[CRL] 2 Questions on Rules

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, I just got a copy of the game and had a few questions...sorry, if these questions have already been answered.

1) When it says "dungeon tile stack" does that mean that all of the dungeon tiles go into the stack? Even the labled ones?

2) Do you shuffle all of the treasure cards together? Even the "special" treasure cards?

Thanks!
Follow my blogs! NOTES FROM THE SHADOWFELL -RPGs, TCGs/CCGs, Comics, etc. BEYOND THE AGONY -Horror and metal!
1. Yes, all the dungeon tiles go into the stack, even the named tiles not called for in the adventure set up. The adventure will usually have you take a smaller number of tiles and place them after X tiles in the stack, but you always use _all_ the tiles unless the adventure set up says otherwise.

2. We do not shuffle the "special" adventure treasures into the treasure deck, but all other treasures get shuffled. 
I did also have some questions on rules as well.  Since the dungeon tiles are only a few squares long, if you move twice in one direction, do you place a tile, move through it and then possibly place another tile?  Or are you forced to stop at the edge of a tile?

Also,  there are skulls on some of the squares on some tiles.  The rules make no mention of them (though they are pictured in the rulebook, in the section about tiles and squares).  Are they to be treated as normal squares unless the adventure says otherwise?  I've only played the first solo adventure, so I may not have noticed the rule on them.  

Thanks in advance for your help! 
I did also have some questions on rules as well.  Since the dungeon tiles are only a few squares long, if you move twice in one direction, do you place a tile, move through it and then possibly place another tile?  Or are you forced to stop at the edge of a tile?

You can only place a new tile during your character's explore phase, which comes after your hero phase, which is when you move/attack.  Unless you are playing the ranger, you can only place a new tile (explore) if you are adjacent to an unexplored edge at the end of your hero phase.  If you are the ranger, you can explore any unexplored edge on your current tile.  Nevertheless, you can only explore a maximum of one new tile during your turn, unless you draw a card that says to do otherwise.

Also,  there are skulls on some of the squares on some tiles.  The rules make no mention of them (though they are pictured in the rulebook, in the section about tiles and squares).  Are they to be treated as normal squares unless the adventure says otherwise?  I've only played the first solo adventure, so I may not have noticed the rule on them.  

Thanks in advance for your help! 

I believe if you read through the other scenarios, you'll find that the skulls are significant for one of them.  In any other scenario, they are ordinary tiles.
The skulls are for the Howling Hag scenario (and possibly others, I dunno). You are supposed to specifically use those ones for the tile stack.
Sign In to post comments