What's Next

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
What would you want after the two boxed sets and novels come out come out? I am enjoying the game, so I  don't want it to fall on the way side. Here is my take on what to expand the game.

A Monster Book with more robots aliens, and slimey things 
Different Card sets for Alpha Mutations (like a bio mutation set) and Omega tech( like a Area 52 set).
Expansion for Characters up to 20th level
Campaign Setting material
High & low tech vehicles guide
Some of those things are already avaiable through community efforts, such as the Gamma World Community Atlas, which aims at updating old GW maps and locations to 4E and making them consistant with the new Big Mistake.

I *would* like to see something for Vehicle rules and combat - that might be kinda cool. My players have lashed together a sort of catamaran for thier voyage and want to mount weapons on it, and I'll have to homebrew the whole thing.

Card Sets would be pretty cool, but since they seem to be pushing the collectible stuff still (despite other D&D related efforts falling flat), its not likely to happen.
I know the community has some setting stuff but I would love to see more around the setting. Some maps. Maybe an adventure path or two. I am not sure why the two expansions are box sets but I am assuming there is more then just an adventure in there.
Vehicle rules would be good....I hope then keep the rules simple that is one of the best things about this game. 
I'd like to see GAMMA WORLD continue to grow and evolve rather than be a "one and done" game. (Okay, I know it has some planned expansions. You know what I mean.) It would be cool to have some detailed maps of post-holocaust America and more adventures and/or sourcebooks. I'd love a GM screen. I'd love some official GW dice.

It would be nice to have a couple of sets of options: Gonzo and Serious. I'd probably buy both but I'd like to see a serious campign setting developed.

Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playing 5E D&D and liking it! OD&D player since 1975

Complete decks of the 'Atom' series (currently sold only in boosters).  Sold as a set, in two sets (Alpha, Omega), or in 6 (Pis, Bio, Dark; Xi, Ishtar, Area52).  Alternte card mechanics to treat Omega tech more like treasure, and to treat Alpha Mutations either more like classic GW mutations (random, and you're stuck with 'em) or like character-customization tools. 

Deftects - mutations that are flat-out bad - or rules to treat any Alpha card as a 'defect.'  Alternate deck-building rules that require defects - if you want to include rares, say.

A dedicated monster book, or DM box set that includes same (plus maps, counters, etc).

Options to have origins or classes that work more like D&D classes - learned skills and professions rather than mutant origins. 

A box set for more serious play.  Maybe "Gamma World: Survivors."  Could include alternate apocalypse scenarios, Pure-Strain-Human origins, more 21st century tech, and more sinister/brutal futuristic tech.  Grittier, more detailed rules on weapons & ammo, wounds, healing (surges?), economics, survival, etc...

Box sets that are at least 11" along one dimension, so you can store standard-sized paper in them (like plain paper copies of the character sheets, printouts, and, oh, the Freesboro module).

Worldines developed as mini-setting.  Cyberpunk Xi, science-fantasy/atlanitean Ishtar, Tesla's robot empire, etc...

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

A box set for more serious play.  Maybe "Gamma World: Survivors."  Could include alternate apocalypse scenarios, Pure-Strain-Human origins, more 21st century tech, and more sinister/brutal futuristic tech.  Grittier, more detailed rules on weapons & ammo, wounds, healing (surges?), economics, survival, etc...

Sweet! Not just a good idea, but a catchy title as well! I'd buy one!

Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playing 5E D&D and liking it! OD&D player since 1975

I like the Idea of a book or boxed set containing the background and ecology of each of the four different worlds of the Omega tech.
Sweet! Not just a good idea, but a catchy title as well! I'd buy one!

I'm betting if they continue we will just see more old module names like they are using for the first two supplements.  So next we could see:
*** The Cleansing War (leaving out the "of Garik Blackhand" part of the title.  This could be a good chance to introduce large battle rules and more serious campaign building rules).
*** The Mind Masters (considering its a science lab scenario in the original book it could be a good chance for extended rules for Alpha/Omega cards and rules for higher level characters).
I like the Idea of a book or boxed set containing the background and ecology of each of the four different worlds of the Omega tech.

Awesome idea.  I'm seriously thinking of having Ishtarites show up in my ongoing game.
Sign In to post comments