Soul Sisters Gone Bad!

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
An idea kicking around in my head ATM. Let me know what you think, and what changes you'd make!

Soul Sisters Gone Bad! v0.1
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Have you considered Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth (which you could tutor with Expedition Map)?  It would easily fix your mana (and possibly allow for Emeria shenanigans.

I can't say that Blood Seeker looks especially effective in this deck, especially when you consider the fact that it's replacing Ajani's Pridemate.  Personally, I think that this deck needs a the heavy-hitter it gets with the Pridemate.

Kabira Crossroads would be a good fit in this deck.

This deck looks like it needs to get a bit more use out of its extra life.  I'm personally a fan of Phyrexian Processor in this department.
"Do not concern yourself with my origin, my race, or my ancestry. Seek my record in the pits, and then make your wager." --Arcanis the Omnipotent
Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png)
Before they banned the format out of existence, I was a proud supporter of Modern.

Not a big fan of Soul's Sisters in general (It's annoying to play with and against) but I like the black version. 

Wall of Blood could be used in this deck.  And some removal ala Unmake.
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
Not a big fan of Soul's Sisters in general (It's annoying to play with and against) but I like the black version.  

Seriously?  I found my Soul Sisters deck to be a lot of fun (but am not playing with it for a while because it won a few games).  Fast aggro combined with powerful lifegain means you get to play a very proactive role in how the game develops.  Ranger of Eos and Proclamation of Rebirth means you have a strong lategame plan with Serra Ascendant, too.
Thanks to everyone who helped with the design of the plane of Golamo in the Great Designer Search 2!
My Decks
These are the decks I have assembled at the moment:
Tournament Decks (4)
Kicker Aggro (Invasion Block) Sunforger/Izzet Guildmage Midrange (Ravnica/Time Spiral/Xth Standard) Dragonstorm Combo (Time Spiral/Lorwyn/Xth Standard) Bant Midrange (Lorwyn/Shards/M10 Standard)
Casual Multiplayer Decks (50)
Angel Resurrection Casual Soul Sisters Sindbad's Adventures with Djinn of Wishes Sphinx-Bone Wand Buyback Morph (No Instants or Sorceries) Cabal Coffers Control Zombie Aggro Hungry, Hungry Greater Gargadon/War Elemental Flashfires/Boil/Ruination - Boom! Call of the Wild Teysa, Orzhov Scion with Twilight Drover, Sun Titan, and Hivestone Slivers Rebels Cairn Wanderer Knights Only Gold and () Spells Captain Sisay Toolbox Spellweaver Helix Combo Merfolk Wizards Izzet Guildmage/The Unspeakable Arcane Combo Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind and his Wizards Creatureless Wild Research/Reins of Power Madness Creatureless Pyromancer Ascension Anarchist Living Death Anvil of Bogardan Madness Shamen with Goblin Game/Wound Reflection Combo Mass damage Quest for Pure Flame Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle/Clear the Land with 40+ Lands Doubling Season Thallids Juniper Order Ranger Graft/Tokens Elf Archer Druids Equilibrium/Aluren Combo Experiment Kraj Combo Reap Combo False Cure/Kavu Predator Combo Savra, Queen of the Golgari Sacrifice/Dredge Elf Warriors Eight-Post Sneak Attack Where Ancients Tread Zur the Enchanter with Opal creatures Tamanoa/Kavu Predator/Collapsing Borders Esper Aggro Mishra, Artificer Prodigy and his Darksteel Reactor Theft and Control Unearth Aggro Soul's Fire Vampires Devour Tokens Phytohydra with Powerstone Minefield Treefolk Friendly? Questing Phelddagrif Slivers Dragon Arch Fun I'm probably forgetting a few...
This deck practically screams for Souls of the Faultless.
I really would love to have Urborg for this deck, but every time I look at the price, it gives me a hernia.

That said, Ajani's Pridemate, Kabira Crossroads, Proclamation of Rebirth, Serra Ascendant and Ranger of Eos are all definite possibilities here. The Ranger and Ascendant are probably outside my budget for the initial version, but there's no harm in forward planning. ;)

I've got a singleton Souls of the Faultless already, and it's a good call. Fantastic defender, and I'm wondering if this deck needs more defense. Might be worth a few copies?

I do love the idea of Phyrexian Processor, and I do definitely need something like this for late-game shenanigans, but it's probably ever so slightly over my budget. I wonder what else we can use?

Finally, opinions on the lack of removal here? I'm figuring that the lifegain here plus the playset of Orim's Prayer should see me not caring too much about creatures attacking me. But maybe I need a little removal, just to be on the safe side, for things like Harmonic Sliver.

Thankfully the prices of both Ranger of Eos and Serra Ascendant are falling quite rapidly.  They shouldn't stay out of your price range for long (at least, so I'd imagine).

I can't really think of anything that would really fill the same roll as Phyrexian Processor, though... it's really a recurable source of creature production that can pump 'em out as big as you're willing to pay for.  The best thing that I can come up with is Kuro, Pitlord; he's massive and a repeatable source of creature damage (limited only by your life total and ambition).  I've literally never lost a game in which I've played him (although he's still unwieldly as hell to cast and keep up with).  Plague of Vermin (meh) or Promise of Power (amazing) could also work in that capacity. 

My big thing is that I hate passive lifegain; I want to actively DO something with it.
"Do not concern yourself with my origin, my race, or my ancestry. Seek my record in the pits, and then make your wager." --Arcanis the Omnipotent
Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png)
Before they banned the format out of existence, I was a proud supporter of Modern.

My big thing is that I hate passive lifegain; I want to actively DO something with it.

What about Necropotence?
Okay, this got its first run last night, obviously minus the awesome suggestions in this thread of cards I am yet to source (Hi Kabira Crossroads, Proclamation of Rebirth, Ranger of Eos...).

Soul Sisters Gone Bad v1.0

Ran it in a three-player game, up against a green infect deck and a Sun Titan control deck.
It managed to outrace the infect deck, and then Death Cloud the Sun Titan deck out of the game FTW.
Funnest move - Exsanguinate for five with double Sanguine Bond on the table. That's 15 to each opponent's face, +10 for me, all for . Heck yeah!

This deck definitely needs more recursion, though. I didn't even have a spare Elixir of Immortality for it (which should be pretty much a shoo-in for this deck).
And could definitely go for an Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth or two.

Sign In to post comments