11/03/2010 BoaB: "All-In-Fect"

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Building on a Budget, which goes live Wednesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
The main problem with Bloodcheif Ascension is that the two things it wants you to do (burn the opponent for 2, and put cards in their graveyard) are, generally speaking, rather different things.  A friend suggested using it in 2hg, with one side playing burn and the other side mill.  Then it goes turn 1, land from both sides, ascension, shock.  turn 2, land from both sides, shock, glimpse the unthinkable,  8 life left.  Any 1cc spell that deals at least 2 damage will work for shock, I just named the one that they used at the time.

It could count as another megrim, combined with lilana's megrim, and the new "whenever an opponent plays a card, that player either discards a card or loses 5 life".  This uses lilana's megrim to trigger the bloodchief counters.  This'd be u/b, so you could use bounce/card draw to give more things to make them discard.

"I drew Smoldering Spires, played it, prevented Fauna Shaman from blocking, cast Groundswell on my Blight Mamba, cast Assault Strobe on the Blight Mamba, and attacked for ten poison counters."

Is that cool or disgusting?

Well, I'm glad the deck went from:

1. Search "Infect"
2. Select:  Play all.

Thumbs up:-)

"Here's how I sideboard in specific match-ups:"

Good, sir...I SALUTE you.  NICE. 

I've had a lot of fun with infect decks on MTGO since SoM's online release. I've found, though, that the lands that ETB tapped often hurt you more than they help - the curve is pretty tight and not having enough mana to play strobe and vines on turn 3 can make the difference between winning and losing. Some cards I've found helpful:

Infiltration Lens - This is the least helpful but great with Ichorclaw Myr, opponent's don't want to block it and give you two draws, then lose their blocker to a 3/3 or better. It's all downside, so they often let it through... then you hit it with a pump spell... Also pretty good with Blight Mamba and Necropede but not as daunting.

Panic Spellbomb and Flight Spellbomb - Both and the lens are great when you can cast them turn 1, because there are no 1-drops in the deck (except pump spells, which are useless without a creature). Both get you past one or more blockers without tying up mana, and if you have an extra R the panic button doubles as card draw.

Canopy Cover - The sleeper star of the deck. Gives your creature "troll shroud" so you can cast spells on it but your opponent can't. Gets past most blockers, too... does slow you down a little but buys time to draw enough pump spells to win if you don't draw a strobe.

I would suggest cutting back a little on the pump spells (especially Giant Growth it's just outclassed by the others 90% of the time) for one or more of these. Against decks with a lot of blockers or removal spells, it can be hard to get a creature through and have a pump spell to use on it. You can end up drawing *too many* pumps and have no creatures to use them on, these help make sure your creatures stick around a little longer.
Burn is particularly useful with Bloodchief Ascension as it allows you to get a counter on your opponents turn. Once you have an active Ascension, you can use the burn to kill creatures while killing the opponent and boosting your life. Staggershock is particularly good at getting an Ascension active, and Searing Blaze and Hideous End get it active while also killing creatures. Also, if you don't draw the Ascension, you can always just burn them out.
I'm a bit confused as to why Lightning Bolt would make a bad compliment to this deck.  Granted, burning to the dome isn't as viable, but how does a four-tougness creature stop you from using this? It's infect: the counters last.  The wall is a speedbump at best.  Maybe the deck really needs that extra turn, that would understandable. 

Also, I've mentioned Bloodchief before, and I'll repeat my sentiments here:

-Staggershock and the new Arc Trail can both accrue card advantage and charge up the Ascension. 

-Slavering Nulls, Liliana's Spectre and the new Skinrender can keep supplying the damage whilst dumping cards in the 'yard.  Regular discard spells are also nice, but I'm guessing burn will be the major focus of the deck, so it might be best to only use discard that has damage already attached. 

-Contaminated Ground shuts down manlands and Valakuts, and it can lead to the rather sick turn three full-charge.  Not sure if you should try Tectonic Edge or Goblin Ruinblaster, since the mana base for Slavering Nulls would require mostly search-lands and Edges could skew your numbers.  But definitely try Ground, since mana ramp is so keen on their key turns. 

-Probably a bad idea if you go the really aggressive route: some form of milling and/or Haunting Echoes to supplement any discard and removal.  Echoes is a decent five-mana sorcery, removes the graveyard, stopping some shenanigans, but also ensures that whatever you got rid of with discard or burn will not be getting its friends in. 

-definite idea for both aggro and controlling versions: Magma Phoenix.  Obviously not good against red decks, but you've already got the upper hand on those if you can get your Ascension online.  Against everyone else... repeatable damage, card advantage, and breaking symmetry with the Ascension. 

Remember: a Lightning Bolt from their end of the table will trigger the lifedrain.  Counterspells, Cultivates...it doesn't matter where the card is coming from.  Also, milling away Eldrazi does not stop the lifedrain, either.  The cards hit the graveyard regardless.  Not sure how you'd deal with the Titans or Wurmcoils, though.  I suppose discard can get them before they land, and  Magma Phoenix could trade with one in battle if not for their attack triggers... guess good old-fashioned Doom Blade will have to suffice. 
I played a deck similar to this one at Game Day, except I kept it mono-green (a la a tweaked-up version of the previous week's deck).

Putrefax indeed was fairly useless, and I'm glad I kept him sideboarded. There was one U/B control deck for which siding it in was a correct decision, but I hit a land pocket for four turns anyhow...

I actually maindecked 4 Prey's Vengeance, and it left me really wishing they were Primal Bellows instead. +2 power is not really that helpful, and I saw so many Into The Roils and Lightning Bolts in response that the rebound never really mattered.

Oh yeah, and Corpse Cur was pretty useless, but Cystbearer rocked the house. The latter is kind of lame-looking, but that third toughness is critical against all the Trinket Mages and Goblin Guides running around. It also means the bigger pump spells (>= +4) let you kill off Titans and such without losing your guy. 

Two cards I think really could help Jacob's deck: Livewire Lash and Asceticism. The deck's most painful matches are against Big Red and U/B control for their staggering amounts of removal, and Troll Shroud for Everyone is pretty much the best thing ever for those cases. I played the Lash instead of Boar Umbra, and it scared my opponents like you wouldn't believe. Groundswell on a Lash'd unblocked 2-drop infector becomes 9 poison. Critical Hit, yo.

Sadly, I was only playing my single Asceticism, so I didn't get as good of a look at it as I'd like, but if it plays anything close to what little I saw there and at the prerelease sealed event (where I also played infect), it's a card that will cause some opponents to scoop. Between the mono-red decks and U/B control, their only hope seems to lie in counterspells. And those beat everything.

I've considered Smoldering Spires in the mono green deck, but I'm a little squeamish about Primal Bellow getting depowered. Then I considered Panic Spellbomb but couldn't make a cut from the list. As Jacob said, though: with such a focused deck, it's always hard to decide what to cut. I'll definitely reconsider them, since they seem to win him so much... and Assault Strobe is looking pretty good now, too.
Respectfully, I will add my rookie perspective and I would be happy to get any good advice for deck building.

After reading the Infect Week columns this week, I tested out my mono-black deck (fresh with many various Infect creatures from Scars of Mirrodin). It really is a tough deck to beat. It is also very fast.

My lament is that it forces all my other mono-decks to become very fast, just to defend against Infect. So, Infect seems to have taken over my deck building strategies, as if all decks now need to become fast Infect decks. No deck seems to last long enough to get to big, powerful creatures when Poison kills you after only 10 hits.

Maybe fewer Infect creatures need to be added in the next expansion, so that Infect does not become the only game in town.
I'm a bit confused as to why Lightning Bolt would make a bad compliment to this deck.  Granted, burning to the dome isn't as viable, but how does a four-tougness creature stop you from using this? It's infect: the counters last.  The wall is a speedbump at best.  Maybe the deck really needs that extra turn, that would understandable.

The issue with Lightning Bolt vs FLame Slash in this deck is simple.  You aren't ever dealing damage to the player due to the fact that all of your creatures possess Infect.  So even with 4 Lightning Bolts the most damage you could deal is 12.  And as shown Lightning Bolt by itself will not necessarily kill all blockers.  Overgrown Battlement and Wall of Omens come to mind.  Since the goal of the deck is to deal 10 poison counters as fast as possible, wasting time "withering" a creature is not a good thing.  Therefore the 4 damage for 1 mana beats 3 damage for 1 mana everytime.
I like fun, but competitive decks. So I might not play what is optimal but they have normally been tested to have a 2/3 winrate.
Hang on he sideboards out 6 cards and only puts 4 back in for White/Blue control? 
Very good. In response to last week's article, I had been suggesting adding black for better removal and more infect creatures. After seeing this, I take it back. The removal is a nice bonus, but the lands with ETB triggers look like the really important part. Can't be countered, don't take up a spell slot, Smoldering Spires is probably the best way in Standard to prevent blocking so it doesn't even matter if they'd prefer to block because they can't...

Hang on he sideboards out 6 cards and only puts 4 back in for White/Blue control? 

I would assume that it's either a typo (If so, I would guess he meant -1 Flame Slash, -1 Boar Umbra and -2 Cystbearer, because there's still some use for creature removal and pump spells against UB control but a two-drop becomes even more important and Cystbearer doesn't help with that), or that it varies from deck to deck depending on what he's seen. If in game one he saw Wall of Omens and Trinket Mage, for example, then he leaves in the Flame Slash because there is still plenty for it to interact with and takes out all four of the other cards, whereas if he only saw Wall of Omens or not even that then he might take out one Flame Slash but leave the other just in case.

That's all guesswork, though. Who knows.
Ah, Bloodchief Ascension.  I love the card.  I run a BR tapdeath deck and I decided semispontaneously to add the Ascesion to it a long time ago.  The first game I pulled it, I won a turn after it became active.  It combos so insanely well with Cunning Sparkmage.  The Collar might even be optional.  Seems to me to be a BRU theme.  Trinket Mage fetches Basilisk Collar, Preordain digs for Ascension, black gives discard and removal, and red gives burn.  Heck, the deck might even be able to run Ancient Hellkite.

4 Everflowing Chalice
3 Ancient Hellkite
2 Basilisk Collar
3 Trinket Mage
3 Doom Blade
4 Bloodchief Ascension
4 Goblin Arsonist/Ember Hauler
4 Preordain
Et cetera.

Or maybe Destructive Force?
4 Bloodchief Ascension
3/4 Destructive Force
4 Preordain
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Burst Lightning
4 Liliana's Specter/Neurok Invisimancer
4 Everflowing Chalice 
? Halimar Wavewatch (survives Force then becomes a Titan)
2 Something else to finish off the game if it's not already over (Sphinx of Magosi, Quicksilver Gargantuan, Goliath Sphinx, or something of that nature)
Et cetera.

Great card to build around.
After the article last week, I've built my own infect deck (nonstandard). My deck isn't focused as much on winning on turn 3, but is more focused on having my creatures survive. Because let's face it, any sort of removal spell can disrupt your turn 3 win plan. With that in mind, here's the build I'm currently working with.

Creature - 24
4 Blight Mamba
4 Ichorclaw Myr
4 Cystbearer
4 Corpse Cur
4 Putrefax
4 Llanowar Elves - seriously, why is no one running these? The deck has nothing else to play on turn 1, and this allows for turn 2 Cystbearer.

Other Spells - 16
4 Invigorate
4 Vines of Vastwood
4 Boar Umbra
4 Snake Umbra

Land - 20
20 Forest

I'm not so sure about the snake umbra yet. +1/+1 isn't that great, but it promotes the survivability of my infect creatures, and card draw to keep the infect creatures coming. It seems a lot of people don't like Corpse Cur, but from my experience playing against infect, Corpse Cur is about the last infect creature I want to see my opponent play. I want to keep my opponent's infect creatures off the table, and Corpse Cur keeps the infect creatures coming.

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

This is exactly what I expect from a BoaB column.  Kudos; this is by far the highlight of the dailymtg week.
Hi,

Megamaste, I really like your idea of playing Invigorate! Brilliant free-spell addition! Laughing

I have a similar Infect ramp deck, of which I explained the several versions in detail over here:

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

I am not going to cross-post that whole thread over here, so check it out if you like by clicking the above link. This is the current build I have:

Creatures:
4 Ichorclaw Myr
4 Plague Stinger
4 Cystbearer
4 Ichor Rats
3 Necropede

Other spells:
3 Livewire Lash
4 Vines of Vastwood
4 Groundswell
4 Virulent Swipe
4 Canopy Cover

Lands:
10 Forest
8 Swamp
4 Verdant Catacombs

Sideboard: so far...
4 Nature's Claim
4 Doom Blade
4 Autumn's Veil
3 Corpse Cur

Let me know your thoughts!

Cheers!
JVL, here is my answer to your recent challenge... I actuallly came up with this last week, not knowing that you were planning on building something around Bloodchief Ascension... this list came about when I was checking all the black cards in Standard using Gatherer, planning on building a mono-black deck, since I have never used black all my magic life...

Here's the list...

3  Bloodchief Ascension
1  Consume the Meek
1  Consuming Vapors
3  Contagion Clasp
1  Contagion Engine
3  Contaminated Ground
1  Corrupt
3  Dark Tutelage
4  Diabolic Tutor
3  Duress
3  Inquisition of Kozilek
3  Liliana's Caress
2  Mind Rot
2  Mind Sludge
3  Quest for the Nihil Stone

No sideboard yet, though... hoping that you can check out the deck for me, see what you can do about it, improve it, change it, or even ignore it, haha!!! See if you can build me a sideboard for this particular build, just want to try it out on my next FNM... Thanks!!!

Creature - 24
4 Blight Mamba
4 Ichorclaw Myr
4 Cystbearer
4 Corpse Cur
4 Putrefax
4 Llanowar Elves - seriously, why is no one running these? The deck has nothing else to play on turn 1, and this allows for turn 2 Cystbearer.

Other Spells - 16
4 Invigorate
4 Vines of Vastwood
4 Boar Umbra
4 Snake Umbra

Land - 20
20 Forest

Invigorate isn't standard legal.

Photobucket My Trade Thread: The_Fringer's Mercantile Plane (Updated: 1/13/11)

He says that his deck is nonstandard in his post.

He says that his deck is nonstandard in his post.

Didn't see that part, my bad.  Still though, kind of makes the point of playing with all standard legal cards but those four, and discussing it in the context of standard which is what the column is all about kind of irrelevant.

If building casual though, it's obviously a great choice.
Photobucket My Trade Thread: The_Fringer's Mercantile Plane (Updated: 1/13/11)
Hello,

where can I find any examples of decks with  Bloodchief Ascension? I tried to put it in my mono-black Vampire deck, but it didn`t actually worked out. Thought of it as of nice support card, but not one to build a deck around.
Hello,

where can I find any examples of decks with  Bloodchief Ascension? I tried to put it in my mono-black Vampire deck, but it didn`t actually worked out. Thought of it as of nice support card, but not one to build a deck around.

I tend to disagree, I have a B/R discard deck which uses it as a back-up plan. If i don't have or lose my liliana's caress this one works for me. I play some burn (3 bursts & 3 bolts) and in combination with all mt flyers it works like a charm. (on MWS anyhow...) But you do need a back-up plan.

Chandra ablaze rocks in B/R discard! ;P

What up JVL,
Here is my first run at your challenge this week for the Bloodchief Ascension Deck. Let me know what you think still need help on a lot of things including the Side-Board. Hit me up if you have any questions, look  forward to see what you write up next week.

// Lands
    4 [ROE] Swamp (4)
    4 [SOM] Blackcleave Cliffs
    4 [M11] Dragonskull Summit
    3 [M11] Mountain (2)
    4 [WWK] Lavaclaw Reaches
    4 [M11] Terramorphic Expanse 

// Creatures
    4 [M11] Ember Hauler
    4 [ZEN] Gatekeeper of Malakir
    4 [SOM] Perilous Myr
    3 [M11] Reassembling Skeleton

// Spells
    3 [ZEN] Bloodchief Ascension
    3 [M11] Sign in Blood
    4 [M11] Lightning Bolt
    4 [ZEN] Hideous End
    1 [M11] Dark Tutelage
    4 [ROE] Staggershock
    2 [M11] Jinxed Idol
    1 [SOM] Livewire Lash

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [M11] Sign in Blood
SB: 1 [M11] Dark Tutelage
SB: 1 [SOM] Livewire Lash

Ok, here is my take on Bloodchief Ascension deck. This is similar to previous deck posted here, but in fact is just a slight change from this deck posted on www.mtg.ru/forums/strategy/topic421448.h... Main idea is to kill opp with Jinxed Idol or he can do it sacrificing creatures and losing life points from Bloodchief Ascension. There are some other cards that i would like to try in this deck, including Abyssal Persecutor to have "Plan B" in case something bad happened to Idol. Mimic Vat could also be helpful, giving infinite number of creatures to sacrifice. Speaking of Planeswalkers, Liliana Vess can substitute mad wizard Sarkhan the Mad here (which was in original deck). If you choose to include some more artifacts, Phylactery Lich can go in as well. Would like to here you comments. This deck is fun to play with.

1, Culling Dais
4,Jinxed Idol

4,Bloodghast
3,Mitotic Slime
4,Mortician Beetle
2,Nest Invader
4,Pawn of Ulamog
4,Viscera Seer

3,Bloodchief Ascension

2,Act of Treason
3,Consuming Vapors
4,Mark of Mutiny

9,Swamp
4,Dragonskull Summit
3,Khalni Garden
3,Lavaclaw Reaches
3,Raging Ravine

I just can't seem to get the last few counters using my mono green infect deck. I'm thinking of shifting to a blue black manna base to get access to proliferate. my latest thought on a Blue Black infect deck is below.

4 Thrumming bird
2 Neurok invisimancer
4 Ichor Rats
4 Plague Stinger
1 Hand of Praetors
4 Ironclaw Myr

4 Steady Progress
4 Turn Aside
4 Distortion strike
3 Virulent Swipe
3 Grasp of Darkness

10 Islands
10 Swamp
4 Evolving Wilds

Hey all, I know I might be a bit behind with the all-in-fect deck....but I found something absolutely ridiculous and put it in the deck.

I put two livewire lash into the deck...+2 poison counter to target player everytime the equipped creature becomes the target of spells or abilities.

Even more game winning right there.

Thought you guys might enjoy that. Thanks!
I just can't seem to get the last few counters using my mono green infect deck. I'm thinking of shifting to a blue black manna base to get access to proliferate. my latest thought on a Blue Black infect deck is below.

4 Thrumming bird
2 Neurok invisimancer
4 Ichor Rats
4 Plague Stinger
1 Hand of Praetors
4 Ironclaw Myr

4 Steady Progress
4 Turn Aside
4 Distortion strike
3 Virulent Swipe
3 Grasp of Darkness

10 Islands
10 Swamp
4 Evolving Wilds

Pretty good.  I would consider using a few more Hand of the Praetors (unless you don't have them) and Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon (unless again you don't have them).  I'd suggest removing two of the Ichor Rats.  Fast poison is nice but giving yourself four poison doesn't seen that great.
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)
Excellent job.  This is what I expect from a BOAB article. 

I love how this deck went from Bloodchiefs ascension to "Vampires with ONE BCA".

Seriously, that's a whole bucket of fail.

Not that the Vampire deck is bad or anything, it's just that he doesn' use the BCA enchantment by the end of the game.

It seems to me that a more creative approch would be Goblins with splashed black BSA.  Goblins currently try to run the Quest for the Goblin enchantment to make the deck 'power out' by turn 4 or so.   Meanwhile they're vunerable to sweepers.  If instead you went Turn 1 BCA, turn 2 Hasty Goblin, turn 2.5 Bolt (assuming new dual land from Scars).  Turn 3 is goblin, Goblin Kicked, swing for 7 or so and power up the BCA.  Now what ever your opponent plays to deal with the goblins is going to deal 2 to them plus pump your life total. 

Sorry, but the deck migration just went to known vampire variants and didn't do much else.  No innovative recurring offense and plinks of damage (such as a sacrifice outlet such as blade of the bloodchief, bloodghast with Kalastria Highborn)

I think a Bloodchief Ascension-based deck is a bit sketchy right now. I am not saying it's impossible. Yes, a deck can be construded by I don't think it can be as competitive as the previously posted Infect deck. I actually tried using that deck and so far I've been getting good results.

Here's the list that I made:

Creatures:
4 Ichorclaw Myr
4 Blight Mamba
4 Necropede
4 Cystbearer
2 Corpsecur

Spells:
4 Vines of Vastwood
4 Groundswell
4 Assault Strobe
2 Giant Growth
2 Flame Slash

Equipment:
2 Livewire Lash

Lands:
4 Copperline Gorge
4 Teetering Peeks
4 Smoldering Spires
4 Verdant Catacombs
8 Forest

Sideboard:
2 Corpsecur
2 Giant Growth
1 Livewire Lash
2 Putrefax
2 Flame Slash
4 Fling
2 Prey's Vengeance

Livewire Lash has great synergy with this deck. "Troll Shroud" is an understatement to what it does for this deck if ever it is in play. Turn 3 finishes are always exciting but if ever the games get dragged down to a slow, boggy, control matchup, the Lash is a great accompaniment to incremental Poison-ing of an opponent. I have even considered adding U in the mix just so I can play Trinket Mage to fetch it and play Distortion Strike as a utility card. I just haven't tried testing those.

Also, Fling has been really great off the sideboard because it gives your deck extra Poison speed if you need it and also added evasion from Instant removal. Sac it for 1 Poison counter, why not?

I hope this deck gets a competitive breakthrough. It's just really good! Especially considering how cheap the pieces are. Wiping the field with expensive Jace, the Metasculptor-powered decks around is also really fun.
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Type 2: Graveyard Shift UB Control MBC Legacy: Merfolk Bant Aggro

Livewire Lash has great synergy with this deck. "Troll Shroud" is an understatement to what it does for this deck if ever it is in play. Turn 3 finishes are always exciting but if ever the games get dragged down to a slow, boggy, control matchup, the Lash is a great accompaniment to incremental Poison-ing of an opponent. I have even considered adding U in the mix just so I can play Trinket Mage to fetch it and play Distortion Strike as a utility card. I just haven't tried testing those.

Also, Fling has been really great off the sideboard because it gives your deck extra Poison speed if you need it and also added evasion from Instant removal. Sac it for 1 Poison counter, why not?

I hope this deck gets a competitive breakthrough. It's just really good! Especially considering how cheap the pieces are. Wiping the field with expensive Jace, the Metasculptor-powered decks around is also really fun.

Livewire Lash is good, and when playing infect my biggest problems are with other fast decks that can match its creatures or even put more into play right away than I can. Having my first several creatures removed or blocked puts me into topdeck mode too soon, the Lash is a reusable source of damage that even makes my pump spells reach that much further.

However, Trinket Mage can't tutor the Lash because it costs 2. And Fling doesn't give poison counters, it just counts the power of the creature you sacrificed. Fling doesn't have infect and it is the source of the damage, not the creature.

The G/u version of infect can be pretty powerful though... in some ways Distortion Strike is better than Assault Strobe since it ignores blockers for two attacks and pumps the creature a bit. Counters and bounce can go further than Flame Slash in removing threats. I've tried a deck with just Distortion and one with a few counters too, and the blue spells have won me some games that would have been unwinnable otherwise.

Canopy Cover seems like an unlikely choice, given that people have the automatic "Auras are bad! Two-for-one!" reaction, but it has really performed well for me. It's cheap enough to sneak in when your opponent taps out - by casting a blocker on his turn 2 for example, you can Cover your attacker your turn 3 and still have a mana available to cast Groundswell. Or turn 4, if he taps out to cast a creature and remove your attacker next turn, with 4 mana you can cast a 2-drop and Cover it. Unless your opponent has bounce or enchantment kill, your attacker is hard to block and immune to targetted removal, but you can still target it with pump spells.

I think a combination of Canopy Cover and Livewire Lash should help against creature-heavy and removal-heavy decks. The deck is very powerful but loses if the game drags out too long. I think it could be a contender but we'll probably have to wait a few months for more options in Besieged to push it over the top.

I recently put a version of this deck together, and Livewire Lash is absolutely essential. I've won multiple times simply by targeting my creature with a spell and having it deal lethal poison damage to my opponent. Once I won by dealing all 10 counters that way, while my UW opponent sulked behind a couple of worthless blockers.
I think I might actually want to put in a third lash. It takes a while to double equip, but if it works, then you're dealing out 4 poison counters for each pump spell you cast! I haven't tested it, so I don't know yet if double equipping is worth it, or if it turns out you never want to draw more than one lash a game. Any thoughts?

Edit: After putting in the third Lash, I think its the right choice. I almost never dislike drawing one, and there are times where two are good. I board them out for speed when necessary. 
Profile picture by Mackenzie Schubert www.plaincomics.com
Sign In to post comments