GM Screen

18 posts / 0 new
Last post

Has anyone made a GM screen yet ??

I haven't seen one yet.
Gamma World Downloads: Character sheets, GM screen, adventures, monsters, house rules, cards, and more! You can usually find my posts at the Gamma World forum.
I'm kind of bummed that WotC didn't release one at the same time as the boxed set. Maybe they were thinking that GW wouldn't have much of a following?

My current wish list:
* GW GM Screen
* GW Dice (okay, so I bought some Nuke dice mentioned in another thread)
* GW fiction (hard to wait until Feb for the Sooner book)

I wish they'd put more pop into the release of GW.
Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playtesting D&D Next and liking it! OD&D player since 1975
I actually brought my 1st ed. screen to Game Day today Smile

Besides an unmodified screen, I have one I inherited from my brother which he updated with 2nd ed. info. Maybe I should update that screen (pasting over his updates).

Kerry
I purchased the Essentials DM kit today...Had I remembered there was an errataed GM screen in there, I would have used that.

Instead, I used my D&D 3E screen and 3E Forgotten Realms screen.

I was thinking about putting together a really nice DM screen like what Paizo once did. I'd just have to figure out how to do it. 3 panels, each with a pocket (like on a 3-ring binder with a clear pocket on the front and back) on both sides. That way you have player info (or images) on one side and DM info on the other.

I wish I could find a copy of the Paizo DM screen (I think it was for Savage Worlds...).
I used the much-maligned GW box as a screen.  Quite sturdy, really.   A little small, so I also had the cover of the adventure propped up to form a second half of the screen most of the game.

5e really needs something like Wrecan's SARN-FU to support "Theatre of the Mind."

"You want The Tooth?  You can't handle The Tooth!"  - Dahlver-Nar.

"If magic is unrestrained in the campaign, D&D quickly degenerates into a weird wizard show where players get bored quickly"  - E. Gary Gygax

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

I actually brought my 1st ed. screen to Game Day today Smile

Wait ... there is a 1E GW screen? Surprised 

I'm pretty sure I have one for 2E or 3E, but I don't recall ever seeing one for 1E.

----------------------

EDIT: I think I have a 3E screen. The one with the multi-colored "Action Table."
Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playtesting D&D Next and liking it! OD&D player since 1975
I use my customizable Masterscreen Quad, but Citizen Games apparently discontinued them (or got discontinued themselves).

At Gencon, I saw Hammerdog Games has a similar "World's Greatest Screen" (and they offer one in "Atomic Orange" Smile ).

Some of the material linked in this post would make great inserts.

EDIT: And for the player's side of the screen, the Wizards GW Art Gallery is an obvious choice (subscriber content).
[I'm pretty sure I have one for 2E or 3E, but I don't recall ever seeing one for 1E.

I did do some quick research and found the 1E GW screen. It doesn't look anything like what I thought it would look like, with much fancier logo and the like. Perhaps I have seen this before.
1E GW Screen

I have been working on a GM screen and it is almost done but it uses scans from the book. So i don't know if i can post it here when it is done without violating a copyright or anything. If someone knows if i can i'd apreciate a response. If it is ok I will if it is not I wont

I'm pretty sure it would be a violation of IP, but I'd sure love to have a copy anyway. Frown

The moderators are pretty strict on posting copyrighted materials on the boards.
Hmmm ok then i wont post it i dont wanna cause a rukus ... i'm just too lazy to type out the info hehe and since i have a scanner it was easier to just scan it plop it and make it fit. Looks a lil rough but it will be functional for what i need
I found a copy of the Paizo configurable DM screen on ebay. It's 3 (or 4) vinyl panels that have clear plastic pockets on them. You slip paper into the pockets and voila! you've got a DM screen. Since you can put ANY sheets in the pockets, I'll be making a set for Gamma World with all the charts I need plus any basic attacks, movement rules, house rules, etc. In addition to that, I'm going to be using Gamemastery's Combat Pad (I want to write one for the iPad...*drool*) for initiative and junk.

To top it off, there are a bunch of post apocalyptic wall papers somewhere posted on this forum. I'm going to print those puppies out and line the front side of the screen with them.

For a DIY project, you could always get a few 3-ring binders with the plastic pockets on their covers, put your artwork in the cover pockets and then put your rules on the inside in clear sheet protectors. A bit more clunky, but it'd work in a flash.

A better DIY project would be to get yourself some chip board and attach them to each other with bookbinding tape. Then attach clear sheet protectors to the fronts and backs. You'd have something similar to Paizo's offering.

In any case, with that kind of flexibility, you could easily designate the center front pocket as the "Show what the critter looks like" display pocket and  you can customize the sheets inside the DM screen for the particular encounter/adventure.
My DIY efforts always used those old cardstock artwork dividers that the 2e Monstrous Manual Appendices came with. They had great art, and if you bound a few together they stood up pretty well. Then you could print or paste info you wanted on the blank sides, and put the cool artwork pieces on the outside
I found a copy of the Paizo configurable DM screen on ebay.

What search terms did you use, and was there only one? That actually sounds pretty darn useful.
It's the Savage Worlds Customizable DM Screen (keywords savage worlds screen)

LINKS:
cgi.ebay.com/Savage-Worlds-Customizable-...

www.amazon.com/Savage-Worlds-Customizabl...

It's a 3-panel, 6-pocket screen. The panels are landscape. They aren't made anymore, but you should be able to get them from one of the links above.

I could have had multiple copies at one time but I wasn't DMing and then I moved to a place where RPGs are not played that often. I just recently found a place to play D&D/Gamma World/boardgames so I'm happy now (even if my wife isn't...heh)
I have gm screen i can insert 8 panels into .... i just have to print the stuff to put into it
I purchased the Essentials DM kit today...Had I remembered there was an errataed GM screen in there, I would have used that.

Instead, I used my D&D 3E screen and 3E Forgotten Realms screen.

I was thinking about putting together a really nice DM screen like what Paizo once did. I'd just have to figure out how to do it. 3 panels, each with a pocket (like on a 3-ring binder with a clear pocket on the front and back) on both sides. That way you have player info (or images) on one side and DM info on the other.

I wish I could find a copy of the Paizo DM screen (I think it was for Savage Worlds...).

I know I'm a few months late, but the SW customizable screen has been back in production for some time now.  Check out www.studio2publishing.com/shop/product_i..., it's the official SW store.   And now I return to not promoting other game companies' products on WotC's official boards...