Magic Set Editor

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
This application lets you create your own cards.

magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

Interesting, but does it let you mess with the layout or change the base graphics of the card? Like say you wanted to create something like Unhinged-style land, or things of that nature?

Without the ability to move around the fields and change backgrounds, its not very useful for making your own Omega Tech and such.
Interesting, but does it let you mess with the layout or change the base graphics of the card? Like say you wanted to create something like Unhinged-style land, or things of that nature?

Without the ability to move around the fields and change backgrounds, its not very useful for making your own Omega Tech and such.

If you wanted to use Magic Set Editor to make Gamma World cards, you would need to make a template for the cards first. Making the template is a little hard if you've never done it before, but it wouldn't be that far off of a magic card template, seeing as all you need is the two text boxes, albeit tilted slightly, plus a couple of random fields up top. Check out here for more about custom templates: mtg.pifro.com/index.php
Excellent. Thx UHF. Will play around more with this and let you know.

I may not be able to get the cards looking exactly alike without the correct templates but it prints to the right size with the quick sample card I did up. Looks like it may fit what I want to do.

Thx again UHF!Laughing
GMT +10 (Aussie, Aussie, Aussie ....)
I've made several templates for MSE in the past. (magi-nation, a dreamblade standee template, and a few D&D templates)

I was thinking about doing one for GW. I'm thinking I'd use some of the backgrounds in the card templates thread, but I'd like access to more for things like powers, traits, the new Cryptic Alliance cards, et cetera.
astralArchivist.com - 4e D&D house rules, homebrew, and story hours - now featuring ENWorld's Zeitgeist adventure path! Will Thibault is a winged, feathered serpent rarely found anywhere except in warm, jungle-like regions or flying through the ether. Due to his intelligence and powers he is regarded with awe by the inhabitants of his homelands and is considered to be divine.
I've made several templates for MSE in the past. (magi-nation, a dreamblade standee template, and a few D&D templates) I was thinking about doing one for GW. I'm thinking I'd use some of the backgrounds in the card templates thread, but I'd like access to more for things like powers, traits, the new Cryptic Alliance cards, et cetera.

Excellent! Wouldn't mind seeing those D&D ones too.
GMT +10 (Aussie, Aussie, Aussie ....)
I've started work on one myself, using the background in another thread. I personally on't like the tilting text, but I've not really found any other options.