Gamma World Character Generator

30 posts / 0 new
Last post

In order to speed up the character generation process on Game Day last Saturday, I created a small program for generating a character with a click of the mouse.  It worked pretty well, so I thought I would offer it to the group if anyone is interested.  You need .Net framework 4 to run it and it is about 98k so it isn't very big.  Everything is automated and random except for armor/shield and weapon selection.  Message me with your email address if you are interested.

There's already a non-microsoft version in javascript out there (see the Character Builder thread). Does this have graphics included with it or does it print out a fully filled character sheet?

Just askin, not trying to be snarky. Personally, I am beginning to dislike anything .NET related, but I'm curious to see what you've done.
I'd really like a random generator you can use, but still takes you through it step by step, to get the feel for the process of making the character. Maybe someway you can chose to override the automatic origin selection and either chose one, or both, manually. Graphics would be nice too, and I do like the idea of giving it to you in a character sheet all filled in as well.
No problem, I haven't put any graphics on it and there's not a print out option (yet.)  I want to get it added eventually, but I really don't have a lot of time.  Thanks for telling me about the Javascript one though, I'll have to check it out. 
I'm actually working on a web-based version that will take you step-by-step through the process or 100% and then provide you with a fully-filled out character sheet, either the official WotC one (boo!) or my Encounters-based one (yay!). The only browser that will probably have trouble is Internet Exploder, but you'll be able to use the page *if* you have flash installed.

That's what it looks like, pretty sparse but it does the trick...
Thats pretty nice, but security things with your profile wont let me see it any larger. Now just program a way to fill in character sheets and the ability to manually select origins if you so choose.
O man I want it!  My players usally have their characters up on their laptops when we play dnd anyways, so if it doesn't export to a sheet thats no big deal.  Does it have all the powers in the game typed into it as well?  Send me a copy I gutta check it out! Ramenhood@yahoo.com

In order to speed up the character generation process on Game Day last Saturday, I created a small program for generating a character with a click of the mouse.  It worked pretty well, so I thought I would offer it to the group if anyone is interested.  You need .Net framework 4 to run it and it is about 98k so it isn't very big.  Everything is automated and random except for armor/shield and weapon selection.  Message me with your email address if you are interested.

You must be friends with this user to send a private message.

Is there another way to contact you? I'd really appreciate having this.

Ditto.
Could you mail it to me? Relo999@live.nl

Feed them: IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/WNZv.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/Poc3.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/SlF8.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/EvFK.gif)
Could you send me a copy as well please? simpo888@gmail.com
I like it, but I must say I am really hoping that they will add a Gamma World section to the Character Builder. I would renew my DDI subscription in a heartbeat to get it!
I would love to have a copy too. alex_cyberwolf@hotmail.com
Has anyone received a copy?
I would like to get a copy of this character builder as well

csmajors42 (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks

Tried to message you, but you have your messages at Friends Only. Could you please send me a copy to ladybearheart AT gmail DOT com.

Thank you!

Sorry for the delay folks, I have been out of town and my computer was also on the frix.  I'll be sending it out to everyone that wanted it shortly.
Ok, I think I got it sent out to everyone that was interested.  Please let me know what you think about it.  Sorry again for the delay.    By the way, I have received bounce backs from the following addresses:

ladybearheart AT gmail DOT com
csmajors42 AT gmail DOT com
simpo888 AT gmail DOT com
Ok, I think I got it sent out to everyone that was interested.  Please let me know what you think about it.  Sorry again for the delay.    By the way, I have received bounce backs from the following addresses:

That's odd, as it is my address. But, those are all three gmail addies, so maybe gmail is just hating you right now. Try this one for me instead: elfwench AT att DOT net.

Thank you.

That's odd, as it is my address. But, those are all three gmail addies, so maybe gmail is just hating you right now. Try this one for me instead: elfwench AT att DOT net.

Thank you.

Here's what I'm getting:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

ladybearheart@gmail.com
I sent it to: elfwench AT att DOT net so let me know if you get it. 

Got it there! Thank you!

Got it there! Thank you!

Can anyone host this on soem file sharing page?

I'd be happy to, any recommendations?
Mediafire is good.
I would love to try it out as well.

hoodoo AT hoofrog DOT com 
Mediafire is good.

I hope this works! 

www.mediafire.com/?f4hji3n5dfc86f5
Mediafire is good.

I hope this works! 

www.mediafire.com/?f4hji3n5dfc86f5

Works wonderfully. I'm android/giant Thanks a lot.
Thanks for creating/posting this.  It works perfectly for random characters and gives just enough of a push for players that want to roll their own stats (using everything else from your program).

Thanks again!!!
_________________________________________________________ Craedus - Gatherer of new GW locales for the GW Community Atlas
Sign In to post comments