Character Development

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does anyone know if they plan on adding Dark Sun, and Gamma World to the Character builder?
Does anyone know if they plan on adding Dark Sun, and Gamma World to the Character builder?

Dark Sun, yes.  Gamma World, no idea.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Thank you! I sure hope so, I am addicted to that program
Thank you! I sure hope so, I am addicted to that program

Of course we just two days away from them replacing the current Character Builder with the web only version, so even if they wanted to include Gamma World the shakedown of the new product going live and finishing features like character export will probably consume their development resources for months to come.  Offhand though considering how reluctant they were to add provisions for even relatively small deviations from core materials (like even allowing user defined dieties to select domains from the Divine handbook), I'd be stunned if they ever expanded it to handle a variant ruleset (that additionally doesn't need much cross-referencing anyway) like GW unless it sold beyond any rational expectation.
Given you can knock up a GW character inside ten minutes on a sheet of A4, it seems unlikely.

The Monster Builder? I really hope that adds various GW functionality (Like Laser and Radiation damage, and various monster origins) into the mix. Or at least allows me to add my own. Again, I can knock up things in a Word document, but it'd look so much nicer with the Monster Builder.
As with Essentials, they're to busy re-doing everything in DDI a pointlessly different, lower-functioning format, to actually add anything at the moment.

Gamma World is a side-line, in spite of the D&D name, and probably won't see inclusion in CB or MB or anything else, nor any products other than those already released.  At least, until they need it to test out some other concept.

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!