GW Promo Cards

15 posts / 0 new
Last post

For the GW Game Day, there are two promo cards:

1/3 Power Mimic

and

3/3 Dehydrated Man

Does anybody have a clue or idea what 2/3 is or how it will be distributed?

Timothy Adams

Battle Hardened DM

I read somewhere on this forum that it was an Alpha Mutation called Two-Headed (which is awesome)... not sure what it does (aside from the obvious).

Word was that it was an exclusive at some Con, and that it would be available at D&DXP.  So... e-bay I guess.
Cool, thanks for the "heads-up" lmao!

Timothy Adams

Battle Hardened DM

Two Headed was confirmed to be the 2/3. According to the WotC post in the card list thread, it was given out at New York Comic Con.

Havent found any text for it yet.
Two Headed was confirmed to be the 2/3. According to the WotC post in the card list thread, it was given out at New York Comic Con.

Havent found any text for it yet.

Would be nice if we could just get the text.

Alpha - Bio - Two-Headed

You grow a second head that watches your back and keeps you from feeling lonely during those long nights.

BENEFIT: You gain a +4 power bonus to Will and don't grant combat advantage.

Overcharge: When you start your turn you can roll a d20.
10+ While this card is readied, you can take an extra standard action during each of your turns.
9 or less: you are dominated by your second head (save ends). While under this effect, your second head resents your allies and tries to attack them or humiliate them.

Veteran of The Transfer... Add 700 to my post count... 

Would there be anyone able to post Power Mimic and Dehydrated Man?  I am gonna make my own powercards for the promo card cause i didnt start gamma world til xmas but not i love it.
They're all in the card text compilation thread. It's linked in the sticky post.

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Adventurers League Local Coordinator, Los Angeles area (AL FAQ here!)

Running D&D Encounters every Wednesday night at The Guild House (Bellflower, CA)

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion

Adventures League Characters (click for list)
Adventurers League Characters: (can you tell I like making new characters?)
  • Oraibi Jhannivvar (human noble devotion paladin of Siamorphe, level 8) and Golden Dawn (celestial warhorse); NG, Lords' Alliance
  • Ninkasi the Ale-Nun (human guild artisan life cleric of Chantea, level 6); NG, Harpers
  • Bacavi Jhannivvar (human sage arcane trickster/cleric of Tymora, level 4/2) and Teddy (cat familiar); CG, Lords' Alliance, Cloaks
  • Alcyone Pleiades (air genasi sailor conjuration wizard, level 4) and Buster (crab familiar); TN, Harpers, Cloaks
  • Rhythm (tiefling entertainer bard, is a dancer, level 3); NG, Harpers
  • Onyx Crystalfist (svirfneblin Earthspur miner Underdark land druid, level 3); NG, Emerald Enclave
  • Verdigris (copper dragonborn gladiator beastmaster ranger, level 3) and Heqet (giant frog); NG, Emerald Enclave
  • Niran Wishcrafter (fire genasi charlatan chaos sorcerer, level 2) a.k.a. "Madame Vessa" (human fortune teller); CN, Zhentarim
  • Claráin Coppervault (mountain dwarf guild artisan abjuration wizard, level 2) and Julius (cave octopus familiar); LG, Harpers
Would there be anyone able to post Power Mimic and Dehydrated Man? 

From here:

1. Power Mimic (A; P; Dark) You copy someone else's mutation. Choose wisely! Minor Action; Close Burst 5; Target: One ally in burst with a readied Alpha Mutation.; Effect: Choose one Alpha Mutation the target has readied. You gain the Alpha Mutation's benefit until the end of your next turn, or you can use its power once before the end of your next turn. The target's Alpha Mutation is unaffected.; Overcharge: When you use this power, you can roll at d20.; 10+ You gain the Alpha Mutation's benefit until the end of the encounter instead, or you can use its power once before the end of the encounter.; 9 or less: A random enemy of the GM's choice gains the same benefit or power use as you from the chosen Alpha Mutation.

2. "Two-Headed". (A; P; Bio) You grow a second head that watches your back and keeps you from feeling lonely during those long nights.  Benefit: You gain a +4 power bonus to Will and don't grant combat advantage.  Overcharge: When you start your turn, you can roll a d20.; 10+: While this card is readied, you can take an extra standard action during each of your turns.; 9 or less: You are dominated by your second head (save ends). While under this effect, your second head resents your allies and tries to attack them or humiliate them.

3. Dehydrated Man (O; P; Ishtar) This jar of white powder is labeled "Powdered Scientist—just add water!" Special; Minor Action; Effect: You deploy the dehydrated man in an unoccupied square adjacent to you. It occupies 1 square. Enemies can't move through its space, but allies can. Whenever you take a move action, you can move the man 6 squares as a free action. The dehydrated man's defenses are all 20. If a single attack deals 20 or more damage to the man, it's destroyed. While the man is deployed, you gain a +5 power bonus on Conspiracy, Mechanics, and Science checks. At the end of the encounter, roll a d6. On a 1–3, the dehydrated man collapses into lifeless powder. On a 4–6, the man leaves to pursue its own goals

Dammit. I was given nearmint copies of the Power Mimic and Dehydrated Man cards this week. Now my collector-instinct is kicking in and driving me to find a near mint copy of that Two-Headed card.

There is currently ONE copy available on eBay. It is going for $62.00! Cry
Encounters DM, Season 4 & Season 5 - Amorous Armadillo Game Shoppe - Oviedo, FL
There have been a few of the Two-Headed cards on e-bay and they all have gone for that kind of cash....
Was the two-headed promo given out at D&DXP?

Kerry
If there were cards given out I'll bet that they were Fortune Cards promo(s).
Was the two-headed promo given out at D&DXP?

Kerry

Yes, I think it was given to everyone who attended DDXP.

There is a two-headed promo up on eBay now.
Sign In to post comments