Twitter Buffs Session 5

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pulses of bright light flare up from within the strange crystals. Any creature adjacent to a crystal gains resist 1 damage!

A school of cave fish draw your enemies attention with their chaotic splashing. Monsters grant combat advantage!

The slick floor allows daring PCs +2 to speed & they must make an Acrobatics check DC 10 or fall prone at the end of movement!

Cold mist from the waterfall deeper in the cavern soaks the party; The PCs gain resist acid 3 but take a -1 penalty to speed.

Ghosts of the past provide hidden insight. PCs gain a +4 bonus to untrained skill checks!

Thanks totem!

Our group plays on Thursdays, so we don't get the advantage of having these.

I'm going to try to implement them in our game as follows:

At the beginning of a round, roll 1d6 and refer to the chart below:
1: No change from previous condition.
2: Pulses of bright light flare up from within the strange crystals. Any creature adjacent to a crystal gains resist 1 damage!
3: A school of cave fish draw your enemies attention with their chaotic splashing. Monsters grant combat advantage!
4: The slick floor allows daring PCs +2 to speed & they must make an Acrobatics check DC 10 or fall prone at the end of movement!
5: Cold mist from the waterfall deeper in the cavern soaks the party; The PCs gain resist acid 3 but take a -1 penalty to speed.
6: Ghosts of the past provide hidden insight. PCs gain a +4 bonus to untrained skill checks!
Same with my group, my work schedule doesn't let me play on Wednesdays.  Our store owner was gracious enough to let us run a session on Thursday, in addition to the 3 or 4 tables he has on Wednesdays.

Joe
Thanks totem!

Our group plays on Thursdays, so we don't get the advantage of having these.

I'm going to try to implement them in our game as follows:

At the beginning of a round, roll 1d6 and refer to the chart below:
1: No change from previous condition.
2: Pulses of bright light flare up from within the strange crystals. Any creature adjacent to a crystal gains resist 1 damage!
3: A school of cave fish draw your enemies attention with their chaotic splashing. Monsters grant combat advantage!
4: The slick floor allows daring PCs +2 to speed & they must make an Acrobatics check DC 10 or fall prone at the end of movement!
5: Cold mist from the waterfall deeper in the cavern soaks the party; The PCs gain resist acid 3 but take a -1 penalty to speed.
6: Ghosts of the past provide hidden insight. PCs gain a +4 bonus to untrained skill checks!

Personally I just double up a d10 and roll it once an hour, since that's how they were delivered by twitter.  The constantly shifting effects seems a little too off given the narrative capacity that these effects are delivered in.
https://twitter.com/#!/Nullzone42
That's pretty much the way I do it, but I have one of the player's roll.

Joe