to hours spent playing [OTHER GAME]?  I find that my skills from [REDACTED] help me with my Magic brand Magic cards when playing Magic:the Gathering, because as a Wizards of the Coast product Magic is just superior to [GAME NAME] in every way you'd expect a Hasbro product like Magic to be!

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.

Sign In to post comments