Gamma world with no GM

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
If there a way to do this? Gamma world did seem to be a quick pick up game-is there some way to run it without a GM?
I'm sure there's a way to do it but it's easier to have someone directing traffic, so to speak. The game is written and meant for 1 DM and 5 player running player characters.

There's a wonderful tool on the web, it's called GOOGLE. www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rl...

I took a stab in the dark and searched for D&D without a dm since, well, Gamma World is written based off the D&D 4e rules.

Basically, you have a deck of random encounter cards, random monsters, etc. But then, why don't you go play a boardgame? (paraphrased from the very first post).

It'd be fine to play it this way, in my opinion it would just be Talisman with gamma world characters.
Basically, you have a deck of random encounter cards, random monsters, etc. But then, why don't you go play a boardgame? (paraphrased from the very first post).

Not really. WotC did a solo adventure for D&D 4E in a Dragon mag. There is no reason something similar couldn't be done for Gamma World. Granted you would need someone else to design it so that you don't know the story ahead of time. Tunnels and Trolls excelled in that market when it came out. They are kinda like a choose-your-own-adventure book.

It'd be fine to play it this way, in my opinion it would just be Talisman with gamma world characters.

Who wouldn't want a Talisman with gamma world characters?

Identical Games

D&D Published World foums at The Piazza (Dark Sun, Mystara, Spelljammer, Planescape, and more); Core Coliseum; D&D Material including my Master/Expert DM Competition entries

I gotta second that. gamma world talisman would rock.
Another thing to remember is that in gamma world, the monsters range from levels 1-6 with one level 10 solo supermonster.

Theoretically, level+5 is within the permissible encounter design range for monsters being appropriate.  So a level 1 group could theoretically face a level 6 monster.

So you figure out what the XP budget is and you draw a monster.  Still have XP left?  Draw another monster.

Run from the Eradicator MK3 if it ever gets pulled. 
Sign In to post comments