Thunderstruck! - A Storm Genasi "Solar Flare" build-Big 1 turn Nova

40 posts / 0 new
Last post

Thunderstruck!  - A Storm Genasi “Solar Flare” build

This build is designed to hit hard on the first turn in "Solar Flare" fashion, or a Nova that requires no set up round via The Big Bang Nova guide.  To do this we will employ the tried and true Ranger/Bloody Cheese/Eternal Seeker trifecta.  However, we are going to add in some goodness via Promise of Storm and since we are foregoing the usual set up round strategy, Rapid Assault is going to make an appearance here as well.  The trick to these Novas are to add more damage die rolls rather than static damage, this comes into play especially with the Death Dealer variant.

Also is is worth mentioning that a Ultimate Confrontation "Solar Flare" nova is much harder to pull off if you realistically expect to:

1. Reach your prey.
2. Be able to Quarry your prey to meet Ultimate Confrontation's requirements.
3. Do amazing damage without a set up round.
4. Look good doing it.

Note my strategy to accomplish this.  If there are any "holes" please feel free to speak up.

The main build is straightforward Ranger/Pathfinder.  The variant as mentioned is MC Rogue Death Dealer.  I personally like the main build better due to the fact that the Seeker's Destiny is Godlike Stature and consequently our boy will be dual wielding Full Blades by the end of it all. 

Both are listed here with their respective Novas.

Special Thanks

LDB - King of Rangers
Nelphine - For pointing out Promise of Storm excellence and providing inspiration for the concept of the "Solar Flare"

and of course:

Thunderstruck! Level 30

Thunder Struck, level 30
Genasi, Ranger, Pathfinder, Eternal Seeker
Build: Two-Blade Ranger
Fighting Style: Two-Blade Fighting Style
Ranger: Prime Shot
Seeking Destiny: Godlike Stature
Elemental Manifestation: Stormsoul

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 28
Con 16
Dex 20
Int 12
Wis 12
Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 13, Dex 13, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 10.

AC: 45 (47 with Shadowband) 
Fort: 45 (47 with Shadowband)
Reflex: 42 (44 with Shadowband)
Will: 42 (44 with Shadowband)

HP: 188 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 47

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +23, Endurance +25, Dungeoneering +21, Perception +21, Athletics +32

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +19, Arcana +16, Bluff +16, Diplomacy +16, Heal +16, History +16, Insight +16, Intimidate +16, Religion +16, Stealth +20, Streetwise +16, Thievery +20

FEATS
Level 1: Armor Proficiency: Chainmail
Level 2: Weapon Proficiency (Bastard sword) (retrained to Weapon Proficiency (Fullblade) at Level 30)
Level 4: Master at Arms (HotFL)
Level 6: Weapon Focus (Heavy Blade)
Level 8: Armor Proficiency: Scale
Level 10: Superior Reflexes (HotFL))
Level 11: Shocking Flame
Level 12: Improved Defenses (HotFL)
Level 14: Prime Punisher
Level 16: Called Shot
Level 18: Armor Specialization (Scale)
Level 20: Rapid Assault
Level 21: Epic Will
Level 22: Improved Initiative (retrained to Superior Initiative at Level 23)
Level 24: Rending Tempest
Level 26: Vistani Heritage
Level 28: Vistani Foresight
Level 30: Student of the Sword

POWERS

Ranger at-will 1: Shield of Blades
Ranger at-will 1: Twin Strike
Seeker's Lore: Rune of the Hero's Resolve
Ranger encounter 1: Off-Hand Strike
Ranger daily 1: Jaws of the Wolf
Ranger utility 2: Begin the Hunt
Ranger encounter 3: Ruffling Sting
Ranger daily 5: Two-Wolf Pounce
Ranger utility 6: Death Threat
Ranger encounter 7: Toppling Rush
Ranger daily 9: Attacks on the Run
Ranger utility 10: Resume the Hunt
Ranger encounter 13: Off-Hand Diversion (replaces Off-Hand Strike)
Ranger daily 15: Blade Cascade (replaces Jaws of the Wolf)
Ranger utility 16: Ranger's Parry
Ranger encounter 17: Untamed Outburst (replaces Ruffling Sting)
Ranger daily 19: Cruel Cage of Steel (replaces Two-Wolf Pounce)
Ranger utility 22: Tested Analysis
Ranger encounter 23: Nonchalant Collapse (replaces Toppling Rush)
Ranger encounter 27: Hurricane of Blades (replaces Untamed Outburst)
Ranger daily 29: Ultimate Confrontation (replaces Cruel Cage of Steel)

ITEMS
Torc of Power Preservation +6
Dragonrider Elderscale Armor +6
Ring of Free Time (epic tier)
Iron Armbands of Power (epic tier)
Belt of Titan Strength (epic tier)
Charm of Abundant Action (epic tier)
Battlecrazed Fullblade +5 (2)
Eye of Awareness (epic tier)
Boots of Quickness (paragon tier)
Shadow Band (epic tier)
Storm Gauntlets (paragon tier)
Stone of Earth (paragon tier)
Dice of Auspicious Fortune (paragon tier)
Horn of Baldagyr (epic tier)
Sapphire Scabbard (paragon tier) (2)
Lightning Weapon Dagger +4
Blood Fury Hand Axe +1
Stone of Storms (paragon tier)

Level 30 "Solar Flare" Nova - 1628 damage

Initiative +35

No Action - Begin the Hunt - add +2 to intitative and gain +2 to attacks against the quarry - which in this case adds the caveat "against any enemy you can see"

Free Action – Item Daily Power: Belt of Titan Strength

Free Action – Ring of Free Time – gain a minor action

Minor Action - Bloody Fury Weapon power (become bloodied)-------Normal Minor Action

Minor Action (Ring of free Time) – Promise of Storm – until EONT deal 3d8 extra damage when you hit with a Thunder or Lightning Attack----------Ring of Free Time Minor Action

Action Point - Gain a move action via Pathfinder

Free Action - Charm of Abundant Action

Action Point

Free Action – Storm Gauntlets Daily Item power-----change Attacks on the Run to Thunder damage -add 2d6 extra Thunder damage, each successive melee attacks will gain 3 points of Thunder Damage until the EONT.

Free Action - Lightning Weapon - change damage to lightning

Standard Action – Ultimate Confrontation (+35 with Lightning Weapon Dagger+4)-----Action Point 1 Standard Action
•    4d4+18+3d8 damage

Chance to re-roll with Stone of Wind
Chance to reroll with Stone of Storms
3 rolls stored in Dice of Auspicious Fortune
I need a 13 to hit Demogorgon - Not that I need to hit for the effect of Ultimate Confrontation, but the extra damage for the Nova is nice.

Move/Minor Action – Rune of Hero's Resolve (Gain 188 Temp HP's)

Move Action - Move to the target

Rune of Hero's Resolve Standard Action – Blade Cascade (+41 vs AC)
•    3d12+3d6+3d8+51 damage
•    5d12+3d6+3d8+51 damage
•    6d12+3d6+3d8+51 damage
•    7d12+3d6+3d8+51 damage
•    8d12+3d6+3d8+51 damage

Standard Action – Hurricane of Blades (+41 vs. AC)--------------Action point 2 Standard Action

Free Action – Regain Hurricane of Blades via Torc of Power Preservation+6

Standard Action – Hurricane of Blades (+41 vs. AC) ----------------Rune of Heroes resolve Standard Action

Hunter's Quarry
3d6

Total Damage: 93d12+42d6+42d8+4d4+678 (1,628  average damage)

Damage Bonuses:
+10 power (Belt of Titan Strength)
+9 (Strength)
+6 item (Iron Armbands of Power)
+6 Rapid Assault
+5 enhancement (+5 weapon)
+5 Called Shot
+4 Shocking Flame
+3 feat (Weapon Focus)
+3 Storm Gauntlets

To Hit Breakdown
+36 Base
+2 Begin the Hunt
+1 Prime Shot
+2 Superior Reflexes CA
+41

Thunderstruck! Level 30 Death Dealer variant

Thunder Struck, level 30
Genasi, Ranger, Death Dealer, Eternal Seeker
Build: Two-Blade Ranger
Fighting Style: Two-Blade Fighting Style
Ranger: Prime Shot
Seeking Destiny: Memory of Cyre
Elemental Manifestation: Stormsoul

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 28
Con 16
Dex 20
Int 12
Wis 12
Cha 12

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 13, Dex 13, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 10.

AC: 45 (47 with Shadowband)
Fort: 45 (47 with Shadowband) 
Reflex: 45 (47 with Shadowband) 
Will: 41 (43 with Shadowband)

HP: 188 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 47

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +23, Endurance +25, Dungeoneering +21, Perception +21, Athletics +32, Thievery +25

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +20, Arcana +16, Bluff +16, Diplomacy +16, Heal +17, History +16, Insight +17, Intimidate +16, Religion +16, Stealth +20, Streetwise +16

FEATS
Level 1: Armor Proficiency: Chainmail
Level 2: Weapon Proficiency (Bastard sword)
Level 4: Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Level 6: Weapon Focus (Heavy Blade)
Level 8: Armor Proficiency: Scale
Level 10: Sneak of Shadows
Level 11: Shocking Flame
Level 12: Improved Defenses
Level 14: Prime Punisher
Level 16: Called Shot
Level 18: Armor Specialization (Scale)
Level 20: Rapid Assault
Level 21: Epic Will
Level 22: Improved Initiative (retrained to Superior Initiative at Level 23)
Level 24: Rending Tempest
Level 26: Epic Reflexes
Level 28: Vistani Heritage
Level 30: Vistani Foresight

POWERS

Ranger at-will 1: Shield of Blades
Ranger at-will 1: Twin Strike
Seeker's Lore: Rune of the Hero's Resolve
Ranger encounter 1: Off-Hand Strike
Ranger daily 1: Jaws of the Wolf
Ranger utility 2: Begin the Hunt
Ranger encounter 3: Ruffling Sting
Ranger daily 5: Two-Wolf Pounce
Ranger utility 6: Death Threat
Ranger encounter 7: Toppling Rush
Ranger daily 9: Attacks on the Run
Ranger utility 10: Resume the Hunt
Ranger encounter 13: Off-Hand Diversion (replaces Off-Hand Strike)
Ranger daily 15: Blade Cascade (replaces Jaws of the Wolf)
Ranger utility 16: Ranger's Parry
Ranger encounter 17: Untamed Outburst (replaces Ruffling Sting)
Ranger daily 19: Cruel Cage of Steel (replaces Two-Wolf Pounce)
Ranger utility 22: Tested Analysis
Ranger encounter 23: Nonchalant Collapse (replaces Toppling Rush)
Ranger encounter 27: Hurricane of Blades (replaces Untamed Outburst)
Ranger daily 29: Ultimate Confrontation (replaces Attacks on the Run)

ITEMS
Torc of Power Preservation +6
Dragonrider Elderscale Armor +6
Ring of Free Time (epic tier)
Iron Armbands of Power (epic tier)
Belt of Titan Strength (epic tier)
Charm of Abundant Action (epic tier)
Eye of Awareness (epic tier)
Boots of Quickness (paragon tier)
Shadow Band (epic tier)
Storm Gauntlets (paragon tier)
Stone of Earth (paragon tier)
Dice of Auspicious Fortune (paragon tier)
Horn of Baldagyr (epic tier)
Sapphire Scabbard (paragon tier) (2)
Lightning Weapon Dagger +4
Blood Fury Drow Long Knife +1
Stone of Storms (paragon tier)
Battlecrazed Bastard sword +5 (2)

[sblock=Level 30 "Solar Flare" Death Dealer variant -1941 damage]
Initiative +34

No Action -Begin the Hunt +2 to Initiative, designate one creature you can see as you Hunter's Quarry, gain +2 to attacks until the biatch is dead.

Free Action – Item Daily Power: Belt of Titan Strength
Free Action – Ring of Free Time – gain a minor action
Minor Action - Bloody Fury Weapon power (become bloodied)-------Ring of Free Time Minor Action

Move/Minor Action – Promise of Storm – until EONT deal 3d8 extra damage when you hit with a Thunder or Lightning Attack

Action Point

Free Action - Charm of Abundant Action

Action Point (-2 to all adjacent enemies defenses unless they are undead or constructs so effectively a +40 to hit)

Free Action – Storm Gauntlets Daily Item power-----change Attacks on the Run to Thunder damage -add 2d6 extra Thunder damage, each successive melee attacks will gain 3 points of Thunder Damage until the EONT.

Move Action - Engage thy nemesis

Free Action - Lightning Weapon - change damage to lightning

Standard Action – Ultimate Confrontation (+34/+36 against non undead/construct with Lightning Weapon Dagger +4)
•    4d4+18+3d8 damage

Chance to re-roll with Stone of Wind
Chance to reroll with Stone of Storms
3 rolls stored in Dice of Auspicious Fortune
I need a 12 to hit Demogorgon - I don't actually need to hit for the effect of Ultimate Confrontation, but the extra Nova damage is sweet.

Minor Action – Rune of Hero's Resolve------------ normal minor action

Rune of Hero's Resolve Standard Action – Blade Cascade (+38 vs AC)
•    5d10+3d6+3d8+51 damage
•    6d10+3d6+3d8+51 damage
•    7d10+3d6+3d8+51 damage
•    8d10+3d6+3d8+51 damage

Standard Action – Hurricane of Blades (+38 vs. AC)--------------Action point Standard Action

Free Action – Regain Hurricane of Blades via Torc of Power Preservation+6

Standard Action – Hurricane of Blades (+38 vs. AC) ----------------Action Point 2 Standard Action

Hunter's Quarry
3d6

Total Damage: 98d10+196 via Death Dealer+42d6+84 via Death Dealer+43d8+86 via Death Dealer+4d4+8 via Death Dealer+678  (1,941.5  average damage)

Damage Bonuses:
+10 power (Belt of Titan Strength)
+9 (Strength)
+6 item (Iron Armbands of Power)
+6 Rapid Assault
+5 enhancement (+5 weapon)
+5 Called Shot
+4 Shocking Flame
+3 feat (Weapon Focus)
+3 Storm Gauntlets

To Hit Breakdown
+35 Base
+2 Begin the Hunt
+2 Agressive Advantage CA
+1 Prime Shot

[/sbock]

For perspective.

Did you factor the miss chance into that final average?
Did you factor the miss chance into that final average?

I normally relish your dry, brief, sardonic comments;

Are you insinuating the attack bonus is to low?  It is above par for most accepted Nova standards.  It is generally assumed that given my gear choice and strategy I will be hitting.  Hence the assumed nature of Nova.

So, you can never roll a 1, or crit?  You have a flat 100% change of doing average damage?

If the answer to any of those questions is no, then your #s are wrong.
Ah, I see. I just assumed that it was common practice to incorporate the miss chance into the math when calculating the average damage for a nova, as is the case with DPR, but that was a mistake on my part. No dry humor on this one, just an honest question.
I'm also pretty sure Echoes of Thunder doesn't work the way you're using it - you shouldn't be adding +9 per attack.
A Beginners Primer to CharOp. Archmage's Ascension - The Wizard's Handbook. Let the Hammer Fall: Dwarf Warpriest/Tactical Warpriest/Indomitable Champion, a Defending Leader. Requiem for Dissent: Cleric/Fighter/Paragon of Victory Melee Leader Ko te manu e kai i te miro, nona te ngahere. Ko te manu e kai i te matauranga e, nano te ao katoa. It's the proliferation of people who think the rules are more important than what the rules are meant to accomplish. - Dedekine
So, you can never roll a 1, or crit?  You have a flat 100% change of doing average damage?

Ummm... is it pick on MC DB day?  I don't recall seeing any other such designations for existing Nova concepts.  Of course there is always going to be a chance this isn't going to work.

If I miss even once then this average plummets due to the nature of Ultimate Confrontation.  But there is a reason Im using +5 weapons to afford precautionary fallback measures ala Dice of Auspicious Fortune and Stone of Earth among other things.

I'm also pretty sure Echoes of Thunder doesn't work the way you're using it - you shouldn't be adding +9 per attack.

It's +3 per damage roll, which in this case as I'm illustrating is +3 to the melee damage roll, +3 to the Battlecrazed damage roll, and +3 to the Promise of Storm damage roll.

If I'm wrong so be it, wouldn't be the first time. :D

Battlecrazed and promise of storm are both extra damage, which, to my understanding, never benefits from modifiers to damage unless specificly told to (Such as a 'lock adding int to curse with a feat).
A Beginners Primer to CharOp. Archmage's Ascension - The Wizard's Handbook. Let the Hammer Fall: Dwarf Warpriest/Tactical Warpriest/Indomitable Champion, a Defending Leader. Requiem for Dissent: Cleric/Fighter/Paragon of Victory Melee Leader Ko te manu e kai i te miro, nona te ngahere. Ko te manu e kai i te matauranga e, nano te ao katoa. It's the proliferation of people who think the rules are more important than what the rules are meant to accomplish. - Dedekine
Battlecrazed and promise of storm are both extra damage, which, to my understanding, never benefits from modifiers to damage unless specificly told to (Such as a 'lock adding int to curse with a feat).

If that's the case then this build is no good as it stands.  No problem.

I don't know the particulars of all these powers/abilities, but extra damage rolls aren't "damage rolls" they all create one big-huge damage roll with lots of dice.
Random aside: WTH is that in your avatar pic? It's been bothering me for a while now. Is it a badger, or some kind of fish or what?
Random aside: WTH is that in your avatar pic? It's been bothering me for a while now. Is it a badger, or some kind of fish or what?

Lol ya it's a badger... I need to crop it better.  I love my badgers!

Dielzen, LDB didn't account for miss chance in his calculations of the average damage of his Time Bomb's nova, so I think it's reasonable that McDeeBz also assumes all his attacks hit.

It's a big assumption, but with such a high attack bonus, the 1/day limit on the nova, the auspicious dice to get around critical misses, and a probable attack bonus/defense debuff from other party members, it's actually pretty feasible.
I've never been a big fan of the 'flat average' number; but it is a daily nova, so it's not that unreasonable.  On encounter nova's I would never be happy with it.  Of course, in many builds (well, most of mine anyway since I like crit-fishing), the loss from not counting crits is actually a bigger factor than the 'gain' from not counting misses.  With Ultimate Confrontation that of course might change; but that's one reason I rarely ever work on dailies.  Nice to see you using Storm Genasi MC-DrowBane.

Edit:  What did you think of the examples I tossed up in your Nova Guide?  (Or are you looking specifically for complete 1-30 builds?) 
I've never been a big fan of the 'flat average' number; but it is a daily nova, so it's not that unreasonable.  On encounter nova's I would never be happy with it.  Of course, in many builds (well, most of mine anyway since I like crit-fishing), the loss from not counting crits is actually a bigger factor than the 'gain' from not counting misses.  With Ultimate Confrontation that of course might change; but that's one reason I rarely ever work on dailies.  Nice to see you using Storm Genasi MC-DrowBane.

Edit:  What did you think of the examples I tossed up in your Nova Guide?  (Or are you looking specifically for complete 1-30 builds?) 

Thanks mang.  the credit goes to you, you pointed it out to me.  I just would like to get clarification on the nature of "extra damage" and whether or not Echoes of Thunder will apply or not.  As far as I can tell the Death Dealer angle is legit, given that even the "extra damage" dies according to the Rules Compendium are still considered damage dies.  I'm here to learn and grow like everyone else.

This builds Encounter "Solar Flare" should be pretty stellar as well.

I really like the builds you posted.  I'm not neccesarilly looking for 1-30 builds for the Big Bang, more or less just seperate build threads to link to so it doesn't become a convoluted mess like DPR kings (no offense Borg285 you the man).

You boggle my mind with your Crit Fishing prowess, and like I stated I would like to see "concrete" numbers without counting on critting, but as it's been pointed out, my Novas are counting on not missing... so what's the difference

Not to mention your calculations for crit propability are so concise I don't see how it can be ignored.  I plan on adding both your concepts to the "scoreboard"
"Extra damage" is not a "damage roll".  Look up the definitions of the two terms in the Compendium; they are unique concepts.

Even if you roll dice to determine extra damage, it is not a damage roll, and does not gain benefits from bonuses to damage rolls.

also for what it's worth, I also dislike the 'flat average' damage calculation.  I know it's often used in novas, but I'd rather see the actual average (including miss/crit chances).
The difference between madness and genius is determined only by degrees of success.
Yup; Death Dealer adds per die, so it works; but Echoes of Thunder would still only be adding to the attack, and as it's a named source, it can't stack with itself, so it would only be +3 per hit.  Of course, losing 6 damage per attack isn't that bad.

(Consider also:  If you could do that with Echoes of Thunder, then if I tack Echoes of Thunder onto my Beserk Death-Dealer, then he would get upwards of +15 per attack with it, given all the different sources of die rolls I get per attack.  And he's not even close to maxing out how many different sources of die rolls you can add to 1 attack.  So both RAW and 'we don't want a single feat that puts out a bajillion damage at-will' say that Echoes of Thunder can't work that way.) 
"Extra damage" is not a "damage roll".  Look up the definitions of the two terms in the Compendium; they are unique concepts.

Even if you roll dice to determine extra damage, it is not a damage roll, and does not gain benefits from bonuses to damage rolls.

also for what it's worth, I also dislike the 'flat average' damage calculation.  I know it's often used in novas, but I'd rather see the actual average (including miss/crit chances).

fair enough... I will amend the builds.

@ Nelphine I edited my previous post to answer your question.
I like the build a lot. Genasi are a little under appreciated (when not blasting away as Wizards).

I am going to weigh in and say that I also dislike the 'flat average' version of novas, but can completely understand why. The maths for daily novas is really complex. I mean, you can analyse Ultimate Confrontation's damage (which in this case will not hit. +28 versus a target you will be nova'ing at 30 is rubbish, i.e hits orcus on a 20, likewise for Demogorgon...) using a probability distribution curve, and you can likewise use a probability function for Blade Cascade, but it is a lot of work.

Then again, writing a program which provides a numerical approximation based upon n iterations is not too hard at all, just a little time consuming. 
To be honest, the reason I display novas as flat averages is because of that; the math just gets too out of hand for someone who frankly has other things to do on these boards (let alone in real life) than write up a program to iterate a value for it.
To be honest, the reason I display novas as flat averages is because of that; the math just gets too out of hand for someone who frankly has other things to do on these boards (let alone in real life) than write up a program to iterate a value for it.

hehe... true that.  My mind hurts enough at the end of the day trying to account for each little nuance.  I'm sure there are discrepancies, but it's the best I can do... for now.

Numbers fixed.
Looks good glad to see it all came toghether.
I like the build a lot. Genasi are a little under appreciated (when not blasting away as Wizards).

I am going to weigh in and say that I also dislike the 'flat average' version of novas, but can completely understand why. The maths for daily novas is really complex. I mean, you can analyse Ultimate Confrontation's damage (which in this case will not hit. +28 versus a target you will be nova'ing at 30 is rubbish, i.e hits orcus on a 20, likewise for Demogorgon...) using a probability distribution curve, and you can likewise use a probability function for Blade Cascade, but it is a lot of work.

Then again, writing a program which provides a numerical approximation based upon n iterations is not too hard at all, just a little time consuming. 

You know at first when i read this I was going to get indignant, then the more I thought about it I realized you were totally right.  expecting to hit Demogorgon with that kind of attack bonus was... well rubbish.

So I moved some things around and adapted a different strategy and some more Dex to increase my hit chances with Ultimate Confrontation.  As it stands now I need to hit Demogorgon with a 14 or higher and 6 rolls to do it with. 

The Death Dealer variant needs a 12 or higher and 6 rolls to do it...

Any chance I can get some help with the math Nelphine?

All in all i think we can agree this interpretation is much more realistic.
I could probably try to figure out some kind of math at some point; however, as I almost passed out at work, and I'm still trying to update my encounter flare into a half-orc, it will be a while before I will successfully do that.

Er, you might have a problem; you can't use both Drow Long Knives as a Kensei (without losing Kensei bonuses.  Although I didn't actually check that you include them.) 
Imo, if you have any programming experience, the easiest way is just to sim it.

Plug all the numbers into a loop, run it a large number of times (100k, a million, whatever), and check out the average.

It's not actually that easy (as was mentioned before >.>), but I think it's a great deal easier than actually doing the math where Ultimate Confrontation is involved.
The difference between madness and genius is determined only by degrees of success.
I could probably try to figure out some kind of math at some point; however, as I almost passed out at work, and I'm still trying to update my encounter flare into a half-orc, it will be a while before I will successfully do that.

Er, you might have a problem; you can't use both Drow Long Knives as a Kensei (without losing Kensei bonuses.  Although I didn't actually check that you include them.) 

I didn't use the Kensei bonus, only the Heavy Blade Bonus, extra DEX bonus, extra proficiency bonus, and the Student of the Sword bonus.

Further points, that I might just be confused on:

You use 5 daily item powers (one of which requiring that this be your first round in the encounter).  You also potentially use 2 more daily item powers for your re-rolls.

You use 5 standard actions, 2 move/minor actions, and 2 minor actions.  Looking through your character I see:  1 bonus minor action (gained from free action, no problem).  3 bonus standard actions (1 of which comes from a minor action, 2 coming from an AP.)  

This nets you 4 standard actions, 2 move/minor actions, and a minor action.  Either I've missed something, or you're using 2 too many actions (1 extra standard, and 1 extra minor). 

Mathwise:  I'm definitely interested in this build, and even though I shouldn't be doing this while I'm not feeling well, I'd be interested in working out the details with you.

Edit: The problem with Kensei is that after you attack with the Drow Long Knife, you no longer get the bonus damage with the Fullblade, since you are not attuned (as per the level 16 PP feature).
crap you are so right about the Long Knife... DOH... of course this doesnt affect the Death Dealer Variant, might have to change something up.

I really only meant the math on achieveing a 14 or higher with 6 rolls, not the whole shebang.

Item Daily rule is pulled.

Oh, doi, of course item daily rule was scrapped.  Totally forgot that.

14+ on 6d20 = 1-(13/20)^6 = 92.5%

So, while your chances are pretty good, they're low enough that say... in the 2 levels that you have Ultimate Confrontation, you might miss it once.  Which is high enough that I would say go ahead and assume it, especially since if you have any leaders around, there's a decent chance they could give you a misc +2 to hit somewhere (which would increase your chance of hitting to: 97.2%).

If it weren't a daily, that probably wouldn't be good enough for assumption levels. 
Ok well after alot of ups and downs I think the main build is close to solidified.  i changed the Kensi PP to Pathfinder and in doing so picked up a move action after an AP which solved the minor action problem.

This also freed up a feat slot so i went with Agressive Advantage (HotFL) because I needed a way to generate more accuracy and the 1st turn CA goes hand in hand mechanically and thematically to the build.

As a result the overall acurracy improves, the Ultimate Confrontation now needs 1 13 or higher with 6 rolls to hit Demogorgon. So is that 95%?  Not bad.

Damage dropped a bit but oh well, what draws me to this concept now is the accurate and realistic application of Ultimate Confrontation.

Will draft up the Encounter Flare soon.
Nice, that still works out very well; although I would point you at your Blade Cascade (Rune of Resolves Standard Action), and your second Hurricane of Blades (Standard Action ------ Rune of Resolves Standard Action); it looks like you missed something in there.  (If you have the mobility, you could just toss Spur the Cycle in in order to get the extra standard action, assuming you don't have something else in mind.)

And yes, 6 rolls with 13 or higher will be almost exactly 95%. 

Shamma Lamma Ding Dong

Hi! I'm new at these nova things, so I didn't understand one thing: why is the feat Student of the Sword: Student of One-Handed Weapons in the beggining of the build and it is not listed in the feat list?

I'm trying to create this build on CB but I can't until know.

Thanks!

Originally when I first posted the build his PP was Kensai, hence the Fighter MC.  Since then I have changed the PP to Pathfinder and forgot to pull the notations at the top of the CB Summary.  I fixed it.  Thanks for bringing to my attention!

Also, I tweaked the build a bit in the regard of dropping the Drow Long Knife angle which freed a up a feat for Epic Reflexes.  Tweaked the novas accordingly.  
Hi again! I'm not that updated with the Essential rules, but there is no magic item use limit anymore?
Another thing: how did you get Godlike Stature? This is a fighter ED...

Thanks!
No magic item use limit.

Forgot about the Godlike Stature/Eternal Seeker requirement.  Student of the Sword back in the mix.  Tho all my PO instincts are screaming to drop the Fullblade and Pick up a different Epic Destiny now.  I'll think about it.   
Maybe 2 bastard sword could do the trick.
Or if you want the fullblades, I think it may be necessary to ger Battle Awareness.
Not sure...

This is the second powerful build I see involving stormsoul rangers... Promise of Storm is too brutal.

:D