Wandering Monster Encounters

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, here's a quick table that I threw together that lets you roll up each half of an encounter separately:

boldpueblo.com/downloads/gammaworld/GW-w...

Combine them together and come up with a reason for the encounter. Why are the porkers working with the yexil? Is the Orlen Pistoleer's shieldbot really just a remote controlled toy he found? Is there any reason for a group of Gren to team up with a pair of Berserk Androids? Where did the Hoop Sharpshooters get their pet Soul Beshes from? I don't know, you're the GM -- you make something up!

Oh, and if your players stumble onto something they can't handle while they're still low level? They'd better learn when to run and when to make deals, or they'll end up quite dead. Welcome to Gamma Terra!

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Adventurers League Local Coordinator, Los Angeles area (AL FAQ here!)

Running D&D Encounters every Wednesday night at The Guild House (Bellflower, CA)

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion

Adventures League Characters (click for list)
Adventurers League Characters: (can you tell I like making new characters?)
  • Oraibi Jhannivvar (human noble devotion paladin of Siamorphe, level 8) and Golden Dawn (celestial warhorse); NG, Lords' Alliance
  • Ninkasi the Ale-Nun (human guild artisan life cleric of Chantea, level 6); NG, Harpers
  • Bacavi Jhannivvar (human sage arcane trickster/cleric of Tymora, level 4/2) and Teddy (cat familiar); CG, Lords' Alliance, Cloaks
  • Alcyone Pleiades (air genasi sailor conjuration wizard, level 4) and Buster (crab familiar); TN, Harpers, Cloaks
  • Rhythm (tiefling entertainer bard, is a dancer, level 3); NG, Harpers
  • Onyx Crystalfist (svirfneblin Earthspur miner Underdark land druid, level 3); NG, Emerald Enclave
  • Verdigris (copper dragonborn gladiator beastmaster ranger, level 3) and Heqet (giant frog); NG, Emerald Enclave
  • Niran Wishcrafter (fire genasi charlatan chaos sorcerer, level 2) a.k.a. "Madame Vessa" (human fortune teller); CN, Zhentarim
  • Claráin Coppervault (mountain dwarf guild artisan abjuration wizard, level 2) and Julius (cave octopus familiar); LG, Harpers
Thanks Oraibi for all the cool stuff you have made and/or are making for GW.  For a busy GM I appreciate the effort you are putting into fleshing out the game that I so dearly love.
Thanks Oraibi for all the cool stuff you have made and/or are making for GW.  For a busy GM I appreciate the effort you are putting into fleshing out the game that I so dearly love.

No prob! They're all just things I'm gonna use anyway (such as this encounter builder) so it's not difficult just to type it up and dump it on the web.

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Adventurers League Local Coordinator, Los Angeles area (AL FAQ here!)

Running D&D Encounters every Wednesday night at The Guild House (Bellflower, CA)

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion

Adventures League Characters (click for list)
Adventurers League Characters: (can you tell I like making new characters?)
  • Oraibi Jhannivvar (human noble devotion paladin of Siamorphe, level 8) and Golden Dawn (celestial warhorse); NG, Lords' Alliance
  • Ninkasi the Ale-Nun (human guild artisan life cleric of Chantea, level 6); NG, Harpers
  • Bacavi Jhannivvar (human sage arcane trickster/cleric of Tymora, level 4/2) and Teddy (cat familiar); CG, Lords' Alliance, Cloaks
  • Alcyone Pleiades (air genasi sailor conjuration wizard, level 4) and Buster (crab familiar); TN, Harpers, Cloaks
  • Rhythm (tiefling entertainer bard, is a dancer, level 3); NG, Harpers
  • Onyx Crystalfist (svirfneblin Earthspur miner Underdark land druid, level 3); NG, Emerald Enclave
  • Verdigris (copper dragonborn gladiator beastmaster ranger, level 3) and Heqet (giant frog); NG, Emerald Enclave
  • Niran Wishcrafter (fire genasi charlatan chaos sorcerer, level 2) a.k.a. "Madame Vessa" (human fortune teller); CN, Zhentarim
  • Claráin Coppervault (mountain dwarf guild artisan abjuration wizard, level 2) and Julius (cave octopus familiar); LG, Harpers
Sign In to post comments