The Big Bang: A Nova Guide
What is a Nova? Well in Dungeons and Dragons a Nova is a round of unprecedented Wupp Ass. The turn you set your sights on that nasty adversary and pull out all the stops.
We have seen DPR (Expected damage per Round via reliable means)…
This is not that thread.
This thread is devoted to what people want to see.
THE BIG NUMBERS.
Just how much can your build possibly hit that Dragon/Demon Lord/Cleverly disguised minion?
This thread will serve to remind us of the glory that is Nova as well as point out tried and true strategies to achieve ridiculous numerical greatness.
If you have a Nova that you feel is worthy of this thread feel free to submit it here.
If a Nova is deemed admissible or non admissible by the Char Op community then such builds will be added and removed as the case may be.
Novas will be categorized as follows:
- Encounter Novas are Novas that utilize AP's, a Set up Round, and Encounter/At Will powers.
- Daily Novas are Novas that utilize whatever means possible.
- "Solar Flares" or "Flares" are Novas that utilize AP's but no Set Up round. There are Encounter and Daily Solar Flares.
- "Mini Novas" are Novas that use no AP's, no set up round, and no Daily powers.
- All Nova submissions should be completely fleshed out and utilize valid, non-situational tactics to achieve a concrete number.
LDB for paving the way and of course for format ideas
Obtusehobbit for the name
Nelphine for helping inspire and establish "Solar Flares"
Langeweile for his awesome Iaijutsu: Guide to Alpha-Striking and solid advice.
To the guys on IRC for helping me
Everyone in the Char Op community for being you.
And without further ado…