Where are the rules on ammo?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've been giving out an amount of ammo to my players, but I have heard that you get only like 2 pieces, and than it is gone.

Where in the rulebook is this rule?
I've been giving out an amount of ammo to my players, but I have heard that you get only like 2 pieces, and than it is gone.

Where in the rulebook is this rule?

You either have ammo or you don't. If you have ammo and use it one an encounter you retain ammo. If you use it more that once an encounter you lose all your ammo and need to find more before using it again.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
Page 75-76.  For some reason, I thought it was a saving throw to avoid running out of ammo.
Page 75-76.  For some reason, I thought it was a saving throw to avoid running out of ammo.

It will be in my games. But then, I like it when players go rock 'n roll.
I remember in some game it was checked on a fumble (natural 1). You weapon was stuck anmd unusable and if you failed the check you were also out of ammo. Something like this.
Also from page 75-76 if one pc has ammo he can give all his ammo to another pc.
So everyone that dose not carry a gun can carry an ammo load and reload the gun bunny after combat.

Mock you could just make finding ammo as part of a treasure reward so common that your pcs will almost never have to worry. ( I am "gun shy" about most house rules so I will advocate against them when I can)
But have fun whatever you do
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
Also from page 75-76 if one pc has ammo he can give all his ammo to another pc.
So everyone that dose not carry a gun can carry an ammo load and reload the gun bunny after combat.

Mock you could just make finding ammo as part of a treasure reward so common that your pcs will almost never have to worry. ( I am "gun shy" about most house rules so I will advocate against them when I can)
But have fun whatever you do

Oh, totally. Discussing various ammo houserules on another forum, a poster there pointed out that guns are more powerful than other weapons because their use is likely to be more rare (or something to that effect). So unless you want more gun use, it's probably not a good idea to make it easier to have ammo. On the other hand, if you do want more shootin', then ammo it is.

Fortunately, there are several ways to handle ammunition that would still work with the game, and which can vary the feel of the game, so I can experiment to see what works (I tend to be house-rule averse too, unless it seems like a good way to add something I really want to the game).  I was going to just do ammo chits, and you burn one per encounter, but I like the tension of the saving throw instead. 

So lots of ideas to try out. Could be in the end that the rules-as-written work out best, though.
Guns are only a /little/ better than other weapons.  Yeah, they'll usually be used 1/encounter, but if you decide to burn through your ammo, you might as well open up and shoot every round, so they can't be the equal of full-on encounter powers.

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

Sign In to post comments