New Character Sheet PDF

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
This is an adapted (and in my opinion, greatly improved) version of the new character sheet introduced in the web CB.

MOST RECENT VERSION (4.0) - link
Changes: Major changes to the 2nd page, removing the powers section there to expand class features and feats to better support high level characters.  Added a 5th page of blank power cards for powers instead.  A very special thanks to Billy Barnes from www.neceros.com for use of his power card template on the 5th page.

Version 3.3 - link (thanks to Haldrik for the 4th page).
Version 3.2 - link
Version 3.1 - link
Fillable version 1.0 - link
Version 3.0 - link
Version 2.2 - link
Version 2.1 - link
Version 2.0 - link
Version 1.0 - link
Fillable Power Cards - link

Enjoy.

Project List: Find matching fonts.  Update fillable version.
I like the clean, simple look and will give it a try with some Essentials characters. Thanks!
Very impressive!

My only comment is that, at least on the Mac's default PDF viewer, Preview (I refuse to use Acrobat, and haven't tested this in Windows via Foxit Reader), the Trained checkboxes appear to have an almost random height and width, and the Trained box outline appears when printed.

But, that is a relativity minor quibble. Thanks for the hard work putting these together. They will be put to good use.
I should add that I'd be more than happy for someone with more photoshop/acrobat skills than me to take these (or the raw image files in the linked thread) and make some improvements.

Some ideas that I may try to work in if somebody else doesn't beat me to it, in no particular order:

-Lines in the Features/Feats/Powers sections.  The blank space works when filled in automatically by the CB, but feels like it would be awkward to fill in by hand.

- Find the correct font for "Powers" and "Holy Symbol Slot"

-Seperate Powers into at-will, encounter, daily, and utility sections

-Add a Holy Symbol slot (it worries me that it's not there to begin with)

-Come up with something appropriate for the white space in the bottom-right of the first page

-Fulfil other suggestions/requests
Very impressive!

My only comment is that, at least on the Mac's default PDF viewer, Preview (I refuse to use Acrobat, and haven't tested this in Windows via Foxit Reader), the Trained checkboxes appear to have an almost random height and width, and the Trained box outline appears when printed.

But, that is a relativity minor quibble. Thanks for the hard work putting these together. They will be put to good use.

Yeah, I kept drawing them by hand when I should have been copy/pasting them.  I may get around to fixing it sometime.  Part of the problem though was that the white rows are actually taller than the grey rows.
Some more improvements made to the non-fillable sheet.
Where did you find the original image of this new sheet?
Does anyone have a good fillable Power Card sheet?
Where did you find the original image of this new sheet?

The original image came from the preview posted by Trevor here.  Another user rearranged the first page to something I liked a little more, and then I used photoshop to clear off the information from Trevor's character.
Version 2 of the Character Sheet posted in original post, or find it here.
Another slight update in original post or here.

Added a Holy Symbol slot for all your divine characters' needs.  Also played around with the left column of the 3rd page a little bit.

This would also make me super-happy.
I could whip up a fillable PDF relatively quickly, but all it would be is a pdf of the form where you'd have to type in all the relevant info.

While I see what I can put together, you should check out this site as I suspect it'll do what you're wanting better than a fillable PDF I could make.
very nice go at character sheet.

just one comment...the bottom of the first sheet looks unfinished especially when compaired to the other two pages.
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together" -- Carl Zwanzig

Shaman.jpg
D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

The pen is mightier than the character builder.
Copy this to your sig if you like 4e but don't use the CB.

very nice go at character sheet.

just one comment...the bottom of the first sheet looks unfinished especially when compaired to the other two pages.

That's an artifact of the original images Trevor posted (his first sheet had a bunch of white space at the bottom).  I'll see what I can do with it next time I mess with it.

While I see what I can put together, you should check out this site as I suspect it'll do what you're wanting better than a fillable PDF I could make.

I'm a little embarrassed to say that I don't know quite what to do with that once everything is entered.
I'm a little embarrassed to say that I don't know quite what to do with that once everything is entered.

Honestly, I've never used it either.  I've just seen a link posted for it.
Ok, here's a pretty rough fillable power cards form.  It's not great, but perhaps you'll find some use.
Ok, here's a pretty rough fillable power cards form.  It's not great, but perhaps you'll find some use.

That's pretty good for a quick effort. Thanks!

I was encouraged to see that one of the Known Issues for the new CB is a lack of customizable power cards. Hopefully a hint of things to come.

That's pretty good for a quick effort. Thanks!

I was encouraged to see that one of the Known Issues for the new CB is a lack of customizable power cards. Hopefully a hint of things to come.

Glad you find them useful.  Happy gaming!
New update with a cleaned up equipment section.  Download here (when mediafire decides to come back up).
Major revisions to the first page.  It now shows some of the math that was taken out.  Especially useful since it doesn't come with a computer to do the math for you .  Update found here.
A few more tweaks to the front page, including adding space for character name, race, class, PP, and epic destiny.  Download here.
New version posted with a page added to track conditional combat modifiers (thanks to Haldrik for it).
For some reason that site isn't allowing me to download the 3.3 Version of it.

I'm really excited to transfer a character over to this type of sheet tonight. having that style of boxes for information fits the way that I read better.

Thanks a lot!
For some reason that site isn't allowing me to download the 3.3 Version of it.

I'm really excited to transfer a character over to this type of sheet tonight. having that style of boxes for information fits the way that I read better.

Thanks a lot!

I'm not sure why you're having trouble with the link... I can't manage to recreate it so I don't know what to do to fix it Undecided, sorry.  On the better news side of things, I just posted a new version that will work better for high-level characters and has a page of power cards (courtesy of Billy Barnes from www.neceros.com).  Hopefully it will work for you - link
Thanks for the Character Sheets. Got any of the original ones like this?