But REALLY comes in the FAR-GO and LEGION expansions

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
We've been teased the knowledge that FAR-GO introduces Cryptic Alliances and 20 more origins, but the product descritpions themselves are painfuly vague.

How many monsters do we get?
What new rules are introduced?
Does the three boxed sets get you from level 1 to 10?

Inquring minds want to know!
We've been teased the knowledge that FAR-GO introduces Cryptic Alliances and 20 more origins, but the product descritpions themselves are painfuly vague.

#3: Yes. Each adventure is 15 encounters, and it takes an average of 4 encounters to level in Gamma World. That's 4 levels per adventure, so 3-7 and 7-the end.
The Doctor Comics Blog: doctorcomics.blogspot.com On Twitter @doctorcomics GW Card List: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/26023881/Card_List

#3: Yes. Each adventure is 15 encounters, and it takes an average of 4 encounters to level in Gamma World. That's 4 levels per adventure, so 3-7 and 7-the end.

I'm confused becuse there's 8 encounters in the first box and I got the impression that it could be done in one 6 hour session. (Not doing the math, just the flow of the game.) At that rate, a full month of play (once a week) will be the majority of your campaign.
Which is why I think eventually if there is enough people playing (i.e. paying money)  that we could see an expanse of the game to get higher than 10.

How that is approached will be interesting to say the least.
I'm confused becuse there's 8 encounters in the first box and I got the impression that it could be done in one 6 hour session. (Not doing the math, just the flow of the game.) At that rate, a full month of play (once a week) will be the majority of your campaign.

I've done the math. It takes 46 "standard" encounters to reach Level 10.
(Standard Encounter = One monster per PC, of the same level as the PCs. So for a party of 5 Lv 3 characters... 5 monsters of Level 3)
Assuming you get 10% of your total XP from Quest Awards, you will need roughly 40 encounters to hit Level 10.

Playing 4 encounters a week (a standard figure for many groups), that's 10 weeks - 2.5 months.

Gamma World isn't intended for long term play. Odds are by the time you reach 10, you won't have any of the original characters anyways.
AlexandraErin: If last season was any indication, I think Encounters is pretty much the elemental opposite of "organized" play!
Sign In to post comments