Gameday XP

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I just got back from gameday! Had a blast! My GM was great, but the adventure was a little long. He had to cut out a lot and change a lot to fit it in.  We only had time for 2 of the 4 encounters. We played it decently fast, too. Anyways, what sort of XP would my character receive for the trouble in freesboro adventure? I liked my character and plan on holding onto him for a little while longer.

(PS he's an Android Gravity Controller! 2 at wills! Good damage and some range too! +8 athletics, science, and conspiracy. Oh and yeah, the dark overcharge bonus. I did quite alright.)
It depends on which encounters you went through, how those encounters were modified to fit the size of your group, and whether or not you completed the quest Mayor Thompsoon assigned to you. I think my group got all but one of the 5 encounters and had they gotten that last one, they might have had just enough to go to level 2. So about 500-600 XP for everything.
Okay, yeah, we completed mayor Thompson's quest. We investigated the stuff and returned back with even pictures off it all on one of our players cell phones he had rolled for. (lol)

But we had also only done 2 of the 5 encounters, because I guess our GM decided to cut them out. We fought some porkers and the bird outside the building, and then we infiltrated the building and defeated Tang's men.  

maybe 300-400 xp or so? 
Again, it depends on how many people there are in the group. For your particular game, if you had 6, then you would have gotten about 375 XP. For 5 420 XP. 2 encounter XP rewards with a Quest reward. So not enough to level.

If you'd gone through all of the encounters: 5 players = 660 XP, 6 players = 567 XP. 5 encounter XP rewards with a Quest reward. Which is enough in either case for the characters to move up to level 2.

Now, that's if and only if the DM didn't add more wandering monsters or beefed up the critters in the book. The adventure, as written, was meant for 5 players with characters at level 1.

I ran it RAW and we had one character die in the first encounter, and 2 go unconscious in the last encounter with the Dabber Sharpshooter escaping. That was with 6 players and it was still challenging. The combat encounters were pretty darned long though...One of the issues I have with 4e, new players have to read their powers each time they make an attack so, GW with all it's new stuff had a lot of reading going on. It might speed up as people figure out what the heck is going on.

Getting through with just two combat encounters is pretty easy.  One is entirely GM-optional, another is easily bypassed (if you go in the front door instead of through the parking garrage).

Quest exp is 100 per player.  The 1st encounter, unmodified, is 675 (135 per player in a 5-player party).  The last is 925 (185 ea for 5 players).

So, 420 exp (edit: ninja'd!).  Less if your DM cut anything from either encounter (encounter 1 should be 5 porkers and a flock of birds; encounter 5 should be 4 porkers, a 5th elite uberporker, a racoon sniper and a rabbit with an axe).  More if you were fewer than 5 players.

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

Getting through with just two combat encounters is pretty easy.  One is entirely GM-optional, another is easily bypassed (if you go in the front door instead of through the parking garrage).

Quest exp is 100 per player.  The 1st encounter, unmodified, is 675 (135 per player in a 5-player party).  The last is 925 (185 ea for 5 players).

So, 420 exp (edit: ninja'd!).  Less if your DM cut anything from either encounter (encounter 1 should be 5 porkers and a flock of birds; encounter 5 should be 4 porkers, a 5th elite uberporker, a racoon sniper and a rabbit with an axe).  More if you were fewer than 5 players.

Thats all correct, except we were 4 players. I managed to deal with that pesky group of blood birds with hands of time.
So, you only had 4 players. And based on your comment above, the encounters were run RAW.

You can't just ask, "How much XP?" without giving us details about the encounters.

Based on what the module lists for XP and your party size of 4, you'd have gotten 500 XP in total, just enough to hit level 2.
...you'd have gotten 500 XP in total, just enough to hit level 2.

Sweet!