Web CB BUG THREAD

197 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'll start.

1. Hybrids cannot select any powers.
2. CB freezes when I select an encounter power for a mage.
3. Mages cannot select any previously published wizard powers, meaning that you can't actually make a legal pyromancer.
Oh Content, where art thou?
4. Doesn't want to print a character sheet.
5. Gray screens and hangs when trying to print a character sheet to PDF.
6. Character sheet doesn't display Powers or Power cards on either Essentials or CB format.
7. Errors each time I try to add XP and save.
8. After adding XP, only the Save Copy button enabled.
Balance = Equally effective, but different, ways of reaching a goal or overcoming an obstacle.
9. Imported character shows a level 1 daily power as "Replaced" but no where does it show what it was replaced with/by (and see also #6 above).
Balance = Equally effective, but different, ways of reaching a goal or overcoming an obstacle.
Can't even launch it in Firefox. I'm getting  javascript:void(null); and it does not open.  I am about to contact customer support.

couple Issue with Screenshot posted there
Can't even launch it in Firefox. I'm getting  javascript:void(null); and it does not open.  I am about to contact customer support.

Have you tried not opening it in a new window or tab?  Instead of middle mouse clicking or trying to open in a new window, just click the link normally.
11. Doesn't remember my option selections, I have to select 'additional options' EVERY TIME for EVERY GAME ELEMENT I want access to all the other stuff for. If I ever load that back up, I have to reselect, it doesn't remember my checks.

12. #3 again: Pyromancers cannot select any legal at-will wizard powers even with 'additional options' selected.

EDIT: 13: Vecna.wizards.com keeps freezing.
Get this dialogue when I try to pick a feat:

System.ServiceModel.FaultException: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value)
   at WotC.XAMLUtilities.PropertyUpdatePropertyData.GetPropertyValue[TValueType](IDataSource dataSource, TValueType& value) in e:\DDiApps\trunk\CharBuilderEssentials\DDiApps\CharBuilderEssentials\trunk\XAMLUtilities\NotificationProperties\PropertyUpdatePropertyData.cs:line 278
   at stupid(Object )
   at WotC.XAMLUtilities.LazyAttribute.CreateValue(Object owner) in e:\DDiApps\trunk\CharBuilderEssentials\DDiApps\CharBuilderEssentials\trunk\XAMLUtilities\Attributes\LazyAttribute.cs:line 52
   at WotC.XAMLUtilities.BaseEnsureValueAttribute.GetPropertyValue[T](Object owner, IDataSource dataSource, T& value) in e:\DDiApps\trunk\CharBuilderEssentials\DDiApps\CharBuilderEssentials\trunk\XAMLUtilities\Attributes\BaseEnsureValueAttribute.cs:line 43
   at WotC.XAMLUtilities.PropertyUpdatePropertyData.GetPropertyValue[TValueType](IDataSource dataSource, TValueType& value) in e:\DDiApps\trunk\CharBuilderEssentials\DDiApps\CharBuilderEssentials\trunk\XAMLUtilities\NotificationProperties\PropertyUpdatePropertyData.cs:line 289
   at WotC.WebServiceUtilities.Server.PerformanceCounterOperation.BeforeCall(String operationName, Object[] inputs) in e:\DDiApps\trunk\CharBuilderEssentials\DDiApps\CharBuilderEssentials\trunk\WebServiceUtilities.Server\PerformanceCounterBehavior.cs:line 346
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InspectInputsCore(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndCall(String action, Object[] outs, IAsyncResult result)
   at System.ServiceModel.ClientBase`1.ChannelBase`1.EndInvoke(String methodName, Object[] args, IAsyncResult result)
   at WotC.CharBuilder.DataModel.D20Workspace.D20WorkspaceServiceClient.D20WorkspaceServiceClientChannel.EndApply(IAsyncResult result)
   at WotC.CharBuilder.DataModel.D20Workspace.D20WorkspaceServiceClient.WotC.CharBuilder.DataModel.D20Workspace.ID20WorkspaceService.EndApply(IAsyncResult result)
   at WotC.XAMLUtilities.GeneralHelpers.<>c__DisplayClasse`2.b__d(IAsyncResult ar)
   at WotC.XAMLUtilities.GeneralHelpers.<>c__DisplayClass5`1.<>c__DisplayClass7.<>c__DisplayClass9.b__3()

EDIT: Just lost my character. I got that error picking the feat 'burn everything' and now the CB crashes whenever I load that character.
Can't find Battle Harness in it
On Firefox 3.6.12:

Import was not successful

Changed to:

system: IE8

Firefox Import completed !?

Program halted when tried to select a custom item.

Character Sheet doesn't show powers on imported character.

Tried again in Firefox:

Recover failure of imported character.

Conclusion, better use IE !

---

Cannot change Portrait !?!

---

IE8:

Import character... program halt... reboot program... Recover human ranger... many part seem missing !?

Add Mannerisms and Appearance field too short.
Sent Bug Report:

Mage gets Leather Armor by default.  Try to remove/sell of equip it and you get a ArgumentNullException.

If you're building an Essentials Mage, just leave it in for now.
The CB is now dead to me. No, seriously, I tried to 'discard character' the one that got the big giant error from picking a feat, and that big giant error comes up. I now CANNOT use the CB at all.

System.ServiceModel.FaultException: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at WotC.XAMLUtilities.PropertyUpdatePropertyData.GetPropertyValue[TValueType](IDataSource dataSource, TValueType& value) in e:\DDiApps\trunk\CharBuilderEssentials\DDiApps\CharBuilderEssentials\trunk\XAMLUtilities\NotificationProperties\PropertyUpdatePropertyData.cs:line 278
   at stupid(Object )
   at WotC.XAMLUtilities.LazyAttribute.CreateValue(Object owner) in e:\DDiApps\trunk\CharBuilderEssentials\DDiApps\CharBuilderEssentials\trunk\XAMLUtilities\Attributes\LazyAttribute.cs:line 52
   at WotC.XAMLUtilities.BaseEnsureValueAttribute.GetPropertyValue[T](Object owner, IDataSource dataSource, T& value) in e:\DDiApps\trunk\CharBuilderEssentials\DDiApps\CharBuilderEssentials\trunk\XAMLUtilities\Attributes\BaseEnsureValueAttribute.cs:line 43
   at WotC.XAMLUtilities.PropertyUpdatePropertyData.GetPropertyValue[TValueType](IDataSource dataSource, TValueType& value) in e:\DDiApps\trunk\CharBuilderEssentials\DDiApps\CharBuilderEssentials\trunk\XAMLUtilities\NotificationProperties\PropertyUpdatePropertyData.cs:line 289
   at WotC.WebServiceUtilities.Server.PerformanceCounterOperation.BeforeCall(String operationName, Object[] inputs) in e:\DDiApps\trunk\CharBuilderEssentials\DDiApps\CharBuilderEssentials\trunk\WebServiceUtilities.Server\PerformanceCounterBehavior.cs:line 346
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InspectInputsCore(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndCall(String action, Object[] outs, IAsyncResult result)
   at System.ServiceModel.ClientBase`1.ChannelBase`1.EndInvoke(String methodName, Object[] args, IAsyncResult result)
   at WotC.CharBuilder.DataModel.D20Workspace.D20WorkspaceServiceClient.D20WorkspaceServiceClientChannel.EndApply(IAsyncResult result)
   at WotC.CharBuilder.DataModel.D20Workspace.D20WorkspaceServiceClient.WotC.CharBuilder.DataModel.D20Workspace.ID20WorkspaceService.EndApply(IAsyncResult result)
   at WotC.XAMLUtilities.GeneralHelpers.<>c__DisplayClass5`1.<>c__DisplayClass7.<>c__DisplayClass9.b__3()
I seem to lock the builder when i select Summoner's Tome in the inventory
4. Error: Template Not Found

I created a 30th level slayer with the New button from the start. After viewing it, saving it, and printing it, I returned to Home. Then, I chose New again and hit an exception.

Here's all I can see that's allowed to display in the Silverlight window. Could you enable copy/paste for these exception stacks?

Error: Template Not Found
DefaultStyle
System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: [HttpWebRequest_
Arguments: NotFound
Debugging resource strings are unavilable. Often the key and argu
  at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.InternalEndGetR
  at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.< >c__DisplayCl
  at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.< >c__DisplayClass2.  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.BeginOnUI(SendOrPostCallba
  at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse
  at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpReques
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

In Firefox 3.6.12, my authentication frequently times out during the loading screen.  

In Safari 5.0.2, I get the following error when I try to progress past the "select campaign setting"/"select starting level" screen:
Silverlight error feedback
   at stupid(Object )
Point buy is wicked slow.
Khopesh missing from items.  Strike that, the market place defaults to "Show Suggested Items". This should be an option not the default. (unless you're making an e-class but there's already a special mode for that)
Why are there two screens for Market Place and Inventory? Can't I just buy an item and equip it quickly?
Item filtering is REALLY ANNOYING!
Mouse doesn't scroll.
You cannot De-Level your character.
Cannot remove power cards from character sheet. I don't need a card for my MBA/RBA just a line on the sheet like the old sheet had, especially if I don't play an e-class.
I am getting an error on importing a character. I am quite disappointed by Wizard's lack of a good error reporting mechanism. Even the "contact customer service" link in the error report is broken.

System.ServiceModel.FaultException: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value)   at WotC.XAMLUtilities.PropertyUpdatePropertyData.GetPropertyValue[TValueType](IDataSource dataSource, TValueType& value) in e:\DDiApps\trunk\CharBuilderEssentials\DDiApps\CharBuilderEssentials\trunk\XAMLUtilities\NotificationProperties\PropertyUpdatePropertyData.cs:line 278   at stupid(Object )   at WotC.XAMLUtilities.LazyAttribute.CreateValue(Object owner) in e:\DDiApps\trunk\CharBuilderEssentials\DDiApps\CharBuilderEssentials\trunk\XAMLUtilities\Attributes\LazyAttribute.cs:line 52   at WotC.XAMLUtilities.BaseEnsureValueAttribute.GetPropertyValue[T](Object owner, IDataSource dataSource, T& value) in e:\DDiApps\trunk\CharBuilderEssentials\DDiApps\CharBuilderEssentials\trunk\XAMLUtilities\Attributes\BaseEnsureValueAttribute.cs:line 43   at WotC.XAMLUtilities.PropertyUpdatePropertyData.GetPropertyValue[TValueType](IDataSource dataSource, TValueType& value) in e:\DDiApps\trunk\CharBuilderEssentials\DDiApps\CharBuilderEssentials\trunk\XAMLUtilities\NotificationProperties\PropertyUpdatePropertyData.cs:line 289   at WotC.WebServiceUtilities.Server.PerformanceCounterOperation.BeforeCall(String operationName, Object[] inputs) in e:\DDiApps\trunk\CharBuilderEssentials\DDiApps\CharBuilderEssentials\trunk\WebServiceUtilities.Server\PerformanceCounterBehavior.cs:line 346   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InspectInputsCore(MessageRpc& rpc)   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndCall(String action, Object[] outs, IAsyncResult result)   at System.ServiceModel.ClientBase`1.ChannelBase`1.EndInvoke(String methodName, Object[] args, IAsyncResult result)   at WotC.CharBuilder.DataModel.D20Workspace.D20WorkspaceServiceClient.D20WorkspaceServiceClientChannel.EndApply(IAsyncResult result)   at WotC.CharBuilder.DataModel.D20Workspace.D20WorkspaceServiceClient.WotC.CharBuilder.DataModel.D20Workspace.ID20WorkspaceService.EndApply(IAsyncResult result)   at WotC.XAMLUtilities.GeneralHelpers.<>c__DisplayClasse`2.b__d(IAsyncResult ar)   at WotC.XAMLUtilities.GeneralHelpers.<>c__DisplayClass5`1.<>c__DisplayClass7.<>c__DisplayClass9.b__3() 
Ki foci anf ammunitions are missing?
- Back-to-back timeout errors within seconds of loading or "recovering" the build.
- Discarded build, after about 20 attempts at recovery, and now getting errors at random places in creation process.
System.ServiceModel.FaultException: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value
   at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.set_CategoryName(String value)
   at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
   at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, Boolean readOnly)
   at stupid(Object )

Window XP Service Pack 3
IE 8.0.6001.18702
I am getting the same index out of bounds exception in Safari as has already been reported in this thread.
1. Mouse scroll is not working
2. Crashes often on loading character and in inventory
3. Failed to import character correctly - dropped some skills and feats randomely
No option to allow divine classes in Dark Sun for those of us who want to play an Invoker or Avenger with the Elemental Priest theme.

Essentials classes with power selection can't choose Theme Powers as they level up.
I attempted to import a character, it froze, but it seems to have broken my account entirely.  Now I get the following error whenever I attempt to create any character at all:

at stupid(Object )
   at
Crashes very often, about once every 3 minutes, on Safari.  When crashes happen there is no way to close the error message.  Instead the program has to be closed and restarted.  
I also cannot make any characters. This is a bummer.
   at stupid(Object )

When I try to load a character.

Picked custom, FR, 11th level character, then crash. Very early and very poor looking. 
CB is dead, I get the same error no matter what I do.
When it loads, I get an option to recover or discard a character. Recover results in the error.
If I discard, I can pick from the three main menu options quick, custom, or load.
Quick and custom immediately produce the error.
Load produces the error as soon as I select the character.
System.ServiceModel.FaultException:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at stupid(Object )  
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)  

PS: You should fire the programmer that named a function 'stupid'

During Assign Abilities:

Home Campaign,
Warpriest
Human

Chose point buy, spent points, hit reset, Chose Roll Dice, Chose choose array and picked the 16,14,14,11,10,10 and got this error message.

System.ServiceModel.FaultException: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value
   at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.set_CategoryName(String value)
   at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
   at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, Boolean readOnly)
   at stupid(Object )

1. Backgrounds: When you click to view a background, the enviroment in the first description stays in subsequent background clicks.
    example if I choose BLEAKMIRE, the Creaping Vines, Insect Clouds etc etc stays in the description box when I chose Bezerker (Racial) but will change if I choose another geography selection then that one will stay in the description.

2. Choose and Select Buttons: I have to click the buttons more than once to get them to accept, I do not know if this is lag (if it is lag it is unacceptable) either way the lag is slow.

Oh, apparently the launch of the web CB also broke the forums because my layout is all ****ed up.
Was none of this stuff tested? This is blowing my mind right now.
Tried to add a deity for a fighter and i kept getting an error template not found message.  It's nifty it really is I just don't seem to care for it as much.  This kind of shoddy work could have been used for the offline CB
Imported my character, wanted to change one of the Feats, so I clicked on it and then clicked on the "Deselect" button and it crashed.  The crash message starts off with "Error: Template Not Found".
I'm unable to even launch the program. When I click any of the links to go to the new Character Builder all I get is the page inviting me to subscribe to DDI. I'm already a subscriber, and I'm logged in, so why is still it asking me to subscribe?

I'm seriously considering just doing a chargeback and writing off D&D completely.. it's becoming apparent that customer service and providing what was promised are not priorities.
Like they say in the mmo world "You only get one launch."

I've seen the comparison mentioned between this new dnd and mmos, so I thought that an appropriate quote.

I have to say this launch is one of the more epic fails.

I hope that have it on G4's Attack of the Show's Epic Fail spot light.
I'm not even able to load the CB. With both Chrome and Firefox it just tells me that "session has timed out. Would you like to log in?" After hitting accept about 3-4 times, I've given up...very likely won't be re-subbing until well after they get this working.

When selecting the Warlock's Wrath feat it does not produce a power card in character sheet view. I also frequently get errors trying to add Skald's Leather Armor +1 (I wasn't able to copy the error text).