What Mutated Animals have you played?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gamma World used to have a character choice where you would choose to be a 'mutated animal,' and choose a base stock (typically a specific species or even breed).

In 7th, we have:

Boxed Set:
Cockroach
Felinoid
Hawkoid
Rat Swarm
Yeti

Famine in Far-Go:
Arachnoid
Simian

So, incects, arcahnids, (presumably between the two you can handle any sort of arthropod), cats from house to big, birds, swarming critters, large furry critters, and apes.

That leaves quite a lot of animal types, some of which show up in...

Chandrak's Custom Origins Thread:
Squidling
Goatfolk
Sharkoid
Saurian
Wolfen
Amphibious

So, what sorts of mutated animals have you played in the past (or would like to play)? 
(Especially any that wouldn't fit into the existing origins.)

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

Chandrak's Custom Origins Thread:
Squidling
Goatfolk
Sharkoid
Saurian
Wolfen
Amphibious

So, what sorts of mutated animals have you played in the past (or would like to play)? 
(Especially any that wouldn't fit into the existing origins.)

Is it strange that I'd almost prefer to see those named like, Cephaloid, Caproid, Canoid, etc?

Just to sort of fit the mold set by the others. Maybe it's just me though, hah. Then again, I also have very little experience with Gamma World outside of this box, so some may already carry names - In that case, I'd support keeping the names consistant, unless the origin is being made more general than the classic form.
Nope, there's no classic GW naming convention or anything.  In the past you were just a 'mutated animal' and picked a 'base stock.'  So 'mutated bear,' 'mutated tapeworm,' 'mutated Jack Russel Terrier,' etc...

Come to think of it, Omega World had three distinct breeds of mutated animal:  Clicky (insect), Fuzzy(furry? something like that) (mammal) and Scaly (reptile).

I do think Cephalapoid would be cool, though.

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

Wolfen makes me think of Palladium Fantasy RPG...Canid would be a more fitting name if you're thinking about any type of canine-based humanoid.
What? they ripped off the 1981 horror flick, too?

One thing to remember is that you can be a mutated animal of nearly any kind for nearly any origin (except Engineered Human).

There's no reason you can't be a Telekinetic/Empath bear, or a Plant/Android octopus.

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Game Designer, The Queen's Cavaliers

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion