Aaargh. European Games Day Promos

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aaargh. 

Who coordinates sending out the Games Day packs in Europe? The last two D&D and this Games Day we have received a random selection of adventures/characters/battle maps which sometimes render them unplayable. 

Now I am aware that in some countries you get nothing at all, but it is also annoying when we get the packet three days before the date we're supposed to play and work out whether it's playable - if so we advertise, if not we abandon it.

We used to get up to twenty people for Games Days, but now we're lucky to get ten - a combination of lack of ability to advertise in advance and previous let downs. 

Just opened our Gamma World envelope - two adventures, no handouts, no character sheets, no battle maps.
Oh well, there's hopefully time to organise a catch up session for Encounters...
Just opened our Gamma World envelope - two adventures, no handouts, no character sheets, no battle maps.
Oh well, there's hopefully time to organise a catch up session for Encounters...

Are the adventures shrink-wrapped? If so, the maps should be found inside the adventure cover. The only hand-outs are attached to the game day instructions (which can be downloaded from the event description in the WPN organizer center) or found in the adventure. Character sheets can be downloaded from the WotC site. This game day does not include pre-generated characters (check the game day instructions). However, if you are missing the promo cards, I'm not sure how you'll replace them.

Kerry
Thanks, Kerry. 

No, they're not shrinkwrapped and I suspect they're lost. 

The absence of character sheets is less vital than in previous D&D game days given the fact that we'll be generating them at the time (as we din't get the instructions either I didn't know there weren't pregensSmile ) - and I've downloaded the excellent sheets/standups elsewhere on the forum. 

It's just the battlemaps are even more important than usual as I can't use dungeon tiles to duplicate them.

Thanks very much for trying to help out so quickly, though. 

Ouch! The map is an important component. Since an electronic version isn't available (as far as I know), your options are pretty limited. Maybe contact your WotC rep? Could you possibly enlarge the encounter maps from the adventure on a copier? (Quality would suck but at least it would be a map.) Maybe you could draw the maps free-hand on a dry/wet erase battle mat?

Kerry

Och, we've tried in the past but never had any luck. Shame because they are otherwise very helpful but I don't think they coordinate Games Days in the same way as other services. 

No, this was more of a grumpy rant rather than an expectation of a solution, your boundless efforts are appreciated....Embarassed 
Well, hang about. 
Just got an email from Raymond Fong saying that the maps are in the post!
Wizards rocks and rolls once again!

Now, out of my way, I have mutants to print out:-)