Monster questions?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have seen the post about people using MM through MM3 monsters which is good because the book is a little lacking. I mean one minion? I keep looking for more but I never find any.

So has any one found equivalent monsters out of the DND books for Gamma, sort of a template? I love the flavor or things like Badders, Porkers and Hoops? Just looking to have more variants and different levels of creatures? Or do people make new monsters?

Maybe
goblin = Hoops, Badders
Orc = Porker

Just some quick thoughts 
I'm reading the book right now but haven't got to the monsters section yet. One minion? That's a little disappointing. I'd assumed that the Gamma World box was ALL you needed to play the game from 1st-10th level, but if the monster choices are so limited, then maybe it's not really enough? What do you think? I don't have any D&D books, and I don't want to have to buy any to GM Gamma World.
I'm reading the book right now but haven't got to the monsters section yet. One minion? That's a little disappointing. I'd assumed that the Gamma World box was ALL you needed to play the game from 1st-10th level, but if the monster choices are so limited, then maybe it's not really enough? What do you think? I don't have any D&D books, and I don't want to have to buy any to GM Gamma World.

You can boost monster up a few levels with this simple trick:
for every level, increase its attack rolls, defenses, and AC by 1. And for every two levels, increase the damage it deals with its attacks by 1. The monster gets extra Hit Point based on role. Depending on how front line that role is, pick a mulitpler of 6-10 and then use the formula X + Con + (Level times X).

Now that Essentials are out, you can probably pick up an older DMG in the bargin bin, it has a good chapter on modifiing monsters.
To minionize any monster:  Give it 1 HP.  All attacks do minimum damage rather than rolling.  Worth 1/4 XP.