Fillable Card PDF?

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Has anyone made a fillable pdf for card creation? It would allow the GW community to create and share alpha, omega-tech and origin cards.
Again, as was stated before, I highly suggest that you NOT do this. It is reproducing the work that WotC is doing and could be very bad for the Gamma World community.

Imagine going in to a bookstore, buying the GW basic set and just photocopying it and giving it away to everyone.

What would happen to the GW game then? WotC would stop producing for it and possibly sue whomever was giving away the photo copies.

A fillable PDF for making your own cards of word-for-word copied texts should not be created. ESPECIALLY for trading with other GW community members.

The only thing it would be good for is creating custom, new powers created by the community.

I would also be partial to new cards for things that aren't explicitly cards such as origins, criticals, etc. Which has already been done.
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant allowing us (the GW forum community) to create cards for the origin, alpha, and omega-tech that we create.

As far as I'm aware, there might be problems doing so (I'm not 100% on Adobe Forms) due to text rotation on the cards.

It could easily be done with SVG.

The only problem with this is that since we have card references, there's no way to stop people from converting all the reference text into substitute cards. That would REALLY tick WotC off.

The only thing it would be good for is creating custom, new powers created by the community.

I think thats exactly what they meant by it, if im not mistaken.
Tools that might be used for copyright violation aren't a copyright violation in themselves, as I understand it (which is not all that well).
Undecided
Personally, I have three bits of Omega Tech I've re-adapted from older versions of the game that I wouldn't mind being able to put on better-looking cards.

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

Tools that might be used for copyright violation aren't a copyright violation in themselves, as I understand it (which is not all that well).

Personally, I have three bits of Omega Tech I've re-adapted from older versions of the game that I wouldn't mind being able to put on better-looking cards.

You are correct. Big Media tried to ban VCRs on the claim that video piracy would kill the movie and TV industries in a couple of years.
The courts disagreed, because there were legitimate uses for the technology.

As we know, the film industry promptly exploded in a puff of piracy and ceased to exist.

THAT BEING SAID...

If you don't insist on your custom cards looking like "Legit" GW cards... there are tools.

www.godeckyourself.com/home.seam

One style of card duplicates the style produced by the DDI character builder
AlexandraErin: If last season was any indication, I think Encounters is pretty much the elemental opposite of "organized" play!

You are correct. Big Media tried to ban VCRs on the claim that video piracy would kill the movie and TV industries in a couple of years.
The courts disagreed, because there were legitimate uses for the technology.

As we know, the film industry promptly exploded in a puff of piracy and ceased to exist.

THAT BEING SAID...

If you don't insist on your custom cards looking like "Legit" GW cards... there are tools.

Nice site! I'll be bookmarking this.

Still, I'd love a template to fill out and modify offline.

Here are some Templates i create (Background was taken from someone else).This is not with the purpose of piracy,but to create your own cards and share them with everyone else.

Remember to support Gamma World community.

Cards Dimentions are: 6.3 cm Height - 8.54 cm Width / Kind of Magic the gathering cards size.

Alpha Template's:

Alpha Psi,Alpha Bio and Alpha Dark.

IMAGE(http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww271/irshadows/Internet%20Host/th_AlphaPsiTemplate.png)  IMAGE(http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww271/irshadows/Internet%20Host/th_AlphaBioTemplate.png)  IMAGE(http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww271/irshadows/Internet%20Host/th_AlphaDarkTemplate.png)

Omega Template:

IMAGE(http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww271/irshadows/Internet%20Host/th_CardTemplateOmega.png)

Example with a in game card:

IMAGE(http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww271/irshadows/Internet%20Host/th_BForceFieldGeneration.png)

This post: community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

The fun part is that the rules TELL YOU to make customs!
Page 87, in the gray box.
AlexandraErin: If last season was any indication, I think Encounters is pretty much the elemental opposite of "organized" play!
lol

THAT BEING SAID...

Great site, and have created some cards for use within my games ... but ... you can't upload Zed's templates above for use within the site (unless I'm doing something wrong).

May have to upload his cards into Word and see if something can be done there. Still like to know what you used to do your cards Zed

EDIT: The increased size required to work on distorts the image in Word so that won't work ...
GMT +10 (Aussie, Aussie, Aussie ....)

Use any image editor,i personally use Photoshop,but you can just use any (Paint if you are in windows),its not hard cause you are only adding text on those.

After you done with the text you can now use Word to print them,thats what i do :P

Excellent, I knew you guys would have something good for me on this topic.

Thanks!
Paint.NET is a really good free photo editing program.  I'm not sure how well it handles text boxes and whatnot, but it does do layers and all that good stuff that makes adding that sort of thing easy.

GIMP is another free option but I find it crashes a bit too often. 
So have people made custom cards with new powers or equipment? I'd think there would be now that theg ame has been out for a while and people are playing it.

It would be great if we were to share them here? 
I actually came to the forums to make the suggestion that Wizards of the Coast should offer a printable card service where we can create our own custom cards using a template and pay a fee to have WOTC print them for us so that blend perfectly with the rest of the deck.
Sign In to post comments