*SPOILER* Gamesday Stupendico Video

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
The link in the gamesday module to the video no longer works; well it still does the login, but no video shows.

www.hoffmanninstitute.org/stupendico/sec...

The other link, the one to the evacuation map, still works fine (both login and content).

www.hoffmanninstitute.org/stupendico/eva...

Does anyone have a direct link to the original security feed video? Or can someone WotC fix this?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm rerunning the module in a few days for some folks who had to miss it when we first did it on gamesday; it'd been keen to make that part of the session.
Achievements: 06/28/10 - MODERAT0WND!!11 06/30/10 - A Friendly Nod 07/04/10 - Troll Infiltrators 11/16/10 - RIP CB (What you are paying for should work; is it?) 12/20/10 - "No Way! That's Great...*chuckle*...WE'VE RERELEASED GAMMA WORLD!" Scapegoat of the Month for November: Pirates
Both links worked for me (including video).
good to know, ill mess around with FF and IE and see if I can get it to display, maybe it's cookies or something...

edit: any idea why i keep getting text instead of video: "http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos/5P6UU6m3cqk Wed, 01 Nov 2006 10:51:09 +0000 2010-11-09T22:59:15.000Z gdata.youtube.com/schemas/2007#video Comedy laughter revelry child Small daring boy www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P6UU6m3cqk&feat... BlackOleg Comedy Small daring boy laughter, revelry, child Hahaha"

out of that mess you can easily fish a youtube video, even its description is mixed in there, but this isn't the video I'm trying to access.

pretty sure the problem is on my end, just still trying to sort it out.
Achievements: 06/28/10 - MODERAT0WND!!11 06/30/10 - A Friendly Nod 07/04/10 - Troll Infiltrators 11/16/10 - RIP CB (What you are paying for should work; is it?) 12/20/10 - "No Way! That's Great...*chuckle*...WE'VE RERELEASED GAMMA WORLD!" Scapegoat of the Month for November: Pirates
For what it's worth, I'm using Chrome.
pretty bizarre; i tried in chrome and it returns the same result (that short blurb of text).

thanks tho.

edit: is it up on youtube somewhere? just curious if a direct link is visable anywhere.

edit2: i noticed that java is used between the login and the video, updated java, same result, trying some other things
I was having the same problem as Flintlocke.  Java seems to be the key, however.  Rather than updating java, you need to step it back.  I noticed there was a recent update to java.  In FireFox, I disabled the most recent java console (6.0.22) and then tried loading the video.  Worked fine.

URL for direct link to video is:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBpL241nit0&feat...
I was having the same problem as Flintlocke.  Java seems to be the key, however.  Rather than updating java, you need to step it back.  I noticed there was a recent update to java.  In FireFox, I disabled the most recent java console (6.0.22) and then tried loading the video.  Worked fine.

Aces! The players will now have their video!
what the heck is this? spoiler for what? gamma world? what am I supposed to be looking at?
the two links are part of the gamma world gamesday module, optional, but just additional "props" for making the session cool.
Java seems to be the key.  Rather than updating java, you need to step it back.  I noticed there was a recent update to java.  In FireFox, I disabled the most recent java console (6.0.22) and then tried loading the video.  Worked fine.

Many, many thanks for the direct link. (I also was getting broken links to the wrong video)