Gammanon

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is dedicated to those of us who wish to talk about our addiction to Gamma World Cards.  I'm convinced that the Stupendico - Contact Crack may have something to do with it.

"Hello,
My name is Doug, and I'm a Gammaholic.  I bought 4 packs yesterday, but I'm hoping to kick the habit."

Who's next?
Hi Doug!

My name is ---, and I'm in denial about the Gamma-thing. Still a problem.

Who is NEXT!
GAMMA WORLD Wuv D&D: Beyond the RPG - Transcript This is a complete transcript. http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/22329697?sdb=1&pg=last#390668593 The audio file is in this News Archive http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4news/DNDXP 2010 D&D Product Overview (47 minutes into the Audio) http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/22329697?sdb=1&pg=last#390928045
Hi, my name is Caz and I've bought six boosters so far. Man, do I love the mutations. 
Hi my name is Battles, and I've bought 7 boosters.

But I just got Explode! in my last pack, so I may be able to relax for a while.

Who's next?
Gamma World Origins Half-Sheets: Horizontal (FiFG) Vertical (GW) FiFG coming soon
I swore I would not buy boosters, still haven't.  But I have looked for them in every store I have been in around our area.  I must admit, I would buy some if I found some.  But I haven't yet!!
This thread is dedicated to those of us who wish to talk about our addiction to Gamma World Cards.

That's really a Thing? Awesome... I wouldn't have guessed. The idea of obtaining cards didn't even remotely interest me (likely because they didn't have pictures on them), but I'm glad to see that they still might be profitable for WotC.

I swore I would not buy boosters, still haven't.  But I have looked for them in every store I have been in around our area.  I must admit, I would buy some if I found some.  But I haven't yet!!

My name is Ben and I have 4 booster packs I would have more but I want the Famine in Fargo set, so I am holding my Desire for cards till a later time, I however can't understand the dislike of the packs. Either get them or don't,  You can have a minimum of 7 cards it is very easy to meta-game and if you don't like to meta-game then just buy them to put them all together and have a great and funny deck full of random things.

Who's next

PS: When does Famine in Fargo come out? 

PS: When does Famine in Fargo come out? 

Dec. 10 at cool stores, Dec. 21 everywhere else
Achievements: 06/28/10 - MODERAT0WND!!11 06/30/10 - A Friendly Nod 07/04/10 - Troll Infiltrators 11/16/10 - RIP CB (What you are paying for should work; is it?) 12/20/10 - "No Way! That's Great...*chuckle*...WE'VE RERELEASED GAMMA WORLD!" Scapegoat of the Month for November: Pirates
I don't have a problem......I bought 3 packs yesterday.......no problem...no. Last week the gnome at the game store game the first pack free. I liked it...I am in total control. Oh it is alright I only bought 3 packs. What is the issue....I can control it. I think I will buy 3 more tomorrow to show you guys that I am in control... I could have bought 6. See I am still in full control.......no problem here.
I've tried to consider myself leaning to the anti-card camp, and yet I just game back the comic store with a full 24 box of boosters which I am now carefully putting in their little sleeves. It sure made the comic guy happy, but what the @$(@ is wrong with me?
Guys you are so happy. I've been in all dens shops in our city and they don't sell booster. But my dealer local shop owner promised to get me some. So I would be happy to.
I don't have a problem, but it's fascinating to watch people who do.

For instance, I wonder what will happen if I provide a link to an online store that sells singles

store02.prostores.com/servlet/auggiesgam...
AlexandraErin: If last season was any indication, I think Encounters is pretty much the elemental opposite of "organized" play!
I don't have a problem, but it's fascinating to watch people who do.

For instance, I wonder what will happen if I provide a link to an online store that sells singles

store02.prostores.com/servlet/auggiesgam...

Auggies was mentioned in another thread. I put in an order a week or two ago and received the cards in a timely manner. 

I bought boosters until I hit the half way point.  I have no doubles of any rares or uncommons and a handful of doubles of commons.  At this point, I'm just not going to buy a booster and risk having so many doubles.

Auggie's is great and I'll probably use it to get a bunch of commons and uncommons the next time I order some D&D miniatures. 
I have  bought 4 booster packs (+ the one that came in the Core box) and all together I only have 1 duplicate so far.... better than I expected
I placed an order with my dealer FLGS owner last week. I can't wait to tear the shiny wrappers off them when they get here.
I have bought a total of ten packs, with shipping and handling to my little island it costs me about $5 a pack.  Thats capitlism at work, supply and demand and all.  But hey I could be spending the money on crack and hookers.
I have bought a total of ten packs, with shipping and handling to my little island it costs me about $5 a pack.  Thats capitlism and work,supply and demand and all.  But hey i could be spending the money on crack and hookers. 

Two of the three sound worthy of money (booster packs & hookers)!!

I have purchased 10 packs, gotten 2 free and I haven't even bothered to see if I have a full set or not.

I do wish thet were not random. I will buy them until I have them all,and I don't mind some duplication. Heck even triplication..... I Dm using only my decks, there are no PC decks so it works out.
I have bought a total of ten packs, with shipping and handling to my little island it costs me about $5 a pack.  Thats capitlism and work,supply and demand and all.  But hey i could be spending the money on crack and hookers. 

Two of the three sound worthy of money (booster packs & hookers)!!

I always thought hookers came with the crack, or was it crack with the hookers.  Anyway each to his own. I'll stick to booster packs. 

I have purchased 10 packs, gotten 2 free and I haven't even bothered to see if I have a full set or not.

I do wish thet were not random. I will buy them until I have them all,and I don't mind some duplication. Heck even triplication..... I Dm using only my decks, there are no PC decks so it works out.

Dido, I'll purchase packs until I get them all, then I may purchase some more.   I Gm and I will be the one to purchase the game material for GW. 
And the winner for "Most Addicted" probably goes to whomever won this auction: $68.00 for one card...

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&r...

Admittadley, I don't know how else you'd get that card if you wanted it though...
HAS anyone bought a second box set so that they have a TWO of each of the basic cards???

Surprised
GAMMA WORLD Wuv D&D: Beyond the RPG - Transcript This is a complete transcript. http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/22329697?sdb=1&pg=last#390668593 The audio file is in this News Archive http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4news/DNDXP 2010 D&D Product Overview (47 minutes into the Audio) http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/22329697?sdb=1&pg=last#390928045
HAS anyone bought a second box set so that they have a TWO of each of the basic cards???

I have been thinking about it......after the new year I was planning it.

I bought all the commons from the boosters.  Now I am thinking about buying the rest.  Curse this game and it's goodness!!

I'm thinking about it.

It's the same cost per card as the boosters.

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Game Designer, The Queen's Cavaliers

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion

I had the core rulebook stolen with my backpack at the beach.  I ended up buying another set of the rules.  So I have two gm decks.  Another guy in our group bought the core GW set, so we have been playing with three gm decks.  We played the Iron King adventure with 3 gm decks, 13 booster packs making a super gm deck.  I think the next time we play we should have 5 more booster packs and will start using player decks.  I plan to let players choose cards from 2 gm decks for thier player decks.
I have considered it as well - The other benefit would be to get more tokens, since the core set tokens were printed absolutely idiotic (instead of printing 4 of one kind on the backs of four of another, they split them up all wierd - impossible to organize)