Is Infect damage considred Combat damage?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
If a card says "all combat damage is prevented this turn" does that mean poison damage as well?

I thoughtpoison still counted as combat damage, but I've heard people say things like "If a creature deals damage any other way it is not considered combat damage."

Just wanna' clear things up.

Thanks.
I am Blue/Green
Combat damage is all damage assigned/dealt by attacking or blocking creatures as a turn-based action in the combat damage step.  Having infect doesn't change this.
Infect doesnt cause a source to deal damage in a different way, it just changes the effect of that damage (when it is dealt to players or creatures). Combat damage from a source with Infect is still combat damage, and non-combat damage from a source with Infect is still non-combat damage.

~ Tim
I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
If you equip Prodigal Pyromancer with Grafted Exoskeleton and he attacks and deals damage, that's combat damage and would be prevented (no poison coumters), however, if he tapped and used his activated ability : Prodigal Pyromancer deals 1 damage to target creature or player. to damage you, that's not combat damage and wouldn't be prevented (you'd get a poison counter).

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013  - If you have any concerns with my conduct as a judge, feel free to submit feedback here.
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Sign In to post comments