Dungeon Tiles / Battle Maps for Gamma World

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey all:

I'm looking to run a GW mini campaign and am having a tough time finding appropriate maps for encounters. The few in the base set are alright (some of them are pretty undistinguishable from standard D&D fare), but obviously some variety would be nice! What is everyone else using? Some generic 'post apocalyptic street/ruined bulding' maps would be priceless.

Hey all:

I'm looking to run a GW mini campaign and am having a tough time finding appropriate maps for encounters. The few in the base set are alright (some of them are pretty undistinguishable from standard D&D fare), but obviously some variety would be nice! What is everyone else using? Some generic 'post apocalyptic street/ruined bulding' maps would be priceless.

I ran a set of GW encounters using Kings Road and the Mushroom Cavern battlemats with great success.    To add to the ambience of the setting I do have some Games Workshop craters and some wrecked cars as models that I put on the battlemat to give it a more "nuked" feeling.
I plan on using the star-wars tiles set to make some interior maps when needed.
You might try looking at some PDF terrain like OMEGA-TILES. There are probably some other sets from the same/similar developers that would be good as well.
-Sartredes
I use Battlegraph boards from Longtooth.

longtoothstudios.com/blog/

I love these!  They are worth every penny!
Dry erase boards are nice, but for this particular instance I will be running Gamma World almost exclusively through Fantasy Grounds. Thanks for all the suggestions though, Omega Tiles in particular is what I was looking for. I also took another look at my D&D tiles and found the Dark Sun ones to be pretty good for a 'blasted wasteland' setting. So between wasteland, post apocolyptic streets and the run down high tech buildings from the base set I have a decent amount to go on. Hopefully I can nail down some of the maps from the Game Day as I've heard they have some good ones.
Game Day maps.

Side 1: 2 maps, half the sheet each. Each map is 15x21

1: Straight stretch of road, 3 wrecked cards on it.
Scrubland on the side of the road, with an excavated semi-circular area. Fallen telephone pole, and 2 sewer vents

2: Parking lot, majority of spaces have vehicles in them. There's an enterance gate booth. One corner has a corner of a building with an auto sliding door and freight elevators

Side 2: One map, a large technological facility, with small utility rooms surrounding it.
Less generically useful. Still very cool.

Good call on the Dark Sun tiles.  I'll have to grab a pack next week.
AlexandraErin: If last season was any indication, I think Encounters is pretty much the elemental opposite of "organized" play!
Do you have any of the SW minis maps? I'm planning on using a few of those for some encounters.
If you want to go all-out, there's WorldWorks Games' cardstock terrain, such as the new Mayhem Armoury: Mayhem DESTROYED.
The obvious options for preprinted materials:

Star Wars Mini Maps
D&D Maps
Game Mastery Maps
D&D Tiles
Game Mastery Tiles

Another fun idea - if you have access - is to use actual blueprints for a building. 

Personally, considering that the PC mini options for GW are thin, I think I might just give in and do the LCD projector route.  That will allow me to use any pictures I want as a battle map.
D&D & Boardgames If I have everything I need to run great games for many years without repeating stuff, why do I need to buy anything right now?