Last post
2001-2010 RIP

From Wasteland to Bolt
You Gave Us Foils to Love, Trade;
The Best Mail Is Gone.

RILSQIID

But. But. But. My first rewards ever haven't even come in yet! Cry
But. But. But. My first rewards ever haven't even come in yet! Cry

They're still sending out the December Rewards.  You'll have a shot at getting some cards.
~James Fields T.O. & Judge. Check out the New Tournament Organizer's Handbook.
This is a horrible decision
Re: Demilio

I think we can all agree on that, well, the players at least. 
I just saw the news. So what? No more textless spells so we can get more Foil DCI Flings? Cry
Returned from being stationed overseas to see this news...how bad. It was a great program. Too expensive to mail cards? I hope I get textless cards somehow. Do you hire military vets Wizards? I would like a job where I can suggest not to do things such as this.
I'm hoping that the extra cards included in the December mailing will make up for some people's loss of partial credit, and that what Wizards intends to do in place of this program, in the form of increased prize support, will end up being just as good.

So the only big loser out of this will be the post office, and, yes, Wizards is likely wasting most of the money spent on MPR on postage, money that could be spent on the players.

But even though I don't think there's a reason to be furious about this, I still do feel disappointed. There have been a lot of changes to Magic in the past few years that, in one way or another, haven't been popular with Wizards' customers.  So a change like this, where something is lost, and we won't hear about what replaces it until later, faces a really tough audience. There's a lack of trust, at least some of which isn't necessarily deserved by Wizards.

Coming up with weird ideas to make everyone happy since 2008!

I have now started a blog as an appropriate place to put my crazy ideas.

you know, it took me nearly two years to get signed up for rewards, finally get wizards to fig out my problem and two weeks later they shut it down? Extra cards are nice if your actually going to get any...
This has to happen just as I start playing again. I'd decided to make a point of playing in five events a month for rewards, since I'd never gotten any before. I guess I won't bother. I should be used to Wizards making awful decisions, but apparently I'm not. This is a terrible move.

Does this mean no more plastic DCI cards as well? I lost my crappy paper one ages ago, and was really hoping to get a replacement...
blah blah metal lyrics
and let us reach the rewards last year, says in our accounts that were sent but have not come, now removed. No one responded. Venezuela's ignored.
Does this mean no more plastic DCI cards as well? I lost my crappy paper one ages ago, and was really hoping to get a replacement...

You can print one out from your membership login page, and then take it down to a Kinko's (or whatever print/copy shop you have locally) to get it laminated.  Probably your best bet, at this point.
MTG Rules Advisor since 2007-06-27. Amateur MTG rules nerd since forever. Download the official rules and more at wizards.com/magic/rules -[ IronMagus' New Marketplace Trade Thread ]- 100+ completed trades!
I just saw the news. So what? No more textless spells so we can get more Foil DCI Flings?

That's what I'm say'n... why bother head to FNM for stuff like that?

"Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits."
No one said anything about textless spells going away.  At the very least they'll still be around for Game Days.  And they do put out some sweet promos throughout the year that aren't associated with MPR.
~James Fields T.O. & Judge. Check out the New Tournament Organizer's Handbook.

You can print one out from your membership login page, and then take it down to a Kinko's (or whatever print/copy shop you have locally) to get it laminated.  Probably your best bet, at this point.

Or slide the paper one into a top-loader; that's what I did 'til the plastic one came.

"Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits."
No one said anything about textless spells going away.  At the very least they'll still be around for Game Days.  And they do put out some sweet promos throughout the year that aren't associated with MPR.

I think what he meant (what I meant anyway) was the quaility of the the MPR cards was better than the foil commons we seem to have been getting as of late.