Famine at Far-Go release date changed

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
According to my store's WotC rep- Famine at Far-Go has been pushed back to December 10th for Premeire stores (making it December 21st for everyone else). The product page on Wizards' site has not been updated with this information.

My guess is that they did not want Gamma World to have to compete with all the Essentials releases coming out next month, plus the box set just dropped a week or two ago. I think it was a wise move and my wallet thanks them.
only problem is my group will be done with the introductory encounter by then, and possibly past the levels for the expansion by a month later

my wallet might like it, but it's going to mean possibly a different set of characters leveled up to go through the adventure.
Argh.  I was really looking forward to having the new origins...
I'm also sure that WotC is hoping that GW GMs will wonder what they can do for an adventure in the mean time and see that the Monster Vault will be out sooner than Far-Go.Tongue out
I'm also sure that WotC is hoping that GW GMs will wonder what they can do for an adventure in the mean time and see that the Monster Vault will be out sooner than Far-Go.

Haha good call. Another GM said that MM3 monsters port over perfectly, and I plan on mutating some creatures from the Dark Sun Creature Catalog
Oh well. At least Gamma World came out on time; I'm one for three.

No biggie. Home-brew away! 
I'm also sure that WotC is hoping that GW GMs will wonder what they can do for an adventure in the mean time and see that the Monster Vault will be out sooner than Far-Go.

Haha good call. Another GM said that MM3 monsters port over perfectly, and I plan on mutating some creatures from the Dark Sun Creature Catalog

Speaking of, what do I need to know about Dark Sun monster themes? I don't have the DMGII, so I don't know if theme powers add to, or replace current monster powers.
Was just at my FLGS today for Encounters.

He confirmed that he won't have Far-Go until December 12 (he's a premier store).

Boo
AlexandraErin: If last season was any indication, I think Encounters is pretty much the elemental opposite of "organized" play!
Bugger. And here I was hoping itd be out by the time my group is ready to start a new campaign.
Bugger. And here I was hoping itd be out by the time my group is ready to start a new campaign.

Well Content calandar for november was released today, still says November 16th...one can hope right?
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
Release date is now December 21st on Amazon as well.  Looks like it's official.
I'm bummed, but maybe this means that they're spending some extra time to make the product better. You know, by editing it.
Gamma World Origins Half-Sheets: Horizontal (FiFG) Vertical (GW) FiFG coming soon
Not a chance. FiFG is already on the boat from china.
Items tend to reach the printer about SIX MONTHS before the release date. After that point, no changes can be made.
AlexandraErin: If last season was any indication, I think Encounters is pretty much the elemental opposite of "organized" play!
I'm bummed, but maybe this means that they're spending some extra time to make the product better. You know, by editing it.

Not a chance. FiFG is already on the boat from china.
Items tend to reach the printer about SIX MONTHS before the release date. After that point, no changes can be made.

Too funny- had this very same exchange on a thread regarding the same topic over on rpg.net forums
some one at my store is running the 2nd ed Gamma World adventure, just changing the stats around.
And not good for those of us hoping to put the Expansion on our Christmas want-list. My family won't be thrilled with having to wait that long and likes to have their shopping done before Dec 21 and they won't want to drive 45 minutes to visit my premeire store even if I might.

I was really hoping to launch a campaign before this, but since the GW Game Day module is a high-priced collectable and the Expansion is pushed back, this really cramps my style. I was really hoping to run a WotC module my first time or so GMing before I try to improvise too much....

Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playing 5E D&D and liking it! OD&D player since 1975